Momiji Video Thread

phoenix1985gr

really? the throw doesnt track, and the cb is a high? what stops the defendant from just low holding to beat out the 2 most dangerous tools she has from dj?

Brute

Standard Donor
really? the throw doesnt track, and the cb is a high? what stops the defendant from just low holding to beat out the 2 most dangerous tools she has from dj?
That's really no different than a normal scenario. She has mid attacks from the double-jump, but her best options require the opponent to be in standing position, just like most characters are in any stance.

I would be more worried about side-stepping. None of her aerial moves seem to track, and if the throw doesn't either, that could be a weakness.

phoenix1985gr

That's really no different than a normal scenario. She has mid attacks from the double-jump, but her best options require the opponent to be in standing position, just like most characters are in any stance.

I would be more worried about side-stepping. None of her aerial moves seem to track, and if the throw doesn't either, that could be a weakness.

If i understand you correctly im assuming that most character with stances get their best options on standing opponents?

Anyway im only talking about the mix up in Double jump not single since she has more options from that, but there are moves where she goes directly in double jump stance right? (on max threshold no less) The option she has from that are a launching throw, a high CB and i mid punch that knocks down or am i missing something? a low hold will beat both the throw and the cb with is her only way to get additional damage

Saber

A few matches. Momiji is so fun to use, and her Double Jump is surprisingly evasive.

Yaguar

So I've been playing her for 2 evenings now and I have a couple of little matches from playing with a friend last night.
I know there are a couple of area's where I'm definitely rough and others where there are mistakes so if one of those is pointed out I won't take offence (if you're nice about it, I'm a delicate butterfly D:)

Any feedback on improvements or things I've clearly missed would be greatly appreciated!
If it all seems pretty clean (woooo!) then I hope you enjoy them a little.

Yaguar

Critque mah Momiji

Costume 2 + 3 are superior.

On a serious note though you want to look at maximising your damage. You need to know your post launch options vs. weights. So against Rachel you did a :P::P::K::K::P: and the last hit whiffed so moved to :P: string.
:6::P::K::K::P: would give you more damage and you can swap to :6::P::K::K::K: for walls. You also look flashy as fuck as you go flying into the air and bash people with a flaming fist.

:6::6::P::P: (all but heavy) gives a free :8::P: refloat into :6::P::K::K::P:.

Other notes would be that you don't need to play so much into the stun game. You can do things like...
:6::P: :8::K: :6::P::K::K::P: for some pretty notable damage. That is a single stun launch that as best I recall turns into about 70 damage.

Watch for safety! :6::P::P: is -11 and she has a lot that go way too deep into -frames to let them be blocked.
:3::P::P: is -3 on block and can be used as a frame trap (because -3 means frame trap in DOA5U) against some people. It'll give :P: as a 13 frame jab or you have the option to go with :2::H+K: to try crush mids.
You can only really use it as a now and then so be warned but at the very least you're safe.

This would be my starting point. Damage maximisation and looking at stun -> launch options.

Yaguar

:6::P::K::K::P: would give you more damage and you can swap to :6::P::K::K::K: for walls.
Watch for safety! :6::P::P: is -11 and she has a lot that go way too deep into -frames to let them be blocked.
Damage maximisation

The above would be what I'd refer to again.
You did a good job of throwing against holds though.
Also you can :6::P: :8::K: for stun -> launch. If you go deeper into :6::P::P: there are other options with higher yield (:6::H+K: being my favourite).

On the safety note, frame data: Momiji Frame Data

It is tough to get used to hit confirming the stun into launch (especially if you're used to just throwing out a bit more) but it will heavily benefit you in the long run with her. A controlled stun game is far superior to a throw away chunk of strikes.

The easy bit would be to work on post-launch damage. Since you get what is effectively very little, you want as much free damage as you can get! 76 > 71 and may mean you need to win neutral 1 less time that round and 3 times less in an entire match! That is a metric shit load.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Are there any specific players that I can look for momij youtube for? I'm looking for other ideas. My simple gameplan is land a 2H+K somehow and mix up behind the small stun.

Jaguar360

Are there any specific players that I can look for momij youtube for? I'm looking for other ideas. My simple gameplan is land a 2H+K somehow and mix up behind the small stun.
XcaliburBladez and KillerSwagg(doa5fan on YT) have pretty good Momijis from what I've seen. There are probably more out there that I've seen, but I can't think of any others.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD