Maximillian's Hands-On video.

Raansu

Can you stop acting like this is the final build of the game; report what you think is necessary to your character and just have fun with the news and activities leading up to the game release? How about that?

@Fantailler the term community is far from forgotten. IF you go to the home page and check out the news there, you will see that.

For that matter, whats wrong with ongyoin?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't have a problem with it. I've used it successfully and have seen people offline use it successfully, but I'm sure Brute will have an answer for you.

Brute

Standard Donor
Can you stop acting like this is the final build of the game; report what you think is necessary to your character and just have fun with the news and activities leading up to the game release? How about that?
Critical assessment is how I have fun. Can you stop acting like I'm obliged to be a brainless optimist in the face of zero evidence?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Critical assessment is how I have fun. Can you stop acting like I'm obliged to be a brainless optimist in the face of zero evidence?

Fine; as long as you are having fun I guess... though I never expected to you be brainless, what more evidence do you need? 8% is low enough of a number to make a lot of what you're saying highly questionable.

Brute

Standard Donor
Fine; as long as you are having fun I guess... though I never expected to you be brainless, what more evidence do you need? 8% is low enough of a number to make a lot of what you're saying highly questionable.
If they're at such a low stage in their development and choose to show something off, it's usually because they're very proud of the particular feature or aspect that they are showcasing, and wish that to be a framing device to allow the public to focus on what they wish to be the focus.

The focus is clearly meter stuff and the allegedly new "tone" (costume controversy, etc.). None of that suggests that they are going to prioritize moveset revisions, which is exactly what their primary focus needs to be if we're going to see it evolve in a healthy way. I'm sure they'll superficially add a few new moves simply for the sake of having new moves, but that's almost worse than nothing (man, Ryu's new 3H+K / 4PK in 5U sure worked out great).

DOA5's mechanics were solid. The meter element is trying to fix a system that wasn't broken. The stuff that could've used some serious improvement/revision was the character movesets and move properties. But contextually, everything we're seeing suggests that TN just doesn't give a shit (or, worse, that they thought that element of DOA5 was excellent).

Raansu

They were showing off the new graphics engine and mechanics.....This game at best has probably only been in development for 7 or 8 months. You have to consider that they have build the models, create the assets, stabilize the engine for what they are building etc....Expecting anything drastically new in move sets is being unreasonable.

Brute

Standard Donor
They were showing off the new graphics engine and mechanics.....This game at best has probably only been in development for 7 or 8 months. You have to consider that they have build the models, create the assets, stabilize the engine for what they are building etc....Expecting anything drastically new in move sets is being unreasonable.
I did consider that. I also considered that they could have forgone including as many characters as they did who show nothing new or interesting and instead put increased focus into a smaller cast if they felt that showing such evolution was a priority.

It's not exactly unheard of. DOA5 did precisely that, for example.

Raansu

There was only 5 characters shown off. The playable DoA5 alpha build the 4 characters featured had their move sets pretty much identical to what they had in doa4 minus the advanced hold changes. I don't believe we even saw the CB stuff till E3 2012 which was months after the initial announcement.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think they are definitely proud of the work they've done, and maybe you're right -- some things will remain the same that you might not like. But the fatal rush moves look outstanding and the element looks like a lot of fun to me. Of course we know now that these moves can be held consistently, which was a gripe when the game was first announced that these elements would be too powerful if you can use them all the time.

As far as Hayabusa goes, I think he's a character that requires a lot of time and care -- I expect to see a lot of changes with him. In this video he looks more slick than his beefy DOA5 counterpart so one would assume he wouldn't have carbon-copy moves and maybe it was easier for the company to reuse most of DOA5's assets in early development so they don'y wander too far away from what makes DOA5 solid. But I do understand your reasonable doubt, if I was a Hayabusa main I would certainly feel more cautious than now.

WAZAAAAA

@Brute you've spent 6 posts talking about Hayabusa's moveset in 6 and still haven't dropped a single mention of his glorious handstand stance & break dance moves? You disgust me don't @ me bro

Brute

Standard Donor
their move sets pretty much identical to what they had in doa4 minus the advanced hold changes.
For whatever reason, this is a very common misconception. Allow me to debunk it.

(in the following, I disregard moves tied to universal system changes/updates)

New Hayabusa stuff from the Alpha demo of DOA5 off the top of my head:
-Air throw
-4K (ongyoin transition)
-4PP
-4PK
-3KK
-Ongyoin PPP
-Ongyoin K
-Ongyoin parry
-6T

New Hayabusa stuff from the E3 demo of DOA6:
-???

ryu_highabusa

They've barely just started development. Christ. How many times does that need to be explained? None of the things you listed were in the very first original DOA5 trailer either, they were in the playable alpha demo that released a few months later. You're cherry-picking. You're basically upset the game isn't done yet. This is why developers don't both to show shit until almost release anymore. Ugh...

Brute

Standard Donor
They've barely just started development. Christ. How many times does that need to be explained?
It doesn't need to be explained. But people keep repeating it anyway, for some reason.

You're cherry-picking.
Cherry-picking is when you deliberately omit or ignore facts/evidence to misrepresent a situation. I have never denied the alleged completion percentage; I've simply said that I'm skeptical that the remaining effort will be used to seriously and properly re-examine and modify character movesets due to how the development team's priorities have been demonstrated thus far.

Your allegation is false. You can disagree with me, but I'm not cherry-picking information.

You're basically upset the game isn't done yet. This is why developers don't both to show shit until almost release anymore. Ugh...
If you don't have anything substantial to show yet then yes, I think restraint is wise until it's been refined. The game doesn't have to be done, but if you're showcasing something, you should be proud of what you put on display. I'm simply not impressed by better graphics and a meter system that was allegedly inspired by phone games. If you are, great. But I'm not.

None of the things you listed were in the very first original DOA5 trailer either, they were in the playable alpha demo that released a few months later.
Well yes, but they were available at the time TN considered the build at a point where people could actually play it. They let people play DOA6 at its current state and collect gameplay footage of it. Likely part of the reason they didn't release the playable DOA5 demo immediately when the trailer dropped was because they knew that the gameplay didn't yet have enough work put in to properly reflect the focus of the new game (that and to boost NG3 sales), so they held off and continued to improve things in order to deliver a proper reflection of their focus. Obviously, they did not feel that approach pertinent with respect to DOA6's current state at E3.

MasterHavik

I'll check the video out in a bit. I just wanted to say on the late shift Master said that a lot of characters have 5 moves before right now they are jsut showing things off. So things are subject to change. All I learned is that Zack's ppkkkkk can ground bounce now.

Xhominid The Demon Within

The FGC is in desperate need of more people like him with that attitude rather than the toxicity we have breeding now.

This. To get away from talking about Hayabusa for a second, I honestly cannot fathom why people believe that someone like Aris is the best rep for the FGC? I mean, I go to R/Kappa unironically and ironically all at the same time and I see people practically repping every single word that he says but while I do sometimes agree with what he said, not only does he basically state the obvious but he's such an ass that to anyone else he comes off as an unlikable douche.

Compared to him, Max is a breath of fresh air that everyone would rather see. Passion, Optimism and lately he got a spine and is calling out Capcom when they do stupid stuff.

It doesn't help that Aris really is a douche with some messed up history behind him and a real...COUNTRY when it comes to DOA considering he blatantly hates the game yet act like he knows about it. I honestly doubt he plays anything past Tekken or maybe Soul Calibur so there's less of a reason to give a damn.

Just my 2 cents.

MasterHavik

This. To get away from talking about Hayabusa for a second, I honestly cannot fathom why people believe that someone like Aris is the best rep for the FGC? I mean, I go to R/Kappa unironically and ironically all at the same time and I see people practically repping every single word that he says but while I do sometimes agree with what he said, not only does he basically state the obvious but he's such an ass that to anyone else he comes off as an unlikable douche.

Compared to him, Max is a breath of fresh air that everyone would rather see. Passion, Optimism and lately he got a spine and is calling out Capcom when they do stupid stuff.

It doesn't help that Aris really is a douche with some messed up history behind him and a real...COUNTRY when it comes to DOA considering he blatantly hates the game yet act like he knows about it. I honestly doubt he plays anything past Tekken or maybe Soul Calibur so there's less of a reason to give a damn.

Just my 2 cents.
Aris only reps Tekken and Soul Calibur. No one thinks he's a face of the FGC. Each games got their faces for anime games it is LordKnight and BananKen, NRS: Sonicfox and Tekkenmaster(A few others), Smash it varies; for melee it's the gods and Smash 4 it's Zero and Salem, and etc. There is no one true face of all the FGC. Max is just a casual darling with bare understanding of high level player.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Aris only reps Tekken and Soul Calibur. No one thinks he's a face of the FGC. Each games got their faces for anime games it is LordKnight and BananKen, NRS: Sonicfox and Tekkenmaster(A few others), Smash it varies; for melee it's the gods and Smash 4 it's Zero and Salem, and etc. There is no one true face of all the FGC. Max is just a casual darling with bare understanding of high level player.

And that's still a plus for him compared to the others. It's because he's the guy on the outside, people would trust his opinion well over say Aris especially when people read up on their shenanigans.

And I never said see him as the face of the FGC, I said a representative...which he kinda is.

MasterHavik

And that's still a plus for him compared to the others. It's because he's the guy on the outside, people would trust his opinion well over say Aris especially when people read up on their shenanigans.

And I never said see him as the face of the FGC, I said a representative...which he kinda is.
Aris is jsut a memlord and a shittalker. I know about his past, but people just like laughing at his jokes. He also got a lot of respect back in the days for explaining how to properly play Tekken.(I think it was TT6 or TTT2)

Fantailler

Aris and Maximillian both have a background in FGC.I don't understand why you guys seem to hate about Aris?

Aris hates DOA for bad reasons and Max loves it for bad reasons too.

Max admitted that he never really played it but that will change for DOA6 because he was impressed by a really early build focusing on visual and casual aspects...

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD