• Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I only miss Zack's old face because I detest DOA5 Zack's eyebrows and ugly smile. It's good that the smile goes away when he's fighting, but still... Zack in previous games never cracked more than a crude grin not this joker like smile he has. It's the only problem I have with design is this game.
292aae2ca1.jpg

Everyone else but Hayabusa and Zack deserved that re-do imo. Every female shared the same blank, emotionless face which I find quite tedious.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
But, eyebrows on Zack is weird strangely enough. I find it strange that I'd ever say that about a character or even a human being lmao.

Argentus

I know Lei was your main and you feel close to her old look, but her current face is way more realistic for a young Chinese girl and she still look adorable. You're probably refering to her eyelids, but that's how you distinguish Chinese from Japanese people. Korean even have a different type of eyes.

I don't miss any old face from the DOA2-DOA4 era.
Id say all the men looked way better in last games. They're more detailed in 5 but ev
I only miss Zack's old face because I detest DOA5 Zack's eyebrows and ugly smile. It's good that the smile goes away when he's fighting, but still... Zack in previous games never cracked more than a crude grin not this joker like smile he has. It's the only problem I have with design is this game.
292aae2ca1.jpg

Everyone else but Hayabusa and Zack deserved that re-do imo. Every female shared the same blank, emotionless face which I find quite tedious.
Agreed on Zack most of all, his new goofball face is retarded.

Though I think all the men got screwed over. I feel the same about Baymans new face as I do about Zack's, for example. Right down to the stupid constant smile.

Jaguar360

I know Lei was your main and you feel close to her old look, but her current face is way more realistic for a young Chinese girl and she still look adorable. You're probably refering to her eyelids, but that's how you distinguish Chinese from Japanese people. Korean even have a different type of eyes.

I don't miss any old face from the DOA2-DOA4 era.
Probably because they are my mains, but I do prefer Hayabusa and Hayate's pre-DOA5 faces to their current ones. The new ones are more realistic, but there was something a bit more...cool about the old faces I guess. Not a huge thing for me though, I think that they both look fine now. Ein also fits well with the new style.

Argentus

Can't believe people actually preferred the lifeless doll faced monstrosities of previous DOAs

You really prefer this filth
Brueste-fuer-alle-46014-3-.jpg

Over this fine detailed piece of ass
lisa_on_zack_island_by_doafanboi-d752kht.jpg

get da fuck outta here
Doesn't help that she aged about 15 years with the facelift. Lisa looks like a milf in doa5.

She was definitely cuter with the old design though.
As for "sameface" that's still the rule, just to a lesser extent. Like look what happened when they tried to make Hitomi actually look a little German back in Alpha.

But I don't care about the girls' faces, my issue is all the guys look fucking awful with the new graphics. More realistic yes, but they all got beat half to death with whole fucking ugly tree forest

Chapstick

I don't find any of the guys unattractive. :/ The only eh ones for me are Leon, Raidou, Gen fu, and Bass but they aren't meant to be attractive. Their faces fit their characters perfectly.

Raidou: evil fuck, definitely looks like an evil fuck
Bass: big ol retired wrestler dad
Leon: man hardened by the desert and the loss of his lover
Gen fu: the old one

Also is Lisa looking mature a bad thing? It adds more diversity to a cast of girls that appear to be mostly 18-20. And they made her beautiful, I find her to have the prettiest face in DOA5.

Argentus

I don't find any of the guys unattractive. :/ The only eh ones for me are Leon, Raidou, Gen fu, and Bass but they aren't meant to be attractive. Their faces fit their characters perfectly.

Also is Lisa looking mature a bad thing? It adds more diversity to a cast of girls that appear to be mostly 18-20. And they made her beautiful, I find her to have the prettiest face in DOA5.
Its jarring. Her, Christie and Helena come across as milf despite supposedly being around the same ages as the other girls (teens to mid twenties).

As for the guys its the fact that most of them are totally unrecognizeable. Whereas the girls simply got more detail to their existing faces, the guys all got totally new appearances. Zack and Bayman went from stoic badasses to smirking douchenozzles, bass lost most of his mass making him look a LOT smaller, Leon aged about 40 years, ryus infamous butt ugly face since ng3, etc etc.

Then there's little details like Zack missing his signature green goatee, Bayman switching from his professional assassin style slicked back hair to a douchey brobuzz, etc.

Then Hayates new face went from pretty boy to freaking Schwarzenegger by comparison. It reminds me of how jarring it was to see Cyclops in Legends 2.

Its not that they look particularly bad, its that they look TOO different from before. Like totally different characters, as opposed to the girls who generally look the same just with more detail.

Chapstick

Its jarring. Her, Christie and Helena come across as milf despite supposedly being around the same ages as the other girls (teens to mid twenties).

As for the guys its the fact that most of them are totally unrecognizeable. Whereas the girls simply got more detail to their existing faces, the guys all got totally new appearances. Zack and Bayman went from stoic badasses to smirking douchenozzles, bass lost most of his mass making him look a LOT smaller, Leon aged about 40 years, ryus infamous butt ugly face since ng3, etc etc.

Then there's little details like Zack missing his signature green goatee, Bayman switching from his professional assassin style slicked back hair to a douchey brobuzz, etc.

Then Hayates new face went from pretty boy to freaking Schwarzenegger by comparison. It reminds me of how jarring it was to see Cyclops in Legends 2.

Its not that they look particularly bad, its that they look TOO different from before. Like totally different characters, as opposed to the girls who generally look the same just with more detail.
I don't get milf from any of them especially not Christie. Do you think your perception of Helena and Lisa looking like "milfs" comes from their change in body type? Because I really don't see it in their faces.

Bass really looks that much smaller to you? He's enormous. Bigger than I believe the entire roster other than Raidou. And like I said Leon makes sense, he looks like a mean no-nonsense son of a bitch which is his character. If anything TN made him look more like he should. Bayman isn't always smirking idk where you're getting that from either

tumblr_nu0xkooawe1t5k8i7o1_540.gif

Just because he isn't like ))):<<< doesn't mean he's smirking. He's always tilting his head down too which lessens the appearance of frowns. The structure and design of his face got a lot more menacing on top of that.

I think the change in Hayate was them overdoing the circles under his eyes. Maybe I'll do one of my face edits on him. I also think the more dramatic transformations show they put more effort into updating the dudes.

Wait what thread is this again

Xhominid The Demon Within

Doesn't help that she aged about 15 years with the facelift. Lisa looks like a milf in doa5.

She was definitely cuter with the old design though.
As for "sameface" that's still the rule, just to a lesser extent. Like look what happened when they tried to make Hitomi actually look a little German back in Alpha.

But I don't care about the girls' faces, my issue is all the guys look fucking awful with the new graphics. More realistic yes, but they all got beat half to death with whole fucking ugly tree forest

HAHAHA...you serious?

If you want me to be honest...despite being a guy, I'm wondering what the hell people are smoking when they say the DOA males aren't attractive to be frank. Even Gen Fu is pretty alright for an old guy with every other male, despite having different proportions, is still pretty damn stacked or alright for their frame(Bass SEEMS to be taking on weight but considering Yokozuna and other Sumos can use their fat as secondary muscle, Bass can be more Stout then Fat).

It doesn't help the revamp faces for the males also helps with that angle too(helps alot with Brad Wong to be frank).

Xhominid The Demon Within

tumblr_myj0w20frJ1rje51ao1_250.gif

Point was to make him "prettier" and younger. So, darker irises, slimmer nose, less wide mouth, less angry eyebrows, slightly narrowed jawline, lightened the dark circles. All typical youthful features. You wanna see weird here's my edit of Marie to look more 18

edited
je13KC5.png

vs original
6Lqqzgt.png

So the only difference between that is just her eyes being less anime-ish?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD