New DOA5 Backdash

Jefffcore

I agree with Fuzzy Backdash.

I don't see how it's a Kara, nothing's really being cancelled; her transition just moves her backwards.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Considering all the characters do not move the same, there are bound to be techs that only work for a few.

d3v

Gentlemen Thief got 3rd place at CEO using this, I fail to see how it won't be useful.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Im pretty sure its useful, just dont think its a glitch. Its just movement caused by buffering and canceling commands.

DR2K

Considering all the characters do not move the same, there are bound to be techs that only work for a few.

It makes little sense to give this type of movement to new characters only. I highly doubt it was intentional for them to get a back dash better than Ayane's.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
UncleKitchener said:
Haha, Bass has the worst Back dash cancel.
-This must be a glitch lol. But in all seriousness, this just show us that the characters are not equal.

Raansu

Gentlemen Thief got 3rd place at CEO using this, I fail to see how it won't be useful.

Yeah he showed it to me at CEO. At first I was like "so what, its just a KBD." Then I realized Sarah was still blocking during the dash lmao. Was like "woooow yeah that's definitely a glitch." Given the nature of the animation though it's pretty vulnerable to mid attacks. Hitomi's 66k stunned Sarah every single time he was doing that dash when playing against me. It's great for making space though.

On a side note, I hope to play him again, his Sarah is really good.

MajesticBlue

You can do a version that blocks mids pretty well. It is kinda weird, you can option select or fuzzy out of it since it is so fast. Not to mention if your on the ball you can just react and block what you see coming. Crazy stuff.

MajesticBlue

Very, very cool. I hope at least a few people use it. Characters that have back turned stances also have special movement options. I can describe a few ideas if anybody is interested. They look dumb but are semi useful. Thanks for showing off what it can do.

Sora

Very, very cool. I hope at least a few people use it. Characters that have back turned stances also have special movement options. I can describe a few ideas if you are interested. They look dumb but are semi usefull. Thanks for showing what it can do.

Let me or John know: we already found one with Pai's BT stance where she retreats BT-ed. Couldn't find anything noteworthy with Ayane (she spins constantly back and forth... no real use there). I can certainly create a quick smaller follow-up of other applications.

On topic: Just because someone doesn't have a good rapid step backdash (here's to that name sticking), doesn't mean they don't have a good, cancellable backdash. Bass can back wavedash relatively well, for instance. It was just outside the scope of the video. :)

MajesticBlue

With Ayane you could try :1::1::8:. Not sure how fast it cancels though.
The next motion is kinda tough to describe. :1::1:(Hold down back this also puts her in back turned stance) Then do the same motion as was being used to do the rapidash xD. Maybe you tap back instead of down? Brad Wong can do it too...umm the way I do them is kinda hard to put into notation. They look the same as the new dash just backwards and slower.

Husser_Brian

We'll check it out for sure. We'll try to have another video done Monday for dash cancelling. So far we have KBD, wave dash backwards/forwards, Mishima wave dash forward, and the alternate backdash cancel of [:1::2::1::7:], and hopefully some more stuff with stances.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD