New Female Character Teased in DOA5:LR Trailer

The new female character was teased with a brief shot in the latest trailer released by Team Ninja, showing off some of the day 1 DLC costumes available in exclusive bundles.

Also of note is the Steam logo displayed at the end of the trailer, officially confirming a PC release alongside the already announced consoles.

The English trailer can be viewed below, with a link to the original Japanese one here.

newgirl.jpg

A date is set at the end of the trailer. "1/15/15" This could be an indication for the full reveal date of the new character.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible that she's original to DOA but Senran inspired OR most likely designed by someone in the Senran staff, kinda like how the Devil Triggers of Dante and Vergil were by the Persona artist in Devil May Cry 3.

EDIT: Ninja'd xD

Maybe it's a new Kagura girl.

Anything but another fucking Kasumi. She looks like a Kasumi to me.

We can safely rule out Irene and Miss Monday.

Edit: Oh, and Spartan-458. lol

The new character doesn't resemble any existing Senran. The closest would be Shiki (weird choice as the hypothetical senran rep) but that is because she has the skull theme going on for her, but based on the teaser everything else is different especially the voice.

There will probably be a Senran costume pack soon for DoA females and vice versa for EV. I remember seeing a twitter post where both the DoA and Senran developers favorited and/or retweeted an art piece where Kasumi/Asuka are together with swapped outfits.

While it would be nice that no online for DoA for release is because it's actually trying to improve the net code similar with how KoF XIII Steam handled it, but it could just as easy be a shady method to promote the console versions since that will have day one online.

I do like the recolours, I don't even care. So, "Showstoppers Encore" comes with all of the Bikinis and the Recolours, or would you think that It'd be it's own pack.

LOVING THE PINK HAIR on the new character. Sorry, I've just had a thing for pink hair. Male, or female. Too much JJBA.
Maybe it's a new Kagura girl.

Anything but another fucking Kasumi. She looks like a Kasumi to me.
No, nigga! Lol. I don't think so anyway. I don't think that she looks like a Kasumi. As Kasumi doesn't have Pink Hair. If it is, fuck TN. (But it's not, so...)

I see where she's going to be the "Biggest" now. She was probably designed by the SK devs. I watched the show a while back, (2013) and I liked it, so when I saw the SK collab, I got a little happy.

I think @RoboJoe is right and the collab is that the Senran Kagura team designed a DoA char.
That means it's most likely a 15-16 year old (??? years outside of japan) girl with a high pitched voice AND massive boobs that happens to be some sort of Ninja... see everything fits perfectly lol

I agree, this is a good idea and I believe that it's the most likely hypothesis so far for explaining what we know of the new character united with the certainty of a collaboration with the Senran Kagura series.

So in this eventuality should we expect in future a character for the Senran Kagura roster created from Team NINJA?

Last edited:
How does the preorder thing work¿ I want the four ninja costumes and maybe Rose's swimsuit because I actually play Rose. Can I get that by just preordering on Amazon¿

She sure as hell doesn't sound like another Kasumi.

Also someone did bring up a good point. Senran developers could have potentially designed an original character (the cute skull thing/eccentric hair color is kind of Senran style) for DoA as well, but it doesn't sound as likely as costume swaps which would take considerable less effort.

How does the preorder thing work¿ I want the four ninja costumes and maybe Rose's swimsuit because I actually play Rose. Can I get that by just preordering on Amazon¿

Here you can find what I was able to realize so far about the pre-order policy: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...news/recap-on-the-last-round-new-outfits-r822

EDIT: STEAM seems to have a personal rule for the pre-order outfits that you can get... what a mess! XD

Base Offer

Pre-purchase DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round to get Kasumi's "NINJA 2015" costume AND save 10%!

%7BSTEAM_APP_IMAGE%7DextrasNinja_Kasumi_small.jpg

Reward 1

NINJA 2015 costumes for Ryu Hayabusa, Ayane and Hayate AND save 10%!

%7BSTEAM_APP_IMAGE%7DextrasNinja_Hayate_Hayabusa_Ayane_small.jpg

Reward 2

Everything Above, Plus:

Aloha costumes for Kasumi, Hitomi, Ayane and Mila AND save 10%!

%7BSTEAM_APP_IMAGE%7DextrasAloha_small.jpg

Reward 3

Everything Above, Plus:

Beach Party costumes for Momiji, Rachel, Leifang and Kokoro AND save 10%!

%7BSTEAM_APP_IMAGE%7DextrasBeach_Party_small.jpg

*Rewards will be added to the pre-order package as they become available, but will definitely be before launch.

She sure as hell doesn't sound like another Kasumi.

Also someone did bring up a good point. Senran developers could have potentially designed an original character (the cute skull thing/eccentric hair color is kind of Senran style) for DoA as well, but it doesn't sound as likely as costume swaps which would take considerable less effort.

Well a costume swap it's true too, but so far no characters from Senran Kagura appears to have a similar roster. So maybe could be outfits designed purposefully from Senran Kagura developers, but at this point would become more likely to create just a new character; in addition I think that hardly Team NINJA would tease the character using for its first appearence just a swapped outfit.

Honestly people I don't get where you find similarities with Kasumi when everything we know from her appearence to the voice sound the opposite. Pink/ clear brown hair are not enough to make think "It's Kasumi".

While it would be nice that no online for DoA for release is because it's actually trying to improve the net code similar with how KoF XIII Steam handled it, but it could just as easy be a shady method to promote the console versions since that will have day one online.

Guess it's more likely that they have to figure out how to setup their network infrastructure... with Sony and MS it's a no brainer (they handle this), but I don't think Valve offers, or enforces the same service.
Even if it's P2P you still need a few servers that return peers...

Well that NINJA pack is killer in motion. Kasumi is like Hibana from Nightshade/Kunoichi and Hayate looks like a Dante killer :cool: I am ready for all this.
And good for the PC confirmation.

A few things that concern me..
That new character is pretty much Kasumi Alpha if I'm not mistaken. I'm calling it right now. Headline this shit.
THE NEW CHARACTER IS KASUMI ALPHA
Also I'm reeaaallly glad that NyoTengu gets more combo capability. I was so happy.
Still no word on the less popular characters such as Eliot. :eliot:
That ice cream on that bikini doe.

That new character is pretty much Kasumi Alpha if I'm not mistaken. I'm calling it right now. Headline this shit.
Also I'm reeaaallly glad that NyoTengu gets more combo capability. I was so happy.
... You know P4 full name is Kasumi Alpha Phase-4 right lol so I doubt it sir.

Kasumi Alpha is in the same club of Spartan-458 and Bankotsubo: characters unable to return in the game because already replaced from new ones that had to be seen as their successors.

That ice cream on that bikini doe.

thats not Kasumi Alpha

also no word on Eliot? he revealed his new costume and was actually playable. Eliot was one of the first characters we got word about

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD