Characters New "Female Tengu" Revealed

First discovered by @pachincko this seems likely to be our new Tengu shown in Famitsu. More details are bound to show up incredibly soon and we will keep this updated. She looks pretty, and I hope that Tengu fans will be impressed by the final package, because Tengu fans have waited a long time for this.

nbb5d.jpg

@Forlorn Penguin -- Sorry it's not Bankotsubo, buddy. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway should we start talking about what we've seen a little more. I'm wondering if the divebomb will return. It was a very important move to Bankotsubo, and I loved it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that her version of Tengu's 6P+K appears to be much faster than his old, garbage i27 version.

Lol it is exact same. It looks awkward with female version they could have changed it. I have problems with stances I don't like Momiji's, Tinas and Bayman Leon's stances now she is added to the list too.

It's not exactly the same. Her rear leg appears to be facing the opponent, while Tengu would have his turned away.

Anyway should we start talking about what we've seen a little more. I'm wondering if the divebomb will return. It was a very important move to Bankotsubo, and I loved it.

If she gets it back, it won't be guaranteed anymore, thus making it largely unimportant, so you'll rarely end up seeing it. Even so, it was an awesome animation, so I hope she has it.

At he very least, you could divebomb your opponent after you KO'd them. That was always fun. Likewise I hope she gets his shitty 4H+K sumo stomp too, as that was also fun to do post-round.

Last edited:
What I'm worried most about is her not having a flying ability like Bankotsubo. Seems like that's something they would have shown in the trailer instead of a taunt of her flying back.

What I'm worried most about is her not having a flying ability like Bankotsubo. Seems like that's something they would have shown in the trailer instead of a taunt of her flying back.

What do you mean? His flying FSD? His 9P? His H+K, 7PP, et cetera?

You never see her free step, so we can't say for sure about that yet.

She does 9P in the video and it now has an attack follow up (hopefully the throws are still there too and hopefully they're OHs now).

She does 2H+K2K2K at one point, so I'm sure that she can still chain it off into H+K like Tengu could, and I'm sure she'll have a raw H+K option, as well.

As for the 7PP/7KP stuff, like I said, it looks like she's just ended that move in one of the screenshots. It was one of Tengu's most iconic moves anyway, so I doubt it's gone.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD