My List of Characters That Are Likely/Unlikely to Return For DOA6

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'd say EVERYONE from DOA5 vanilla + Marie and Nyotengu. I'd be happy if they left out Momiji, Rachel and etc etc.
Honoka can be an unlockable or DLC, but I think it'll be cool to have her in.

I'd love if they went back with the unlockable route like DOA4 for classic characters like Tina or Bass. Having Helena as an unlockable in that game reiterated her classic character status.

Well I'm super glad you don't work for Team NINJA! You want Rachel and Momiji out, but would be happy with Honoka and Marie... not even Jesus could save you.

Barrogh

Why? I see no good reason to have characters be locked out without completing some task. It also becomes a nightmare for tournament organizers.
Not that it stopped people from doing that kind of thing before. But yeah, I would prefer that not to happen.
(Also costume grinding in DoA5 was annoying)

You want Rachel and Momiji out, but would be happy with Honoka and Marie... not even Jesus could save you.
Personally, I think there are a thing or two that are cool about Marie (mostly hold animations), but damn she's annoying otherwise, and so is Honoka.
Bonus point for lacking decent outfits :(

Would definitely take the former two, but I think it's unlikely for them to appear.

ShinobiOfTheWind

I would say you are reaching by saying Irene has a shot. I’m 99.9% sure that they have forgotten and/or don’t care about Irene... not to crush your dreams. I wouldn’t say lower it 0%, but maybe make it like 1%... I would say Phase-4 and Naotora are far more likely than Irene because they could just recycle assets and these two characters are far more popular than Irene.

I would also say with the popularity of Nytengu and how much work they put into her, she is a solid 100%. I mean she beat out DOA alums, like Tina and Leifang, to be apart of the DOAX3 cast. She was top 5 even... they can’t ignore that. All of the ladies who were voted into DOAX3 are a sure 100% thing for the cast of DOA6.

I don't really dream of Irene anyway ; my wishes are not part of what i proposed, but i still think Irene could be in that game =)
But you're right for the other things : Nyotengu will be in. I just didn't give her a 100 % because i don't know what her story could be.

Leifasumi

I don't know why I am not as optimistic as most of you guys, like I am not even sure if all the girls will make it such as Tina, Lisa and Christie

Hopefully I am wrong.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
My list:
Definitely:
Ayane
Hitomi
Leifang
Kokoro
Bass
Eliot
Bayman
Honoka
Marie
Raidou
Phase 4
Nyotengu
Brad Wong
Rig
Momiji
Rachel
Christie

Doubtful:
Lisa
Ein
Leon
Gen fu

Definitely not:
Alpha-152
Mai
Akira
Pai
Sarah
Jacky
Naotora

P2p1mbs

I don't know why I am not as optimistic as most of you guys, like I am not even sure if all the girls will make it such as Tina, Lisa and Christie

Hopefully I am wrong.

You're absolutely WRONG :rolleyes:. Why would they possibly cut those characters? Even if Lisa didn't return to the story (which is also unlikely), all of the non-boss and non-guest characters have come back.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Definitely coming back(in base version):
Ayane, Hitomi, Leifang, Bass, Tina, Kokoro, Eliot, Rig, Christie, Bayman, Marie, Honoka(these girls are literally the face of DOA in Japan)

Very likely (base unlockables or DLC):
Momiji, Phase 4, Rachel, Nyotengu, CybeRaidou, Mila.

Unlikely (Ultimate+ version/Dead/MIA)
Gen Fu, Lisa/LA Mariposa, Leon, Ein, Alpha-152, Bankotsubo, Genra.

Definitely not returning(guests)
VFs, Mai, Naotora.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Starting roster:

1) Kasumi
2) Ayane
3) Hayabusa
4) Hayate
5 Helena
6) Jann Lee
7) Zack
8) Bayman
9) Leifang
10) Hitomi
11) Eliot
12) Brad
13) Bass
14) Tina
15) Lisa
16) Mila
17) Rig
18) Kokoro
19) Christie
20) Genfu
21) Phase 4
22) Marie Rose
23) new male character
24) new female character

Early DLC characters:
1) Honoka
2) Nyotengu
3) Momiji
4) Ein
5) Leon

Alpha, Raidou, Rachel, Naotora and the Virtua Fighters are gone for good.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Starting roster:

1) Kasumi
2) Ayane
3) Hayabusa
4) Hayate
5 Helena
6) Jann Lee
7) Zack
8) Bayman
9) Leifang
10) Hitomi
11) Eliot
12) Brad
13) Bass
14) Tina
15) Lisa
16) Mila
17) Rig
18) Kokoro
19) Christie
20) Genfu
21) Phase 4
22) Marie Rose
23) new male character
24) new female character

Early DLC characters:
1) Honoka
2) Nyotengu
3) Momiji
4) Ein
5) Leon

Alpha, Raidou, Rachel, Naotora and the Virtua Fighters are gone for good.
Source?
It would be quite strange to remove Raidou when he’s revived and someone that would easily fit in the story. If your list is actually true i’ll only have Kasumi left as main character. I guess i’ll have to wait how the new male character looks like and fights like.

P2p1mbs

The only non-guest character I am unsure will be returning will be Phase 4. Being a Kasumi clone, nothing is stopping them from just making her a "costume" for Kasumi where selecting a specific costume/s will change the display name from Kasumi to Phase 4, kind of like how some of Bass' costumes will name him Mr. Strong.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The only non-guest character I am unsure will be returning will be Phase 4. Being a Kasumi clone, nothing is stopping them from just making her a "costume" for Kasumi where selecting a specific costume/s will change the display name from Kasumi to Phase 4, kind of like how some of Bass' costumes will name him Mr. Strong.
I have to disagree, Phase 4 was set for mass production after the ninja’s destroyed alpha. Fast forward to 4:20 I doubt she’ll be unplayable or cut from the roster.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
My bad, sorry XD
Care to elaborate why Raidou and Rachel wouldn’t be in 6 according to you?

I would also wonder why he would be gone as it seems he's still important to the story despite death -- he has been resurrected and was mentioned plenty of times in the official story summaries from Team NINJA.

Rachel would be an easy cut because she just wanted a break from killing fiends, but it would be such a damn shame. She is the sexiest character in the game by far and appeals to the fanbase that enjoys the strong-willed woman that dominates men and woman with bottom of her boot and the pressure of her immense strength. She proved herself worthy to the offline scene; especially to a follow up that cares most about being an esport title.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I would also wonder why he would be gone as it seems he's still important to the story despite death -- he has been resurrected and was mentioned plenty of times in the official story summaries from Team NINJA.

Rachel would be an easy cut because she just wanted a break from killing fiends, but it would be such a damn shame. She is the sexiest character in the game by far and appeals to the fanbase that enjoys the strong-willed woman that dominates men and woman with bottom of her boot and the pressure of her immense strength. She proved herself worthy to the offline scene; especially to a follow up that cares most about being an esport title.
I doubt they’ll cut Rachel tbh. She actually could have a story in DOA unlike Ein who already had one.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ein didn't even have a story though lol, it was just he thought a bunch of people until Hayabusa literally knocked his memory back into him and then he became Sasuke.

There was the Epsilon thing but it goes nowhere only to be mentioned here and there.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Ein didn't even have a story though lol, it was just he thought a bunch of people until Hayabusa literally knocked his memory back into him and then he became Sasuke.

There was the Epsilon thing but it goes nowhere only to be mentioned here and there.
He had a story, Hayate just gained his memories back through fighting Hayabusa and Kasumi. Rachel on the other hand has never appeared in the story or got mentioned, since she’s in the DOA roster and is very close with Ryu and Momiji i’ll hope she’ll get some story relevance.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Not much of a story though, Raidou has more of a story than Ein. Even as Hayate he barely has story relevance, ironic since he's one of the core protagonists apparently.

Ein could come back as a flashback or from MIST reigniting Project Epsilon but I highly doubt it.

Rachel was a big part of Ninja Gaiden but with how unpopular she is and not needed at all she'll probably just be DLC/Update character like Ein will be.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Not much of a story though, Raidou has more of a story than Ein. Even as Hayate he barely has story relevance, ironic since he's one of the core protagonists apparently.

Ein could come back as a flashback or from MIST reigniting Project Epsilon but I highly doubt it.

Rachel was a big part of Ninja Gaiden but with how unpopular she is and not needed at all she'll probably just be DLC/Update character like Ein will be.
Raidou was the end boss and made Ayane’s and Ein’s existence happen. Don’t compare the end boss with an alter ego of one of the protagonists. Hayate doesn’t really have much of a story since he has been a character since DOA3 before that it has always been Ein. Besides gameplay, Ein isn’t relevant. I don’t get why he was requested so many times, same with Leon. Both are irrelevant to the game for at least 2 instalments.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD