Mila's 1.0.3 Changes

rximmortal

I think Gamerbee never listen to what this fat nerd say.He just have his own vision of the game and as we all saw his vision is better :)

Raansu

On a side note, never forget Gamerbee vs. Justin Wong at Evo 2010... prior to then, Justin Wong convinced everyone that Adon was shit in SSF4, lo' and behold, he gets shitted on by said shitty character at the hands of Gamerbee.

If that's not inspiration for some of you to make the most of your character despite nerfs and seemingly bad statistics on paper, I dunno what is. At the end of the day, it's up to the player to be willing to put in the hard work and perseverence. Rise above doubt. Rise above hate.

Ya uh, doing well with a crappy character still doesn't change the fact that its a crappy character. If Brad Wong suddenly won a tournament, does that mean he's super high tier? No, he's still garbage.

rximmortal

Crappy or not there are players that like him. You know there are passangers for each train :)
For example Visually i like most the concept of Ayane , but her playing style is totaly different from my play style so she just dont have a chance :).

DrDogg

Mila might be garbage now (Which i don't agree with you on that) But I will still be playing with my girl and find a different way to play with her. And No, I wont be playing DOA4 with her. You are acting like SS is the only move that Mila has got. You do know that you can cancel the SS to a Punch, Kick or just cancel it completely, right? The patch made Mila into quite a sensible and a thinkable character to use. Whats wrong with that?

The patch has recently came out the other day on the PS3 and you guys already started being like babies over the patch. Play with the new patch atleast for a month before you start crying and moaning over her changes.

#ManUp

This pretty much confirms that you're not paying attention to the conversation and don't know how to play Mila at high levels.

SS~tackle being slowed down is a loss, but manageable. As I've stated many times, you can react to it ONLINE, which means it's not very effective offline against good comp unless you time it perfectly, which is difficult to do given the fact that the buffer window is small. I'm not upset about the loss of SS~tackle.

The biggest nerf Mila received was 7P to P+K. If you didn't use that as the main part of your Mila game, you weren't playing her to the best of her abilities. Couple that with the nerfs to 4K, tackle punch nerfs, ground game nerfs, AND her multiple SS nerfs (not just SS~tackle), and you have a character that is forced to play like she's in DOA4, while struggling to hang with even the mid-tier characters.

The nerfs were completely unwarranted (especially considering the other changes in 1.03) and I'm not going to reward Team Ninja for messing up my character and making her play like a DOA4 drone. This happened with Soul Calibur 5 and I continued playing despite the nerfs. They even nerfed the worst character in the game (my secondary), and I still continued playing. I'm not doing that again. I will not play this game until Mila is fixed or I get another new character who doesn't play like a DOA4 character (that Team Ninja will probably nerf anyway).

SilverKhaos

No, there's nothing wrong with me. I'm ok.......

Mila might be garbage now (Which i don't agree with you on that) But I will still be playing with my girl and find a different way to play with her. And No, I wont be playing DOA4 with her. You are acting like SS is the only move that Mila has got. You do know that you can cancel the SS to a Punch, Kick or just cancel it completely, right? The patch made Mila into quite a sensible and a thinkable character to use. Whats wrong with that?

The patch has recently came out the other day on the PS3 and you guys already started being like babies over the patch. Play with the new patch atleast for a month before you start crying and moaning over her changes.

#ManUp

Exactly. I got this game ONLY for Mila, and I will continue ONLY using mila. Her moveset is still COMPLETELY intact, people are just mad that their braindead easy combos and loops and stuff are gone, and that happens with every patch. The character is still there, the same as ever, just very slightly tweaked.

The only difference now is that people actually need to think about what they are doing when using Mila. She's supposed to be a fundamentals character, no tricks, no gimmicks, just pure fighting ability. So now she's just working as intended.

And I can pretty much guarantee you, that when the patch comes to xbox....it will not affect my playstyle all that much, because she's been tweaked to play like...I already use her lol. As intended.

People just get mad that their guaranteed faceroll stuff is gone and they actually have to fight now. Or at least until somebody finds NEW ways to be braindead with the character.

On a side note, never forget Gamerbee vs. Justin Wong at Evo 2010... prior to then, Justin Wong convinced everyone that Adon was shit in SSF4, lo' and behold, he gets shitted on by said shitty character at the hands of Gamerbee.

If that's not inspiration for some of you to make the most of your character despite nerfs and seemingly bad statistics on paper, I dunno what is. At the end of the day, it's up to the player to be willing to put in the hard work and perseverence. Rise above doubt. Rise above hate.

I'll be honest, I only play casual....But I'm actually tempted to go competitive with Mila after the patch hits Xbox, just because I get sick and tired of people saying "She sucks now!" Just because she lost an exploit or two.

I mean, for gods sake, i'm staring at the patch notes, and while I obviously haven't used it yet, looking at it, there's nothing even saying she was "nerfed", just "tweaked". Doesn't look like she's gotten any worse, just that you can't do certain loops/infinites/exploits, and actually gotta consider things when using her.

Raansu

Exactly. I got this game ONLY for Mila, and I will continue ONLY using mila. Her moveset is still COMPLETELY intact, people are just mad that their braindead easy combos and loops and stuff are gone, and that happens with every patch. The character is still there, the same as ever, just very slightly tweaked.

The only difference now is that people actually need to think about what they are doing when using Mila. She's supposed to be a fundamentals character, no tricks, no gimmicks, just pure fighting ability. So now she's just working as intended.

And I can pretty much guarantee you, that when the patch comes to xbox....it will not affect my playstyle all that much, because she's been tweaked to play like...I already use her lol. As intended.

People just get mad that their guaranteed faceroll stuff is gone and they actually have to fight now. Or at least until somebody finds NEW ways to be braindead with the character.

You don't even know how to use Mila, so your opinion is kind of worthless. I mean, come on, you follow up 6f+p with p+k lmao. And given how much you use her SS tackle, its going to affect how you play significantly (though that's not saying much since you are terrible). Good luck using that slow ass SS when the patch comes out.

Awesmic

Standard Donor

Why play braindead with the character, when you can simply play her smarter? ;)

I'll be honest, I only play casual....But I'm actually tempted to go competitive with Mila after the patch hits Xbox, just because I get sick and tired of people saying "She sucks now!" Just because she lost an exploit or two.

I mean, for gods sake, i'm staring at the patch notes, and while I obviously haven't used it yet, looking at it, there's nothing even saying she was "nerfed", just "tweaked". Doesn't look like she's gotten any worse, just that you can't do certain loops/infinites/exploits, and actually gotta consider things when using her.
Far be it for me to discourage you from wanting to play her competitively after the patch.

Just... be prepared to break some mental barriers while you're at it.

Yaguar

Just gonna put this out there:

The biggest issue with Mila now is not her personal changes (though 4K T change sucks). Her biggest flaw right now are the changes in the game system. From my experience and having taken a look at what DrDogg did (it isn't braindead people, there was a lot of choice among other things in there, it was quite amazing really) she is not the same character.

The biggest system change that has ruined her, somehow, is the loss of :7::P: as a reset.
If you're playing options, then that was a high option in stead of :6::P+K:. Sure you could now supplement that with :9::K: but the point DrDogg has made, and had ignored several times, is that she loses a little something special and now she literally has a DOA 4 choice of "which launcher do I use before they fall over".
What was there before was a illegitimate choice of play style. Loop combo or CB/Launcher.

Now everyone is getting at everyone saying "Oh I'm the worlds best Mila." Well you're not. None of you are. Right now all I keep seeing is crying children with a win streak.

To the higher level players:
Other people aren't using her wrong. They are using her how they want to and there is a 99.5% chance that yes, this is not the optimal way and no, they will not get the most damage from her but even they have lost something here, be it only SS T.

To the lower level/casual players:
You may have found a few nice little tricks, I have loads under my belt too, things that work but are not mathematically feasible. That is great! You can get into the mind of your opponent. But please stop calling a calculated approach brain dead, if anything it is getting annoying. I bet you are all willing to use a free :3::P: after :3::P::P: well guess what? That shit is brain dead.

TO EVERYONE
We're all in the same boat. Fact of the matter is some peoples style has been lost and guess what? If you want to play her you are going to have to either do it as she is now and work out something new or drop her.
The "Mila Brotherhood" (this is what I've been calling you) or the people of "OMG NERF? NA IS OK I STILL PLAY HER, MILA 4 LIEF <3<3<3xxx" shut up, we get it. We all know she got nerfed, and we all know people will continue to play her. This is not an opportunity for those who have lost more now to bitch at those still using her, it is a chance to actually see if they bring anything new to the table. Probably not but at least feign joy that she will still be used.

I don't even know what I'm rambling about now but I'm just sick of seeing the same fucking post from a bunch of people being egotistical cunts. Even if there is reason to warrant the ego, you're still being a cunt. If there isn't? Guess what. Still being a cunt.

TL;DR:
Lets talk about bee's and how they help the world instead of being cunts about it.

rximmortal

But please stop calling a calculated approach brain dead, if anything it is getting annoying. I bet you are all willing to use a free :3::P: after :3::P::P: well guess what? That shit is brain dead.
Just to be clean 3P was safe before the glitch and it is safe now. And it is balanced because you cant get Mega High damage from this. Not like Jahn lee. See jahn lee throw - sit down stun . THis is brain dead. And all glitch combos that are available now are brain dead too.( As i can see the vote in other theme 80/20 % want the game to be brain dead ).
And yes ofcourse i will use 3P after 3PP because it is safe. Better deal safe 80 dmg with pseudo force tech that lefts u with +4 frames , than to make not safe 100 dmg combo.
And other thing. Most of the players with Mila even dont use any of her loops that gives her always + frames advantage. And still call her brain dead.WTF.

Raansu

To the higher level players:
Other people aren't using her wrong. They are using her how they want to and there is a 99.5% chance that yes, this is not the optimal way and no, they will not get the most damage from her but even they have lost something here, be it only SS T.

Yes, they are. I hate to break it to you, but there is a correct way to play and an incorrect way to play. The majority here do not play her correctly.

Just to be clean 3P was safe before the glitch and it is safe now. And it is balanced because you cant get Mega High damage from this. Not like Jahn lee. See jahn lee throw - sit down stun . THis is brain dead. And all glitch combos that are available now are brain dead too.( As i can see the vote in other theme 80/20 % want the game to be brain dead ).
And yes ofcourse i will use 3P after 3PP because it is safe. Better deal safe 80 dmg with pseudo force tech that lefts u with +4 frames , than to make not safe 100 dmg combo.
And other thing. Most of the players with Mila even dont use any of her loops that gives her always + frames advantage. And still call her brain dead.WTF.

There is nothing brain dead about any set up. If you don't want to get caught in guaranteed damage then get a better neutral game. You have multiple chances to stop the setup, no other fighting game allows that much freedom. Don't let them get the setup, simple as that. If you get hit by it, that is YOUR fault. Just because YOU failed to defend against it does not make it brain dead.

TakedaZX

..the point DrDogg has made, and had ignored several times, is that she loses a little something special and now she literally has a DOA 4 choice of "which launcher do I use before they fall over"...
Oh you mean like every other character in this except someone like Helena wow can allow the stun to faze out then reset it with 2H+K over and over, CH or not?

[Tangent: Small Blurb about how I miss DOA5.02 Helena] Helena was a good character but to say she was brain dead was a bit ridiculous. The only thing that made her "brain dead" is that humans all have similar reactions when they don't understand something. Panic. Some locked up and some just continuously pressed buttons when put into the blender. The, "she's got more offensive options from it than you have defensive options", was also a bit ridiculous.

I could talk all day about how you defend against it thanks to CrimsonSeer. There was no reason to nerf that. Now I'm going to miss it when all of her hand slap juggles faze out for the higher damaging juggles because 33p4p was a lot prettier than anything else she had in her arsenal.[End Rant]

Now see here, I understand the reset loop deal just fine. Yea it's a bummer that she had that taken away cause she was one of the characters that could take great advantage of it, I even tried to model something like this with Hitomi but she just didn't have viable setups for it and the reset that she had (8p) pushed the opponent [way] too far away. It basically forced you to 66k just to even get post reset and even then 8p doesn't stun on NH. It's slight advantage, like starting the stun game and then mixing up with a 2p for +9... pointless

They took it away from JL as well and ya know... I see a trend... yea I'd love to have resets like that to lengthen my combos with any character really and that's fine if at least 1 of those two hits (preferably the first) was a reset situation, but it doesn't seem that TN wants previously strong characters to have that taken out of their arsenal. In turn her damage was buffed.

I never said Mila was high tier or any tier at that... I gave no speculation to where I would place her on the spectrum either because I simply have no real spectrum for this new patch.

...Unlike some people I [hope] for all characters to be viable in this game(s) with something that sets them apart from the others but also some key things and opportunities that other characters have as well. Doesn't need to bland just basic structure and then that cherry on top... but I don't think a [character exclusive] reset loop is one those things but I hope she does get it back as well as the 4KT buff.

And this is directed at Mr.Dogg: So I'm to assume that you're not going to touch Mila, period, anymore? Tournament play or not?

Yaguar

Yes, they are. I hate to break it to you, but there is a correct way to play and an incorrect way to play. The majority here do not play her correctly.

I hate to break it to you, but this is that cunt thing I was referring to.
Paraphrasing my comment doesn't help this case.

Can I offer a lovely suggestion? That was rhetorical.
Instead of "that's wrong, no good, GTFO LOLOLOLOL SCRUB" can we try...

"I see what you did there but how about this? [Insert clever way to play]. If you use this you'll get +X damage and +X frames after the pseudo-wake up."

I'm not saying give away every detail of your game but you can't complain that people use her wrong (this isn't directed at you personally Raansu, it is a sweeping gesture) and then not explain why.

To the others who will go "Oh that is brain dead" your mentality is wrong. If it works, it works. Why it works is important but every action you make registers on your opponent. If they see :3::P::P: 10 times in a row with nothing else, they'll register that and counter mid punch. So now what? :3::P::P: until you lose? Or wake up and use :3::P: :3::K:? Not so brain dead when your opponent isn't a zombie.
NOTE I AM USING THE ABOVE EXAMPLE BECAUSE IT IS COMMON TO EVERYONE

A "brain dead" combo even like Jann Lee's sit down kick, you can see that coming, you can counter it! Failure to do so is your mistake not that combo or move being brain dead. Any mentality that states "I wont use this, it is overpowered" is not the right mentality to try involve yourself with a competitive player, people who skulk these forums. I'm not pro, I was a long time ago but not now. I wasn't great by any means but I do have a lot more understanding for both parties having been there and now sitting here playing casually.

If people don't listen? Did you provide an example of a better solution? No. You told them they were wrong, didn't provide evidence and expected them to believe you. Why wont they? Because people are stupid, stubborn and in general everyone is an arse.

You don't want to use a loop because it is "brain dead"? Think about what you're saying... You could win, win well and look top tier doing it. The loops have strict timing and obvious follow ups. To use them you have to have back up plans and you have to get into your opponents head and make them fear you.

TL;DR
All in all I'm bored of people fighting when their only argument is that of a 6 year old ("nuh uh you're wrong!").
If someone wants to act like a 6 year old, lets ignore them, shun them from the grown ups table and make them sit with the toddlers who are throwing their spaghetti at each other. It might just teach them a lesson in growing up.

P.S. I'm aware I am being harsh and very cuntish myself. I just want to see people make valid points like they did on release. Helpful information was passed along and the community grew for a little.

Raansu

Oh please, I have on multiple occasions corrected and explained to Mila players online that they are playing the character incorrectly, most of which choose to ignore it, or you have players like Degalon who refuse to play the character properly because they believe anything guaranteed is cheap. First time I played Degalon he would never go for guaranteed ground throws, he would never follow up a guaranteed hit after a sit down, he would never juggle, he just did the same unsafe setups over and over. I messaged him and told him everything he could do with her, and guess what, months later he is doing the exact same crap, playing her completely unsafe and never following up on guaranteed damage.

As far as this thread goes and on other Mila threads, DrDogg has, on multiple occasions, explained exactly what people are doing wrong and why she is no longer viable. Me reiterating those facts is pointless considering all the scrubs in this thread don't know how to read and just choose to ignore whats being said.

Simple fact, the majority of you play her incorrectly and I really don't care if you think I'm an ass because of it. I don't dance around subjects just because I think someones feelings might be hurt. I tell it how it is and you either take it or ignore it.

DrDogg

And this is directed at Mr.Dogg: So I'm to assume that you're not going to touch Mila, period, anymore? Tournament play or not?

I haven't even touched the game since SoCal Regionals, and have no plans to.

I put up with the nerfs from the E3 build to the Hot Import Nights build. I put up with the nerfs from the Hot Import Nights build to the GVN build. I put up with the nerfs from the GVN build to the day one patch build. I will not put up with these ridiculous changes any longer.

Also, every character who had a reset of some sort still has it except for Bass on an aerial opponent (but he still has it on a non-airborne opponent).

The Japanese players that Team Ninja continues to listen to want a game where nothing is guaranteed. From DOA4 until now, EVERYONE who plays the game outside of Japan (at a competitive level), goes for the small bits of guaranteed damage that slips through the testing phase. Then Team Ninja patches it out and kills what little competitive scene is left.

Oddly enough, Mochi-A used all of Sarah's guaranteed stuff when he won the DOA5 tournament in Japan. Team Ninja just needs to fire their testers and bring in people who understand how fighting games are supposed to be played (preferably no one from Namco's Project Soul).

That said... remove all of the nerfs from the patch, keep the SE glitch... and you've got a solid game.

Hurricane Rev

Because we are totally going to listen to a guy that has repeatedly shown he doesn't know how to play DoA nor understands it's mechanics, right?

Sorry Rev, but you have no idea what you're talking about (not like you ever did). Mila was butchered, simple as that.
Anything that was good about her was completely removed and she is literally forced to play DoA4 now.

Sorry, who are you? Have you won a tournament before? If you haven't, then Shut Up.

This pretty much confirms that you're not paying attention to the conversation and don't know how to play Mila at high levels.

I'm sorry but that is one of the dumbest statement that I have ever heard. So I don't play Mila at a high level because I wasn't paying attention to your conversation?? Lool ok then but to be honest, I can't be bothered to have this argument because it won't get us no where. All I'm saying is that we should give the new Mila a chance before we complain and find out if she is really that bad. Yeah sure, she's worse now but it isn't just only her that has been nerf. The game system and some other characters that has been changed as well.

Once the new patch is out, I'm going to be in the lab and pretty much relearn her.

Raansu

Sorry, who are you? Have you won a tournament before? If you haven't, then Shut Up.

Placed top 3 at D.i.D7 and won two CEO's. Sorry, who are you? Oh that's right, some random European player who has been pretending to know how to play DoA since back when DoAC was still around.

DrDogg

So I don't play Mila at a high level because I wasn't paying attention to your conversation??

No. Because you think the loss of SS~tackle is the big issue. That statement tells me you aren't a high level Mila player.

Also, it doesn't matter if she's good now or not. She plays like a DOA4 character. They removed everything that allowed her to use the new DOA5 mechanics. I will not play the guessing game over and over again, sorry. Have fun with your DOA4.5 Mila.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD