Mila Patch 1.05 changes

Hurricane Rev

Sweet, thanks for that.

Just use this combo now ,
Crit hit or Counter hit , 7K , 214T or 41236T. (It has same effect as 6K but for more damage)
First of all noone was used 7k as a hit for expanding the stun effect. Everyone charge it max for the 100% sure burst. (This is still unchanged) if they nerf this than it will hurt.
Noone starts a combo with 7k too. So the only nerf on 7K was on full stack Blocking advantage frames.

You Hit The Nail on The Head! :)

Something-Unique

Just use this combo now ,
Crit hit or Counter hit , 7K , 214T or 41236T. (It has same effect as 6K but for more damage)
First of all noone was used 7k as a hit for expanding the stun effect. Everyone charge it max for the 100% sure burst. (This is still unchanged) if they nerf this than it will hurt.
Noone starts a combo with 7k too. So the only nerf on 7K was on full stack Blocking advantage frames.:)

1. 7K 214T and 41236T is not a combo. There is a huge difference between guaranteed and frame advantage.

2. Speak for urself. I used 7K as both a combo extender and more importantly as an opening ranged poking tool which is what it was meant to be.

Then again my Mila is nothing like the rest.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
1. 7K 214T and 41236T is not a combo. There is a huge difference between guaranteed and frame advantage.

2. Speak for urself. I used 7K as both a combo extender and more importantly as an opening ranged poking tool which is what it was meant to be.

I used 7K as an extender many times as well... The non charge version was an effective extender and made the charge/non-charge mixup really good, at least online, lol.

rximmortal

Okey Okey. What is the point of showing what 7K was before. Just accept it what is now. I just gave "mine" idea of how to use it after the nerf. It is up to you now :)

Hurricane Rev

Though 7K, 214T or 41236T isn't a combo, it is still really good to use. No one would be expecting the get reset when you do 7K while they are in Stun. It's great that Mila has got a reset move and it does make her pressure/mix up game better.

Also, if you used 7K as a combo extender before the patch, you can just start using 3K instead. The move has got a good range still and it can be use for poking as well.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Also, if you used 7K as a combo extender before the patch, you can just start using 3K instead. The move has got a good range still and it can be use for poking as well.
Thats what I've been trying lately, not quite as versatile but its something.

synce

Lool people are acting like Mila is a bad character. Don't get me wrong, Mila did get nerfs in the latest patch but she is Still a really good character. In fact, I understand why the Japanese community thinks she is really high up on the tier list and Mr Wah thinks she's top 5. Seriously, she's not half bad and you really have to be thinking when playing with her. She's not brain dead anymore, which she was in the beginning.

Ohh ok then. Do you know where I can view her new changes in the new patch?

OK seriously someone fill me in because I'm not seeing where this top 5 talk is coming from. I know it can't be her power or speed, and please tell me it's not the feint. I don't know about online but it's a joke offline. Better yet show me some top Mila tourney play based on recent versions

If you guys need a refresher go back and look at every patch note and see how many awesome tools Mila once had. SST, TD, 6T, 7K, 1P, 66P, 4H+K, almost everything's been nerfed.

Raze

She isn't top 5...

I also used 4K without a charge, and I played her offline a bit yesterday with VF/SF player who hadn't ever played DOA before. Needless to say Sarah who I don't play in DOA (mained her since VF4, dropped her in FS/Tier issues) was destroying them much more freely, with her absurdly over powered status in DOA.. I recommended that he use a character that is favorited by the community, if he wants to get into DOA, so he wont have to deal with endless nerfs that Mila and some other characters receive. I wont even touch Momiji after the mega nerf down. Since the game is never final and nerfs and buffs are handed down largely based upon forum crying, I advised him not to get into DOA, as the game is ever changing, and is in fact an unfinished product.

The one plus side of the above is my Mila was really well liked, negative side is she'll be nerfed again in the next patch, and in every other patch that's coming down the road. Again I wonder if there will even be a final version of 5-Ultimate? Maybe in 2 years or so?? It doesn't seem like there will ever be a finished version of this game though, as it's being balanced on salty mashers tears, which are as endless as these patches themselves.

I appreciate all the comments that note the nerfs were needless, would like to give props where they are due. She isn't such a powerful character that no other players in the U.S. or Japan can touch her, even before the Vanilla nerfs she wasn't close to that..

Will of coarse check back here when another patch is released to take a look at the new varied nerfs poor, hated, Mila receives.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Was messing around with the charged 7K, 9P, P+K, 2T combo and found that you can do 7K(chrg), 7K(chrg), 9K, 2T for a little more damage. I'm not very good with the technical stuff but charged 7K seems to force a slow backward roll now after a certain amount of stun or something. You guys know better than me, maybe some new useful stuff can come out of that new property. Then again, maybe it's old and I'm an idiot.

Jean Massue

Yeah there's also new problems with the character. I'm whiffing 7PP ( the second P ) on Lei-Fang. Didn't test on other characters though.

As for 7K i agree with Something-Unique here. Mila has absolutely no mid kicks that can be comboed on NH. Only kick besides the fully charged 7K that procures stun on NH is 1H+K who is slow as fuck. Id appreciate at least having 1 midkick who can be comboed out of NH. I do agree though that the kick being +10 makes for some interesting reset but then again if you use it in combo's you might just use 6K which is +11.

I do think that the 7K nerf is kinda cheap though. It just gives 7K a fonction thats already on the character which is a dumb thing to do IMO.

Hurricane Rev

OK seriously someone fill me in because I'm not seeing where this top 5 talk is coming from. I know it can't be her power or speed, and please tell me it's not the feint. I don't know about online but it's a joke offline. Better yet show me some top Mila tourney play based on recent versions

If you guys need a refresher go back and look at every patch note and see how many awesome tools Mila once had. SST, TD, 6T, 7K, 1P, 66P, 4H+K, almost everything's been nerfed.

I plan on putting up weekly offline match videos of my Mila and I'll show you the kind of stuffs that Mila can still do. I'm not saying I'm the best with her but she is still a valid character in my opinion. One of the most important things to rememeber when playing with her is that you have to be creative and think smartly. You can't just run in and attack straight away.

Also, I will give you my reasons why the moves, that you mentioned, got nerfed and wasn't nerfed.....

TD - Lets Face it, This was a brain dead move to use back in Vanilla. So nerfing this moves was understandable.
6T - Its not nerfed anymore. They buffed it in the new patch and I believe 6T > K > P can work on everyone again.
7K - Personally, I wouldn't say its been nerfed. The move property is different now and I prefer the change tbh.
1P - How has this move been nerfed? This move seems good to me.
4H+K - I'm not really sure how this move been nerfed. This is like one of Mila's best moves. If you're talking about the loss of the stun property for that move, then its still a really good move to use lool

I feel that Mila is one of those characters that we haven't seen her hidden portential yet. She is definitely one of those characters where you literally have to put in time and effort. Like I said before, You have to be creative with her.

EDIT: If she isn't Top 5, She's Top 10

EDIT 2: Corrected 4H+K

Last edited:

Jefffcore

1p could give you +3 depending on your stance, now it's +2 no matter what. Not a big deal; still enough for 8p to beat a jab.

I understand stopping the guaranteed cb from 7k, but not the +10 on block. If I'm doing a 35 frame attack, I want a free attack.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's +3 at tip range, though the distance negates the extra +1.

And how is the guaranteed cb from 7K stopped? It's still in the game...

Jefffcore

Nvm I got it. I haven't really played since 5, so I'm a little out of the loop. I don't understand the complaints....

Not sure what's wrong with 1p, either.................

Last edited:

synce

Oh maybe I was thinking of TD 2P, not 1P... Anyway I look forward to those offline vids. I'm not trying to insult anyone I just can't see her being top 5. Top 10 sounds about right if your timing on ground and pound is always on-point, so offline only basically lol

With all the nerfs I feel like TN only wants people to do her feints, but they're ridiculously easy to beat out since AFAIK none of the transitions give you advantage on block. And personally I'd never do them in stun since I'd rather get a launcher

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD