DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 13

The thing is since she is a guest you can already get at least a vague idea how she will turn out. Somewhere in Rig/Sarah ballpark with some anime thrown in for good measure.

Thought occurred. Unlike the VF guests, this guest is under the KT umbrella. Can't rule her out eating a slot now for DoA 6 in 20xx.

Also 0.01% chance new stage might be SW related.

Last edited:

Number 13

They probably wanted to add another character in [to spice up season pass sales + future dlc sales], but didn't want to put too much budget into it because we can't have that no sir. Thing is they know they can't go the clone route yet again without being blatantly obvious how cheap they are and they already hit the mimic archetype twice with the last two characters so naturally what is left to save money while being subtle as possible is to reuse existing character designs aka guests.

Someone from KT/TN must have finally got the memo that four guests from one IP is already overkill and decided to look elsewhere for another guest. Naturally finding one under the KT umbrella is much more convenient. Then from here they would weed out IPs that wouldn't work with DoA one way or another. They settled on SW since it has reputation, but not too much or too little to suit their purpose. They then immediately weed out all the male characters [lol like that was ever on the table to begin with] and chose the character that best suited the unarmed DoA fighting style [she largely kicks in SW] and of course most importantly fits the profile on their current business plan on capitalizing on 'moe sells' which this character definitely would join the MR/Honoka club.

SilverForte

I think that if Tecmo really wanted to go with a guest character from one of their own series, they should have gone with someone interesting from a more obscure title. Like Highway star from Angel eyes. Or sho from Crimson sea. Would have been interesting. Heck now that I think about it, Sho could have been the Genra replacement, he has laser swords and projectile weapons, aw man...

sho-1.jpg

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor

Thats my response to honoka with rig's moves. Sometimes I want to say fuck this game.

EDIT here's a better one.

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Thought occurred. Unlike the VF guests, this guest is under the KT umbrella. Can't rule her out eating a slot now for DoA 6 in 20xx.
I wouldn't go that far. It's not like Ryu, Ayane, and Kasumi kept showing up in the Warriors games outside of that one time and I doubt Ayane is going to keep showing up in Fatal Frame for example. Naotora is literally centuries out of her time in DOA.

I love it how everyone complains about being "disappointed" but when that bitch arrives everyone is buying her just like Honoka :/
Ya know, I bought Honoka (eventually) so I could have (what I thought at the time would be) a complete roster for when I played with friends. But, I actually am pretty done at this point. TN clearly doesn't want or need my money and I don't really want to support them anymore.

But, I believe in finishing what I start. So, people can send me videos and quotes and stuff when she's released and I'll add it to the translation topic.

Lady Tengu

I wouldn't go that far. It's not like Ryu, Ayane, and Kasumi kept showing up in the Warriors games outside of that one time and I doubt Ayane is going to keep showing up in Fatal Frame for example. Naotora is literally centuries out of her time in DOA.

Ya know, I bought Honoka (eventually) so I could have (what I thought at the time would be) a complete roster for when I played with friends. But, I actually am pretty done at this point. TN clearly doesn't want or need my money and I don't really want to support them anymore.

But, I believe in finishing what I start. So, people can send me videos and quotes and stuff when she's released and I'll add it to the translation topic.
Well since you mentioned it what does she say in the trailer?

P2p1mbs

between a male character and a guest character, (i cant believe im typing this) i would honestly would have preferred a new male, at least that would have been original...

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Li I love ya girl you're cool and all but goddamit we did not need anouther soft moe character. When they said do something new they probably meant kicks only,since Li only ever kicks

Basically expect Rig on Crack and Kokoro on Riddelin. seriously stop fucking apologizing!

And don't expect much more from me. until they've shown the gumption to do something besides appeal to one demographic I'm pretty much done. Moe has taken over DOA5 and I expect DOA6 as well.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
New character cycle:

1) New character is vaguely announced.

2) People set ridiculously high expectations.

3) New character is revealed partially.

4a) If character is male or or uncommon ethnic (can be both), competitive minority is stoked, casuals not so much.

4b) If character is female, competitive minority is disappointed, casuals not so much.

5) Character is released.

6a) If character meets criteria of 4a, competitive minority is stoked, but the character doesn't sell well.

6b) If character meets criteria of 4b, competitive minority is disappointed, but the character still sells well. Some even go so far as to threaten to drop the game, including the ones who were never picking up a new character to begin with.

7a) Majority of players that were hype for the new character pick up and drop the character, knowing they were never going to main the new character to begin with.

7b) A few players that were hype for the new character (or didn't care at first, but found decent tech to win tournaments with) actually pick up and stick with the character, if not use them as a secondary.

8) Hype dies down, loyalties are tested, majority of people go back to their comfort zone and sticking to what they know/understand, learning the matchup against the new character instead.

9) Repeat Step 1.

Lady Tengu

New character cycle:

1) New character is vaguely announced.

2) People set ridiculously high expectations.

3) New character is revealed partially.

4a) If character is male or or uncommon ethnic (can be both), competitive minority is stoked, casuals not so much.

4b) If character is female, competitive minority is disappointed, casuals not so much.

5) Character is released.

6a) If character meets criteria of 4a, competitive minority is stoked, but the character doesn't sell well.

6b) If character meets criteria of 4b, competitive minority is disappointed, but the character still sells well. Some even go so far as to threaten to drop the game, including the ones who were never picking up a new character to begin with.

7a) Majority of players that were hype for the new character pick up and drop the character, knowing they were never going to main the new character to begin with.

7b) A few players that were hype for the new character (or didn't care at first, but found decent tech to win tournaments with) actually pick up and stick with the character, if not use them as a secondary.

8) Hype dies down, loyalties are tested, majority of people go back to their comfort zone and sticking to what they know/understand, learning the matchup against the new character instead.

9) Repeat Step 1.

Yes yes. 7b) for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD