New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

TwiztidRaven

Haha So many 8WR members. =P

Anyway I'm also a member of 8WR looking to get into DoA5 and actually learn the game this time. All i did was mash in 4 and 2U Lol. Planning on focusing on Rig till I get better at the basics and such. Then checking out other characters from there. Hoping to run into you guys online and get my ass kicked into oblivion. =]

PUNCHdrunkGUILT

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, just got recomended to it by a friend of mine. I played back in ultimate pretty competitively under the name Cheeseonastick i didnt like doa4 to much so i stopped playing after about 2 months deep. I'm really looking forward to playing with you guys and hopefully talking with some of you. My main is leifang and Im still trying to pick a secondary.. im leaning towards Helena though. Anyway good to meet you all!!

Ghosty-J

Hey guys. There really isn't much to say about myself. I'm a massive fan of DoA, among other franchises like Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, and a bunch of other things. I play any and all fighting games and tend to be just decent at most of them. If I'm not playing fighting games, I'm mostly playing platformers, beat em ups, hack n slashes, and adventure games.

Other than that, I'm also a cartoonist. I even made some DoA5 fanart a while back some weeks before the game's release. I'll just leave it here so you guys can laugh at my skill XD
http://pltnm06ghost.deviantart.com/art/We-Are-Fighters-324217381

And finally, I'm a hardcore Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fanatic. That's all you need to know I guess :U
Hoping I get to enjoy the most out of what I can get from the community. I've been stalking this place anonymously for months until DoA5 was released, so here's to the reveal of my identity being worth something at this place XP

Hey FSD ive been lurking here for almost a week now and finally decided to make an account....you can technically say i came from 8wayrun but honestly i havent been on there in a long time. I am very new to dead or alive i decided to play the final weeks of 4 then found out it had issues...then 5 came out and im loving it. As you probably already guessed i come from soul calibur. Anyway this game is awesome and team ninja put ALOOOOOOT of work in the game and i just hope the community grows more and more because it deserves to...thats is all :D

Murakame

sup guys. Im new to DOA and 3D fighters but I've played and like many 2D fighters except MVC/UMVC 3. Maining Kasumi not only because I herd shes a good pick for people new but also because she is visually appealing to me (design wise and fighting style wise)

Mila

New to DoA, and well, fighters in general. Was never interested in most fighters, except for DOA. When I saw that DOA was on the Ps3 I just had to get it, and I instantly fell in love with Mila (big surprise. lol). I aspire to be a Pro Mila Player!

Ghengis_John

Hello. Yet another 8way member joining the site. I hear good things about FSD, I like the aesthetic of the site already. Help me not to suck as badly as I do and in exchange I promise to eat up your bandwidth with my terrible humor and arguments about fictitious universes.

I've mained Helena since DOA3 and I hope to be sticking with her. The past few days I've been kind of bummed about the changes to her so I figured I should seek out experts and their wisdom. I've played so many fighters both 2d and 3d over so many years at this point that I think it's just fair to call them my favorite genre. Though I have soft spots in my heart for RPG's in particular and a hodge podge of things you can see any time by viewing my gamertag.

If you were ever a fan of Farscape or Phantom Dust then let me give you the secret fraternity handshake. To everyone else, nice to meet you. I'll be playing Doa 5 on Xbox Live so if you need a friendly sparring partner or you've got a few tips feel free to add me.

argilium

I've been seeing this site from time to time for like a couple of months before the game released and only decided to join because i finally got to play the game.. i don't own a console but my friend did and bought DOA5 because he used to play 4.. meanwhile, i'm a fan of the franchise since the first but wasn't able to play it seriously before.. i actually came from a 2D airdash fighting community (GG,BB, P4, MB, etc) but we're pretty open-minded with any other fighting game so long as it has a solid core mechanic (we even tried VF5FS when it came out).. i'd like to thank FSD because a lot of the knowledge i got from the basic mechanics for DOA5 and how it's different from the previous iterations helped me explain this game to another friend of mine in a good manner.. he only cares about the mechanics of any game and not much on the aesthetics or no matter how much fanservicey it could get, yet he was sold and he liked the extensive amount of mind reading in DOA while recognizing why it didn't work fair before (told him about DOA4 universal options for every character and hold superiority unfairness).. i don't know if we could spark a community supporting DOA but we're looking forward for some fun times with this game while taking it seriously and get good at it..
anyway, i'm maining Ayane and hopefully Bayman as well (as it's rewarding to play as another character with a completely different style and mind games).. due to a lack of time to practice because of busy schedules and not owning a console, i hope FSD could finish up on the moves list in the wiki complete with properties and hopefully some useful notes and description, similar to how some other sites did it.. for now, the character specific threads are so useful but it can get confusing since i haven't memorized all the moves and their properties/frame data..

TRI_Gero

Hi, Im Gero, Ive been playing DoA since DoA4 (it seems you dont take kindly to this game around here) and I was a Leon/Bass player (you can imagine how that went with Bass) I usually play on weekends with TRI_Mike since we live pretty close, I joined because I liked the game and I want to improve my skills since basically what I learned in DoA4 was baiting hold and reading opponents, I hope you are nice to an experienced newbie around here :3

Sora

Hi y'all. New to DoA5 and the series in general. I've been a longtime fan but never picked it up seriously up until now.

I'm also a Marvel and SC5 player (some of you might know me from 8wr). Looking to level up in this game :)

PSN: soraky

ShinJay4

Hi My name is Jesse aka ShinJay. I play DOA over there years but really never knew they did tournaments for it.
So i Started to focus more on Virtua Fighter Series and entered tournaments there.

But when i saw the some of the VF Cast coming to DOA5 was what got me back into it.
So far i love the game.

Anyone want to get games in shinjay4 on XBL

TRI Mike

Hi, Im Gero, Ive been playing DoA since DoA4 (it seems you dont take kindly to this game around here) and I was a Leon/Bass player (you can imagine how that went with Bass) I usually play on weekends with TRI_Mike since we live pretty close, I joined because I liked the game and I want to improve my skills since basically what I learned in DoA4 was baiting hold and reading opponents, I hope you are nice to an experienced newbie around here :3

Good to see you here. There are three others from Latin America around here to practice with.

Deever

Hi everyone! I've never really tried to join a community site for a specific game before, but I was referred to this one by someone back when I was at Otakon in July and since I've been enjoying DOA5 so much this past week I decided to give it a shot. Whoever it was that brought the demo version of DOA5 to Otakon on the Saturday of the con and let me take a picture with the Daniel Bryan "YES!" fightstick, thank you. I thought that was mighty cool of you, good sir.

Umm, for a quick backstory, I'm from Maryland and I've been a fan of DOA since I played DOA 2 Hardcore on PS2. Since then I've bought DOA3, DOA Ultimate, and DOA 4 and 5. Only one I've missed that I can think of is Dimensions, because I've never really seen the point of handheld fighters. I like pretty much all fighting games and buy most of them when they become available, but admittedly I'm not very good at any of them. I'm a pretty casual player and just try to enjoy myself. I don't even use a fightstick because I grew up playing games like Street Fighter with a SNES controller and Tekken with a PS1 pad, so it's just what I'm comfortable with. I'm not looking to win any tournaments or anything, just to have a good time playing with people.

Sorry if I've rambled a bit, but it's nice to meet all of you and hopefully I'll get the chance to play against at least a couple of you online some time. I mostly play games on Xbox and my tag is Deever. Feel free to send a request my way if you'd like some friendly (albeit not likely difficult) competition.

Hi I'm JKE Smoker..

I'm 23 years old from EU - The Netherlands. Been playing DOA4 online alot, did some online tournaments thanks to Allen Paris and Game Over v1 (+1 to those guys). Went to 1 offline tournament (thanks to Glyx aka JimLovesTessa) in my own country. It didn't go as I hoped but the desire to compete in DOA never left me. Now I'm back for more on DOA5.

So turns out I can have quite the temper which puts me in a bad spotlight from time to time but in the long run I think I've made more friends on DOA then "Enemies/rivals". I've watched every single video of DOA known to mankind including the tournaments and the podcasts. So I already know a little about most of you even tho I never met you.

And for those of you who care:
JKE doesn't mean anything other than a certain type of special cigs and smoker is because I smoke. Didn't pick the name myself so don't judge. I figured I'd change it but u don't know how cool it is to be called J-K-E smoker untill u tried it.

I hope to meet new players of my own level to have great games with.

Cricket

Hey, FSD. I'm Cricket – another lurker from 8WR. Nice to meet you all. My thanks to those who share their knowledge here.

...that's about all I have to say right now.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Hello I'm Gruff757 from 8WayRun, TestYourMight, and Spidermonkey3 from GFaqs.

I'm a PSN Lisa and Zack Mainer (hopefully not the only one) since DOA4 on 360

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD