New DOA5 Backdash

Codemaster92163

So, while my friend MajesticBlue was teaching me how to Korean Backdash, I learned something funny about it. I, unwittingly, discovered that Pai can backdash while simultaneously blocking lows and mid during her transition.

Basically, you do quarter-circles from back to back/down then from back/down to back. Essentially, it's not as fast as the Korean Backdash, but you go fairly fast (especially with Pai), and are constantly blocking low - therefor evading high and low attacks - as well as blocking mid for a split second in every rotation cycle.

Now, this works for all characters technically, but some do it far better. I'm looking at you, VIrtua Fighter characters! The others move at different speeds

Here is a list of characters this works for certainly

Pai
Sarah
Akira
Rig (slightly)
Brad (Slightly)
MIla (decently)

I'll try to test them all and see who can do it as well. Now, I'm not sure how useful it's going to be, but a high/low and occasional mid-guarding backdash sounds to be fairly nice.

Ooobe

Beg pardon, but: are you saying input: :4::1::2:, :214: or just :4::1::1::4: also, do you hold :F: while this is happening or just rely on the back motion for the block?

Darrell

Was gonna post a topic, but I might as well ask it here, since it's about backing the f*** up. I feel like I'm stuck in front of the opponent during their wake up attack. Any tips on how to back the f*** up better? :)

miyodarius

I ju
Was gonna post a topic, but I might as well ask it here, since it's about backing the f*** up. I feel like I'm stuck in front of the opponent during their wake up attack. Any tips on how to back the f*** up better? :)
I just keep tapping :1: :1:. Doing this input over and over, while make some distance really fast.
What is it everyone is talking about. I thought all characters could cancel their backdash and block?

MajesticBlue

Sarah, Pai and Mila can fly. Like, cover the whole screen in a little over a second. This might decide their tier placement.

The input is a hard one to describe. You have to start off in a full crouch, then you hold db while kind of wiggling between back and down back. Do it slow at first so you can see how the cancels work. Once you can see it just get it up to speed. It is similar to a trick I used to do with Ayane to walk faster while in BT.

@Ooobe. You don't press F at all during the input.

@Darrell. Their are a few options you can try. Some characters have better korean back dash then others. If you have a crappy korean back dash you can use back dash cancels. KBD is just quarter circle back, quarter circle back. Back dash cancel is back back (hold) back back (hold) You hold the second back so they cancel into backstepping then repeat.

Code! We gotta get this on film!

DR2K

Yeah Mila practically warped across the screen, easy as shit to do as well, lol.

Codemaster92163

So, can we dub this then as American Back DashingTeabag Back Dashing.

EDIT: Now with video.
That's pretty much it, but you can do it different ways.

Depending on where you start your slide from, you can be blocking mid and low both split evenly, or you can block low about 90% of the time and mid the other 10%. It all depends on where you start it from.

And can't me and blue make up the name for this? xD

Beg pardon, but: are you saying input: :4::1::2:, :214: or just :4::1::1::4: also, do you hold :F: while this is happening or just rely on the back motion for the block?

It's Basically :1::4::1::4::1::4: As quickly and with as little wiggling of the thumbs as possible =P

d3v

On a related note, I just Brian from HitBox to test this and KBD on a HitBox.

Codemaster92163

Haha, Code-Blue reminds me of Mountain Dew. I like that one.

Oh, and d3v, on your video, can you also attribute it to MajesticBlue? Without him, I'd have never even tried it xD

MajesticBlue

Code-Blue dash! Hahahaha.

I'm sure with some testing we can find a use for it. You can actually get it going much faster then that with practice. Most moves that leave you crouching allow you do it as well. Generic 2P into a run away. Now we just have to decide on a name lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD