Mila "official" reveal trailer [09-11-12]

DontForkWitMe

yep, shes definitely gonna be my secondary. she looks right up my ally and has a leon-like playstyle of hard hitting short combos,mix ups, with a similar grapple game. plus its about time i actually play as a female in this series...been nothing but a sausage-fest of mains in every other DOA

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
she looks right up my ally and has a leon-like playstyle of hard hitting short combos,mix ups, with a similar grapple game.

I don't know. Dogg said she's plays nothing like Leon. She definitely looks badass though. I like that she has so much stuff leading into that takedown. I wonder if she gets advantage when someone breaks out of it though.

DontForkWitMe

I don't know. Dogg said she's plays nothing like Leon. She definitely looks badass though. I like that she has so much stuff leading into that takedown. I wonder if she gets advantage when someone breaks out of it though.

shes obviously different and unique and won't retain his barbaric ruthless douchbag style of manhandling everyone but there are definitely similarities with them both having multiple ways of pulling off their takedown grapple with multiple options afterwards

Master_Thespian

So many ways to get that takedown, hnnnnngggg. Sorta sucks that they skipped all the throws and counters since I really wanted to see how her mount worked. And we finally have some proper kickboxing/muay thai techniques (sorry, Zack).

EDIT: Just realized there was a full article that details the mount. Mount options are pretty disappointing, but I'm still excited about her overall.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I bet she's susceptible to low catch throws when going for a catch. I think Leon had the same properties on his catch too.

Blazeincarnated

mila.JPG

hmmm so that was Mila lol

KwonJigglypuff

That was a pretty funny debate. "It's Pai Chan ! Nooo it's Mila ! Sorry guys, but it's another female newcomer ! Shut up, it's Momiji!".

Anyway. I like that new costume. Very.. casual.

I don't understand why Sarah is under Christie, and where Pai/Gen Fu/Alpha are. Can you explain how to pick her Dogg, now that she is revealed ? Special manipulation ?

DrDogg

So many ways to get that takedown, hnnnnngggg. Sorta sucks that they skipped all the throws and counters since I really wanted to see how her mount worked. And we finally have some proper kickboxing/muay thai techniques (sorry, Zack).

EDIT: Just realized there was a full article that details the mount. Mount options are pretty disappointing, but I'm still excited about her overall.

To be fair, most of that article is how the casual gamer will play Mila. Most of the tools he mentioned are useless at high levels. She's really good, but not for most of the reasons he mentioned. Her best tool in that article was breezed over like it was a side item. lol

I don't understand why Sarah is under Christie, and where Pai/Gen Fu/Alpha are. Can you explain how to pick her Dogg, now that she is revealed ? Special manipulation ?

Nope. But you can buy the strategy guide or wait until 3am on 9/25 when someone else buys the strategy guide and posts the info. :p

synce

The difference is the Japanese actors were hired by the original creators and are speaking the original lines... If you know even a little Japanese it's so obvious how inaccurate Tecmo's translations are, and they've gotten progressively worse with each new DOA :confused:

werewolfgold

Because I do know something about Japanese, I can honestly say that sometime 100% direct translations aren't the way to go.

With that being said, some line changes do seen kind of arbitrary. But, can a person really objectively say that original is synonymous with better just by its nature? I can think of a number of lines in Blazblue (just as an example) that got "adjusted" for English and I think they were a lot better off for it. I don't have this game yet, obviously, so I can't make a wide judgement on everything.

But, really, I sincerely doubt the majority of people that by default go "ZOMG ENG IS TEH SUX. NIPPON SAIKOU!" actually know anything about Japanese. (Yeah, I did that on purpose.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD