New Female Character Teased in DOA5:LR Trailer

The new female character was teased with a brief shot in the latest trailer released by Team Ninja, showing off some of the day 1 DLC costumes available in exclusive bundles.

Also of note is the Steam logo displayed at the end of the trailer, officially confirming a PC release alongside the already announced consoles.

The English trailer can be viewed below, with a link to the original Japanese one here.

newgirl.jpg

A date is set at the end of the trailer. "1/15/15" This could be an indication for the full reveal date of the new character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...hard to say. She sounds a little different in the Senran Kagura video. But she's also fighting and shouting there. Japanese gamers, that are fans of SK, should know, if it's the same.

Don't forget, they would be transforming an anime/manga design into a realistic design. There would be some changes...
Sarah looked pretty different from her Virtua Fighter self in DOA5, even though both art styles are realistic. Manga/anime style to realistic might be an even bigger change...

I agree with what you say but we aren't talking of a reworking of a determined design as in the case of the VF fighters, but just of a different shape of an element. If the flower in the glove is supposed to be a replica of the one of the eyes on Hibari, then you are not going to use a 5 petals one but you had to create again its original one in the SK series. This would be an unnecessary and meaningless change, no fans of that character could be happy of a difference that doesn't make sense (and this of course would be true even if the DoA characters were to be converted in 2d versions of them).

PC Version is definitely something, chance of better netcode amongst many other things, I'm definitely interested in seeing how this plays out. The ninja costumes as expected look awesome in person, but Ryu's is the most surprising as it was literally just C1 with weapons but it looks much better in-game than I thought it would.

New character so far doesn't interest me, I'm cool with a pirate but she sounds like a loli and if it's a Rachel sized loli or a big breasted loli I'm going to be looking upside TN's head. Reserving final judgement until Jan 15th.

More interest has been generated than I expected from me though. I know we won't know the balance changes until around the last couple weeks til release, but I am still waiting on Ein and Akira costumes.

I think the best guess is that the SK developers designed her. This wouldnt be the first time they've done this for a game.
Btw does anyone know what she says?

Cool I wonder what shes hiding. Probably her large body part haha

The first thing that I thought was her presence to a fighting match: maybe she is acting going against the permission of someone as often happen in the background of many fighting game characters.

So, Lisa once again gets a reskinned costume borrow for her outfit, and was totally omitted from the entire trailer.

Typical.
I swear Japan hates her since, IIRC, they were the ones complaining about her to get her nerfed nearly every update. I digress though, I'm used to it as a Lisa main.

It's hard to imagine what her "biggest" thing could be. She sounds so young.

A loli with giant boobs. Even though they already have a loli she's flat chested. TN is all about bringing that diversity.

But can I say ------> called it. XD

TN has definitely shifted into the fantasy world with the DLC characters (a cyborg, a tengu, and a loli?! :O) so I have my doubts this new girl will be any different. I feel like she'll probably be more in line with an anime character with an off-the-wall fighting style.

Wondering Wondering who the NEW GIRL is ?

Seems So much ANIME to me :)

Great NINJA 2015 Costumes :)
The RECOLOR THING ,should be for free in the GAME ?

Whats that SOFT ENGINE THING ???

Wondering Wondering who the NEW GIRL is ?

Seems So much ANIME to me :)

Great NINJA 2015 Costumes :)
The RECOLOR THING ,should be for free in the GAME ?

Whats that SOFT ENGINE THING ???
So many CAPS LOCK FOR SOME REASON

DOA was always a 3D anime fighter, now it's a hyper realism deluxe xtreme beach legends ultimate edition anime fighter with soft engine jiggle titties with really fun gameplay. I think the re-colors are gonna be $1.99, just like how Ayane, Kasumi, and Hitomi got new jackets schoolgirl outfits that were $1.99 for whatever reason. :L Should've been 99 cent.

"Anita, 12 years old. Professional sumo.
She loves to travel around the world, looking for hidden treasures and taking part to deadly fighting tournaments, all of that against her father's will. She secretly hates Marie-Rose who stoles her teddy bear during kindergarten...
"

Most kids enter kindergarten around age 5, so... an 11 year old randomly showed up at this kid's school and stole her bear?

I'm finding that a lot funnier than I probably should.

The recolors aren't actually that bad... If they go up as DLC, i might consider getting the entire pack. I like having different color choices for my favorite outfits.

Love the costumes in the trailer looks pretty awesome, and I'm very curious about the new female character. She sounds very cute (considering the fact she spoke in English, which the ones I've heard in the past including veterans just didn't sound that great.), her voice kinda reminds Me of Amy Rose's new voice Cindy Robinson from Sonic Generations & bit of Sonic Lost Worlds. I'm looking forward to seeing her.

I love the swimsuits from @Kronin comment, although Kasumi's, Ayane's, & Hitomi's are pretty similar to the towel choices, which those lays are not meant for design for full costume. (but whatever, if those towels can be there than why not those lays. It isn't worth making a big deal)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD