• Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hazard

Standard Donor
Based on the voice actresses (Jap/Eng) and the pirate theme, it's very likely she will be a strong independant young female.
I wouldn't be surprised if she had a crotch attack. :)

Strong and independent you say?
mju1z8.jpg

Argentus

*posted this in the other thread, just putting it here, too...*

*Team Ninjas thought process when creating a character or costume*

8d6.jpg

Japanese reaction
d94.gif

Western reaction to the design AND the Japanese reaction
446.png

Bu western fans' real reaction, based on sales

a34.gif

pachincko

About the hypothesis made of a character crated in collaboration with Marvelous Entertainment, a fan on FB made me notice a basic fallacy in it: after all TN has never promoted a collaboration with the team of developers (that created even other series), but just directly with Senran Kagura. Exactly how Akira wasn't promoted as a collaboration with AM2, but just directy with the Virtua Fighter series.

So we should discard the hyphotesis? What do you think @RoboJoe?

About the voice actress a fan said me that he believes that the seyuu in the trailer could not be Iguchi Yuka (the voice of Hibari in Senran Kagura) but rather to sound more as Nonaka Ai http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_Nonaka

Between her many characters she voices the pink "dog" Tirami in Amagi Brilliant Park:

Yeah both the Japanese and Chinese believe that she is Nonaka which acted in Clannad and Desperated Teacher.

They said that cause Tecmo Koei envite most of the voice actors/actresses from Aoni production company as they are in co-operation. Nonaka is one of them.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
About the voice actress a fan said me that he believes that the seyuu in the trailer could not be Iguchi Yuka (the voice of Hibari in Senran Kagura) but rather to sound more as Nonaka Ai http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_Nonaka

Between her many characters she voices the pink "dog" Tirami in Amagi Brilliant Park:

Ai Nonaka is also the Seiyū of Kyoko Sakura in Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Lmfao, I hope her powerblow is her blowing herself up just like Kyoko. :')

Number 13

Not just a skull, but a crossbones design

There are many meanings for a crossbones skull design. The most mainstream reaction is obviously pirates because of how much the symbol is romanticized in media to represent pirates. It could be the literal symbolic meaning for "poison" or "death" depending on where you interpret it. The symbol also apparently has some religious significance, but I doubt TN will go that route. It could just simply be a fashion statement and nothing more. With only one specific angle pose for her that surfaced there are going to be alot of "could" predictions.

Considering May has a cross skull design and is a type of pirate the predictions that the new character is possibly a pirate isn't exactly out of nowhere either though.
3eacee80-s.jpg

Last edited:

werewolfgold

So, this is kind of random, but a new character was just announced for Tekken 7 and all of the random comments I see are saying that she looks like a DOA character, but...

tekken7-luckychloe-dengeki-2.jpg

Does this look like a DOA character to anybody? At first, I was like, lolno. But, now that Marie Rose exists and moe pirate looms on the horizon... I dunno anymore, y'all. lol

Last edited:

Aspect

So, this is kind of random, but a new character was just announced for Tekken 7 and all of the random comments I see are saying that she looks like a DOA character, but...

Does this look like a DOA character to anybody? At first, I was like, lolno. Bur, now that Marie Rose exists and moe pirate looms on the horizon... I dunno anymore, y'all. lol

Nope. Looks like a Tekken type character to me. I wouldn't mind getting something like that for DOA though

David Gregg

Does this look like a DOA character to anybody? At first, I was like, lolno. But, now that Marie Rose exists and moe pirate looms on the horizon... I dunno anymore, y'all. lol

I find it funny they're making those claims when they already have anime-looking characters like Alisa and Eliza. I will admit though that now that MR has become the trademark blonde pigtail loli fighter in current gen fighters that was the automatic connection I made. XD

Brute

Standard Donor

Oh, God. Someone, please kill it with fire.

Number 13

Is she even a legitimate cat girl or just cosplaying because she sounds like an idol vocaloid. Jesus that design somehow made it more "moe" then Marie Rose with how much more blunt the pandering is LOL. Feels like Namco is trying to appease the otaku consumer demographic DoA most likely controls stronger. Zaibatsu Forums must be going ape shit right now. I'm tempted to go check with my popcorn.

See with DoA the game already has a negative stigma for pandering to the mainstream audience so if DoA got this kind of character no one would bat an eye. Tekken getting this character however can hurt their so far "legitimate" reputation at least through the Western mainstream audience. I mean they been slowly going the fan service route lately (just look at their Revolution character poll) and Eliza was already a bold enough choice, but this is swan diving at the opposite expected direction lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD