Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Sotherius

All character models in doa 4 are bad looking. The stages look better? Some of them do, some of them don't, this was more a problem of art direction than graphics itself.

The menus? The only person i ever saw complaining about the HUD on DOA 5 is you Argentus. They work just fine.

synce

DOA5 has no art direction, indeed the same problem as Infinite. Main difference is DOA5 at least had T&A to distract people from the terrible aesthetics. Actually I could make a big list of everything Capcom screwed up with Infinite from an art perspective.

MeadowSpirit

DOA5 has no art direction, indeed the same problem as Infinite. Main difference is DOA5 at least had T&A to distract people from the terrible aesthetics. Actually I could make a big list of everything Capcom screwed up with Infinite from an art perspective.
DOA5 looks 100 times better than MVC:I and doesn't have "terrible aesthetics" at all. Get your eyes checked. Internet hyperbole is so lame and tiresome.

MVC:I character models look like they were farmed out to a Chinese sweatshop producing 3D character models on the cheap, and there's no consistency at all. The awful roster full of 3rd rate Marvel characters and recycled MVC3 Capcom characters that nobody asked for is another nail in the coffin of this series. Thanks, Disney.

Sotherius

Ok, i agree that MVCI looks bad, and is probably just as broken as the previous marvel vs capcom, and DOA5 is a great looking game, and while it felt short on art direction on some departments, still had pretty good art overall, and stunning character arts and concepts.

But again about MVCI, i'm not sure we can put all the blame on disney, they were probably the ones that forced the MVCU roster into it, but even with a lackluster roster, the game could be made into something great, but Capcom did what capcom does best, and screws up games.

synce

Infinite's graphics actually were outsourced to studios in China and Malaysia. But it goes beyond bad models. The game fails at just about everything. It makes MVC3 look good, which is impressive considering 3 looked like crap next to 2.

compare-hulk.jpg

compare-nemesis.jpg

As for DOA5, I don't need my eyes checked and I know enough about art to confidently say DOA4 (and even 3) were much prettier games on every front. But let's remove the girls from the equation. Would you still say DOA5 looks good? What looks good about it?

Here's another little comparison to demonstrate DOA5's own failings

doa comparison.jpg

On the left you can see a relatively accurate portrayal of China's mountains, it's pretty impressive considering this was done in 2001. On the right is the new Team Ninja's attempt at creating this stage, over 10 years later. The colors just don't work and it's unimpressive in general.

doa comparison 2.jpg

Another comparison. Left is dull, muted, boring. And why is there attention being drawn to an umbrella? On the right you can see the designers had a much better understanding of color theory, with more vibrant colors, and all the reds complimenting the greens.

HajinMonSect

Yeah graphics aside is this game actually? Someone said its not as exploitable but I'm watching a stream and it sure looks that way. The spam is real, like the same move spam at great success rate. Someone is spamming Zeros blade beams over and over, Chun Li rising kick thing can be chained and the theres combos going into special moves going into ultra combos. Online seems rough.

MeadowSpirit

Infinite's graphics actually were outsourced to studios in China and Malaysia. But it goes beyond bad models. The game fails at just about everything. It makes MVC3 look good, which is impressive considering 3 looked like crap next to 2.

View attachment 24204

View attachment 24205

As for DOA5, I don't need my eyes checked and I know enough about art to confidently say DOA4 (and even 3) were much prettier games on every front. But let's remove the girls from the equation. Would you still say DOA5 looks good? What looks good about it?

Here's another little comparison to demonstrate DOA5's own failings

View attachment 24206

On the left you can see a relatively accurate portrayal of China's mountains, it's pretty impressive considering this was done in 2001. On the right is the new Team Ninja's attempt at creating this stage, over 10 years later. The colors just don't work and it's unimpressive in general.

I'm not talking about the girls. DOA3 and DOA4 look awful in 2017, in general, not just in comparison to DOA5. To me it's like somebody saying that Tekken 3 looks better than Tekken 7. Our opinions differ so much there's no point in us continuing this particular topic.

MVC2 was an awesome game but its graphics were horrendous, IMO. MVC3 looks great and is exactly how the VS games should look.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD