Characters New "Female Tengu" Revealed

First discovered by @pachincko this seems likely to be our new Tengu shown in Famitsu. More details are bound to show up incredibly soon and we will keep this updated. She looks pretty, and I hope that Tengu fans will be impressed by the final package, because Tengu fans have waited a long time for this.

nbb5d.jpg

@Forlorn Penguin -- Sorry it's not Bankotsubo, buddy. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I gots the quotes for youse.

In order of how it happens in the vid.
  • Subete wa warawa no zaregoto nari!! (Everything is my practical joke!!)
  • Oshioki yo. (Punishment!)
  • Ochiro! (Fall!)
  • Kocchi ja. (Over here.)
  • Iya ja! Iya ja! Iya na no ja! (No, no! Do not want. Etc.)
  • Kimochi ii? (Does this feel good?)
  • Mada yoi. (Not over yet.)
  • Saraba ja. (Farewell.)
  • Nan ja nan ja? Mou owari ka? (What's wrong? Over already?)

I want to pick on a few of those above, but good for the most part (especially since some of the lines i don't agree with are lines that make no sense to me anyway). I swear i hear イケジ which is close to イケズ (Kansai dialect: my dialect), which means "meanie" the way she's saying it. She reminds me alot of....

And we all know this character is long over-due, and i felt like Rachel half fit into this role.

As I said, I never liked playing as Tengu and I didn't feel anything about Tengu in particular either, but I still would have bought him and played as him as much as I could just so I could help prove to TN that we wanted him back.

Giving us a Female Tengu is pretty much a slap to Tengu fans, but that said, they kept Bankotsubo's gameplay in tact and made it much more fun-looking and interesting, so I am very excited.

Has anyone been able to translate the little box that says "Story" in the bottom right of the scan? I didn't see anything about it going through the pages of this thread.

Everyone going 'NO WE WANT THE OLD TENGU NOT THIS', like seriously, grow up, nobody really played Tengu back in the day, y'all say you want him back but how many of you were really gonna play him? At least Titsgu is appealing for two obvious reasons.
I guess you haven't heard of casual players. I'd still pick the old Tengu over the new female one any day. The female one is a bad concept, and plus she's not really a Tengu just some female with black wings. It's like TN is trying to copy Tekken's fan made vampire character with wings or Jin, pretty much copying Tekken then pasting moves onto her. I still don't get why they won't bring him back, if it were Itagaki, Tengu, Ein, and Leon would of all been on Vanilla DOA5 from the start with more brand new fighters as well.

I guess you haven't heard of casual players. I'd still pick the old Tengu over the new female one any day. The female one is a bad concept, and plus she's not really a Tengu just some female with black wings. It's like TN is trying to copy Tekken's fan made vampire character with wings or Jin, pretty much copying Tekken then pasting moves onto her. I still don't get why they won't bring him back, if it were Itagaki, Tengu, Ein, and Leon would of all been on Vanilla DOA5 from the start with more brand new fighters as well.

Bad concept my ass. I'm not gonna argue to the moon on whether or not Banko is a character worth bringing back as DLC(I honestly don't believe so), but acting like is a good concept when, let's face facts, he's pretty much the typical Japanese Tengu. He's bland to look at and the only thing that saves me from completely forgetting him is his overblown lines. I mean, if he was atleast showing more avian features or got a major overhaul in DOA4, I would see they are trying but now, I'd rather have NyoTengu because let's be serious, take away Banko's nose and wings and you seriously tell that he isn't an old man with a tan...

Do go on. I'm pretty sure I didn't mishear anything. Which ones?

Iya ja! Iya ja! Iya na no ja! (No, no! Do not want. Etc.)

It sounds like 嫌だぜ。嫌じゃ。嫌なのじゃ。

Following that she says いけじ when Hitomi's saying Grr.

Mada yoi. (Not over yet.)

Doesn't sound like まだよい to me, but, it's the closest thing i can think of that makes sense.

Has anyone been able to translate the little box that says "Story" in the bottom right of the scan? I didn't see anything about it going through the pages of this thread.

日本の山岳地帯に伝わる、"女天狗"伝説。その妖美な容姿はXXで言い伝えられ、日本古来から伝説とXれてきた。人間界に降臨したのは、ただの気まぐれなのXXXか……?

I'd need a clearer scan to do a decent translation. I put X where the letter was not clear enough to read. I'm surprised that i managed to figure out some of the ones that i did.

It sounds like 嫌だぜ。嫌じゃ。嫌なのじゃ。

Following that she says いけじ when Hitomi's saying Grr.
I highly doubt she would have "da ze" as an ender. That's, like, modern masculine. I can't watch videos at the moment but she probably did say something during Hitomi's taunt, though I don't remember off the top of my head. My brain probably processed it as something Hitomi said so I ignored it. It might be "ikeji" for all I know.

Doesn't sound like まだよい to me, but, it's the closest thing i can think of that makes sense.
I'll listen to it again later.

日本の山岳地帯に伝わる、"女天狗"伝説。その妖美な容姿はXXで言い伝えられ、日本古来から伝説とXれてきた。人間界に降臨したのは、ただの気まぐれなのXXXか……?

I'd need a clearer scan to do a decent translation. I put X where the letter was not clear enough to read. I'm surprised that i managed to figure out some of the ones that i did.
She's been posted on the official site now. You can read it from the source.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/home.html#newcharacters

I highly doubt she would have "da ze" as an ender. That's, like, modern masculine. I can't watch videos at the moment but she probably did say something during Hitomi's taunt, though I don't remember off the top of my head. My brain probably processed it as something Hitomi said so I ignored it. It might be "ikeji" for all I know.

I'll listen to it again later.

She's been posted on the official site now. You can read it from the source.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/home.html#newcharacters

Oh wow, i totally missed that. I tried googling lines that i did get, but to no avail. Anyway...

From the mountain ranges of Japan, the legend of the tengu girl.
This strangely sedductive* apperance mentioned through out the country has been taking legend.
She has decended upon the world of men, but is this really a good omen........?

*The original word is 妖美, which is, in itself, hard to directly explain in english. The best I can say is that "sedductive" isn't as strong. It's an overly exaggerated word, implying that someone can't resist the charm of it, like a vampire's ability to seduce or something, but innate rather than concious, and also has a paranormal feel to it.

*The original word is 妖美, which is, in itself, hard to directly explain in english. The best I can say is that "sedductive" isn't as strong. It's an overly exaggerated word, implying that someone can't resist the charm of it, like a vampire's ability to seduce or something, but innate rather than concious, and also has a paranormal feel to it.
I think we would call that "bewitching" or "entrancing" in English.

I think we would call that "bewitching" or "entrancing" in English.

Oh right, i forgot those words. English is my native language, but you just can't think very well in 2 at the same time. XD

Anyway, thanks to the site, i now have frame data for Marie Rose, Phase-4, and 女天狗. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have any data on the others posted.

Bridget?

Plenty of fighters have trans characters. If thats what you are looking for, go play those at your leisure
Personally, Im glad TN isn't doing that shit.

I thought it was pretty mainstream in Japan , not that I care for it.

I only play like Ein and Leon , when it comes to DOA5U and with other fighting games like guilty gear , I go for like Sol badguy.

I am pretty anti fanservice , if there was a chance to go back in time and change DOA then the characters would have less fanservice.But then we all wouldn't be here talking about the game , well at least the majority.

I thought it was pretty mainstream in Japan , not that I care for it.

I only play like Ein and Leon , when it comes to DOA5U and with other fighting games like guilty gear , I go for like Sol badguy.

I am pretty anti fanservice , if there was a chance to go back in time and change DOA then the characters would have less fanservice.But then we all wouldn't be here talking about the game , well at least the majority.
Ein and Leon? then you'll be saving yourself alot of money DLC wise then. TN don't seem to care about them in that front.

Okay. So, I listened again.

Her low throw is (I'm pretty sure) "Maeba yoi!" which actually means "You/We should dance!"
Her losing quote is indeed "Iya ja! Iya ja! Iya na no ja!" which is "NO NO NO, etc.
Her grounded taunt (which I missed) is "ikezu" which is "meanie" as was already said.

Now, I'll take a crack at her story and fighting style.
-THE TOMBOY TENGU PRINCESS-
"The legend of the 'Female Tengu', passed down through the mountain villages of Japan.

Her bewitching appearance is widely spoken of, and has even come to be a Japanese legend from ancient times. Her descent into the human world, was it just on a whim...?"

Fighting Style
"She is a wielder of 'Tengu-do', a legend passed down through the mountain villages of Japan. Contrary to her bewitching appearance, she doesn't just draw upon strikes of terrible power, using her wings, she can also draw upon aerial attacks far beyond that of humans."

It's likely referring to her tendency to roughhouse or something. I dunno. I literally can't find any other definition for "otenba" 「おてんば」.

Being overly straight-forward is something that could sometimes be seen as a "man's" domain as well.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD