Momiji General Discussion

TRI Mike

Holy shit. I just love Aikido characters (I main Aoi and Asuka is the only Tekken char I like). I'm now 100% interested in Momiji too.

I'll never have a main in this fucking game. The cast is just incredible.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Photoshooooop :momiji:
581329_618497701496256_721236719_n.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'll give Momiji a go when I eventually get 5U (I'm on the fence now but with Ein and new intros/costumes/stages/gameplay etc I KNOW I'm gonna get it at some point) I mean I LOVE Jun/Asuka in Tekken and I LOVE Hayabusa so Momiji will be a good mix of the two. Also if Momiji is gonna be a grappler Ninja then they better return Hayabusa back to his striker status he really doesn't work well as a grappler and I'm less fond of DoA5 Busa for this fact. so I'm hoping Momiji will be a blessing for both fans ;D and Izunas... Izunas errywhur O:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hmm, glad to see that some Aikido has finally found its way into DOA, though I'm really intrigued in seeing how TN will combine that with Ninjutsu. Momiji seems like a really sweet girl, it's gunna feel weird using her to break some poor soul's limbs. Actually scratch that, I've dismembered more than enough Black Spider Ninjas and LOA mercenaries to see that she's a badass.

I'm also intrigued in seeing how her Double Jump will be incorporated into her gameplay especially considering that no one else has a "jumping" stance in the game (unless you count ALPHA-152's F.L.O.A.T. as a stance).

Also on a sidenote:

YES! Ayane's Infiltrator outfit will be in the game!

Now it's pretty safe to assume that Momiji's Hot Police outfit will also be in DOA5U *drools*

08-ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-22.jpg

Attachments

• Ayane & Momiji.jpg
    Ayane & Momiji.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 305

UpSideDownGRUNT

That is pretty funny they're making her a beginner character but the character she's alter cloning who's much harder to use is available from the get go in the F2P ver.?

I still hope she has more Izuna variants and unique attacks though they can't ALL be altered iterations of Hayabusa's moveset

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Beginner friendly doesn't necessarily mean ineffective though. Perhaps, just not execution heavy like Akira or something like that. It seems like there are quite a few beginner friendly characters in this game. Not sure I care about whether or not Momiji get's that designation as long as she's fun to play and I feel like I can be competitive with her.

UpSideDownGRUNT

well I have no qualms with beginner characters, Ein is a beginner character and it's very possible to be user friendly and top tier at once.

Kronin

Like said by boobiebombs, beginners means "not execution heavy" (like Akira or Christie), but in no way ineffective. Kasumi is since DoA1 one of the chracters more easy to use, and again is always been a top tier in the series.

However, according to Neogaf, the article of Famicon reported that Momiji, Ein and Jacky were all classified like beginners characters (personally I doubt about Jacky, maybe just in comparison with Akira, Sarah and Pai).

Brute

Standard Donor
Like said by boobiebombs, beginners means "not execution heavy" (like Akira or Christie), but in no way ineffective. Kasumi is since DoA1 one of the chracters more easy to use, and again is always been a top tier in the series.

However, according to Neogaf, the article of Famicon reported that Momiji, Ein and Jacky were all classified like beginners characters (personally I doubt about Jacky, maybe just in comparison with Akira, Sarah and Pai).
Jacky's BS backsteps from 50% of his strings will make him almost completely un-throw punishable. Some inputs are difficult with the VFs, but overall are not necessary. Noobs can still use Sarah and Pai to annoying effect, and I'm sure Jacky will be no different.

On another note: no word about how easy/hard Leon is. Here's hoping he's a challenging one, heheheh (elitism).

Kronin

Jacky's BS backsteps from 50% of his strings will make him almost completely un-throw punishable.

Never thought about it, you are right: anyway seems to me interesting more than a bad thing, I'm curios to see how strategies will be needed against Jacky.

Saber

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/03034229.html

Because Momiji is so popular they're designing her to be a noob-friendly character. But she's not as fast as the other ninjas, her focus is on double jump and holds. They're still balancing her
I wouldn't mind if her focus was on her double-jumps, but get hit out of that stance and it's on Hi-Counter... And we really don't need another character whose focus is on expert holds.

And not as fast as the other ninjas? If she has a 10-frame jab, a 12/13 frame mid and a 13/14 frame low-punch, that's already on par with the other ninjas save for Kasumi.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I wouldn't mind if her focus was on her double-jumps, but get hit out of that stance and it's on Hi-Counter... And we really don't need another character whose focus is on expert holds.

And not as fast as the other ninjas? If she has a 10-frame jab, a 12/13 frame mid and a 13/14 frame low-punch, that's already on par with the other ninjas save for Kasumi.

My guess is they may be speed buffing Hayate and Hayabusa cuz lets be honest they were a bit terrible in DoA5

so Momiji might become the grappler character and Busa & Hayate take on their old forms atleast That's what I'd wish :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD