Mortal Kombat thread.

CFW

There are HELLA leaks on TYM right now.

Shinnok is the unlockable character
There is a screen shot of D'vorah kissing Mileena with flies all over her mouth.
The woman from the story trailer talkin about the amulet is Li Mei
NPCs you fight against in story:
CBv8EURUgAExo7l.png:large

Tanya is an NPC in story you fight more than once, but with no variations yet:
9JaHy5Q.png

Sareena:
5zuoHMS.png

Jacqui's full fatality from the trailer and a new one for F/T. It's funny lmao.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I honestly should stop visiting gamefaqs right now. so far everyone is putting things in spoilers but I know it's only a matter of time before someone just decides to be a dick.

Argentus

There are HELLA leaks on TYM right now.

Shinnok is the unlockable character, thought there are some people claiming that you have to beat story on the highest difficulty to unlock Reiko.
Jax, Kenshi, D'vorah, Mileena, Rain, F/T, Quan Chi, and Johnny die.
There is a screen shot of D'vorah kissing Mileena with flies all over her mouth.
NPCs you fight against in story:
CBv8EURUgAExo7l.png:large

Tanya is apparently an NPC in story you fight, but with no variations:
9JaHy5Q.png

Sareena:
5zuoHMS.png

Jacqui's full fatality from the trailer and a new one for F/T. It's funny lmao.
This is a good sign for future dlc.

Though I gotta say I'm still disappointed that this game didn't really continue from mk9, so wed see revamps of the 4 and 3d cast

Gurimmjaw

I believe he was talking about gamefaq and not TYM. No way is gamefaq a competitive website lol.

Oh and that goro trailer is awesome.

Argentus

No need to make the same mistakes if you go back in time
And yet Kenshi.

Who was one of the single lamest characters of the 3d era.

But I was looking forward to Nitara, Mavado, that mileena knockoff girl who turned evil, Kabals two henchmen being revamped, etc.

And doubly dissapointed that Raiden, I mean Smoke, and Sheeva aren't returning.

Instead we get crap like Aztec shao khan, and Redbelly.

I seriously don't like any of the new characters, with the mild exception of the Clint Eastwood copy. All of the others could have just as easily been revamped older characters like they did for mk9. Cassie is the only exception I'll make, just because its a time skip and Sonia and Johnny were the only survivors of mk9.

Gurimmjaw

lol Kenish was one of the best characters from the 3D era along with Havik. A lot of people liked his design and found it interesting which is why he a very popular MK character. No one really cared about characters like Nitara, Mavado, Drahmin, or Hsu Hao and that Ken Masters rip off Kobra lol. Also Sheeva was pretty much just a female version of Goro anyways. Im actually glad a lot of the 3D era MK characters aren't returning. Mokap was probably the worse MK characters ever created.

I myself don't really care for the new cast except for Kotal Kahn, and Takeda. Maybe also Kung Jin but that really it.

Argentus

lol Kenish was one of the best characters from the 3D era along with Havik. A lot of people liked his design and found it interesting which is why he a very popular MK character. No one really cared about characters like Nitara, Mavado, Drahmin, or Hsu Hao and that Ken Masters rip off Kobra lol. Also Sheeva was pretty much just a female version of Goro anyways. Im actually glad a lot of the 3D era MK characters aren't returning. Mokap was probably the worse MK characters ever created.

I myself don't really care for the new cast except for Kotal Kahn, and Takeda. Maybe also Kung Jin but that really it.
Except mk9 proved it didn't matter what a character was like BEFORE. Kenshi was just a lame Ermac copy, but he was turned into a cool Jedi master.

Stryker was one of the most loathed in mk3, but turned into a hardcore badass in mk9.

Even Mokap actually has the potential to fucking awesome if they revamp him to use SFX in his attacks, letting him go all Viewtiful Joe on people.

That's my point. Mkx is a disappointment because they were leading up to the mk3-armageddon part of the timeline which would have been awesome revamps of the old roster, even lame ones, but instead we get a bunch of nobodies who sit in the roles the old cast could have been in.

CFW

http://www.twitch.tv/amazongames

That's my point. Mkx is a disappointment because they were leading up to the mk3-armageddon part of the timeline which would have been awesome revamps of the old roster, even lame ones, but instead we get a bunch of nobodies who sit in the roles the old cast could have been in.

No it wasn't. We knew what we were getting from the beginning. That's something you expected.

Gurimmjaw

Except mk9 proved it didn't matter what a character was like BEFORE. Kenshi was just a lame Ermac copy, but he was turned into a cool Jedi master.

Stryker was one of the most loathed in mk3, but turned into a hardcore badass in mk9.

Even Mokap actually has the potential to fucking awesome if they revamp him to use SFX in his attacks, letting him go all Viewtiful Joe on people.

Yes they can be revamped that is true and Kenshi was a lot similar to Ermac but his design was not.

No matter if they revamp an old character and make them better makes little difference. No one really wanted a lot of the 3D MK characters to comeback even NRS realizes the mistakes they did with them characters, so why revamp characters when you can create brand new characters? Way better choice. Also a lot of the characters from 3D MK's were pretty much nobodies as well lol. No one is going to care if they release someone like Mavado. The new characters are already pretty much better than 3D MK characters like Mavado, Nitara, and Drahmin.If any other MK characters from past MK games would make it in would be the ones from MK3/UMK3 like Kabal, Nightwolf, and Rain.

CFW

Regarding Tanya in the story:

She's basically a jobber working with Mileena and Rain.
She has her tonfas.
She's not finished obviously, the NPC version of her - idle animation is the same as Kitana's and she seems to have filler moves.
Voiced by Jennifer Hale

vs D'vorah's chapter in story

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD