Mila's 1.0.3 Changes

Something-Unique

Can't say I do as I never use 3KK late in stun as SE blows it up plus it pushes out to far so you can't get anything. I might use it after 2T but that's it so I have no idea what you are referring to.

TakedaZX

Can't say I do as I never use 3KK late in stun as SE blows it up plus it pushes out to far so you can't get anything. I might use it after 2T but that's it so I have no idea what you are referring to.
Open stance: same foot is forward (Player 1's left foot is forward and Player 2's left foot is forward or vice versa)
Closed stance: Opposite foot is forward (Both players have left foot forward or both players have right foot forward)

TakedaZX

Oh my fault. I was just wondering if everyone knew that it whiffing was a lot about the stance deal. I tested it a few times and I mean I haven't used her in a about a week and I didn't write it down but there's a point where the 3K will whiff randomly. Of course if they hold, after 4H+K it takes away that problem but I guess better players will SE.

But since you don't really use the move anyway I'll let this be. If you want the solid information just let me know and I'll go retest it again and post it here after I shower.

Something-Unique

I see. Despite that its not worth it as 3KK late in stun guarantees nothing with SE and u don't even have to full SE. If ur gonna use 3KK to stun it should be ur starter into something else.

synce

Nice job summing up all the nerfs, I haven't had a chance to spend too much time with the new Mila yet. But man 1.03 SST catches NOTHING. TN found a way to remove a move without actually removing it :rolleyes: But as bad as all these nerfs are at least she's not suddenly trash tier like a certain mint flavored blob.

Chaos

If TN did some unnecessary nerf like this again people will drop this game for good and move on to another FG.

synce

I hear thee. The only reason I'm still around is because one of my characters managed to survive the nerf wave. Mila, Alpha, etc. are just there to dick around with now.

Agent Stepstool

I gotta admit, seeing Dr Dogg quitting on the game doesn't exactly leave a good feeling in my stomach. Hearing about big name players quitting/abandoning their mains really makes me worried about the future of this game, and the community. It feels like the change of DOA returning EVO and the likes are much slimmer. That is unless all the Rigs and Hayates and Akiras start coming out in full force.

Man, Mila was such a cool character. I instantly gravitated towards her fighting style when the game released, and I was hoping that I could take this game more seriously. But this patch has some unnecessary changes, and it's completely polarized the community. I'm not sure if I want to migrate to a different character just yet. Anyone know when DOA6 comes out?

Something-Unique

At the time of this posting haven't thoroughly tested everything 1.04 Mila yet but I can confirm Mila has her P+K into mount combos back as well as 3H+K, P+K, 3H+K is back. That's the most important thing she needed back imho and she still keeps the damage buffs. damage relocation nerf is still the same but her options are open again.

DrDogg

At the time of this posting haven't thoroughly tested everything 1.04 Mila yet but I can confirm Mila has her P+K into mount combos back as well as 3H+K, P+K, 3H+K is back. That's the most important thing she needed back imho and she still keeps the damage buffs. damage relocation nerf is still the same but her options are open again.

She still plays like a DOA4 character. See you in the next iteration of the game.

rximmortal

So to sumarize Many characters still has Guaranteed CB after Sit down stun ( Mila dosnt).
P+K is same as before 1.03
7P is useless as in 1.03

SilverKhaos

So to sumarize Many characters still has Guaranteed CB after Sit down stun ( Mila dosnt).
7P is useless as in 1.03

As I'm kinda of lost with the numbers lingo, could you clarify, what those two moves are? As in, whats the action?

synce

7P is useless as in 1.03

Charged 7K guarantees CB. If you want a quicker sit down you'll have to pick up Kokoro but hers requires a little extra dexterity to pull off since it knocks so far back.

Anyway I'm not too upset over Mila's lack of guaranteed damage since I never used her that way. Takedown promotes guessing and mindgames

rximmortal

So my strategy in this patch will be this:
Each combo finishing with 3H+K or takedown throw loops until i take off 50-60% of the damage and finish with a combo with 2T , P,P,P

SilverKhaos

Charged 7K guarantees CB. If you want a quicker sit down you'll have to pick up Kokoro but hers requires a little extra dexterity to pull off since it knocks so far back.

Anyway I'm not too upset over Mila's lack of guaranteed damage since I never used her that way. Takedown promotes guessing and mindgames

That's pretty much how I feel, as well. I've never relied on guaranteed damage, so it doesn't hurt me all that much.

AngryWorm

I don't even need 3H+K to beat most people; as I said, I did it because I was playing Hitomi and Ayane and I KNEW EVERYTHING they were going to do. Neither of them adjusted to anything, they kept doing the same set ups over and over. It wasn't even challenging

To be fair (and not to take anything away from you), I left that day knowing I played very poorly. You were on point, I was on auto-pilot. DrDogg, I'd like to think that my time playing DOA isn't going to be judged on two sets. Given some recent changes in my life I unable to travel very far, but if you want to set up some casuals online, I'd like the opportunity to earn some of that respect.

Jeff, Not going to touch the whole 'me not being a challenge' for you part since I know (and I think you do to) that simply is not true. Between our tournaments, casuals, online matches, etc we both have our fair share of wins and losses. I don't want to throw out excuses for my performance in that video, but if you honestly think I am no challenge then my offer for a money match still stands. :)

Oh - and regarding the Mila nerfs either. The only change I really would have liked to have seen is her cartwheel high crush glitch removed (or more preferably, Hitomi's 3fk having similar properties)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD