New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

d3v

Signed up here because Mr. Wah quoted my article. Honestly haven't owned a copy of DOA since 2 Hardcore and only get to play 4 casually during downtime during our local stream. That said, the series has always been a guilty pleasure for me.

Tenren

lol I think its a guilty pleasure for everyone. They just had it from there friends lol, Welcome to everyone!! Also glad you joined d3v. It seems since that article DOA has been seen a lot more on SRK. I also see it slowly being accepted! So thanks!!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Signed up here because Mr. Wah quoted my article. Honestly haven't owned a copy of DOA since 2 Hardcore and only get to play 4 casually during downtime during our local stream. That said, the series has always been a guilty pleasure for me.

Which coast do you live on?

d3v

Which coast do you live on?
Far East (as in Asia, Philippines to be exact).
lol I think its a guilty pleasure for everyone. They just had it from there friends lol, Welcome to everyone!! Also glad you joined d3v. It seems since that article DOA has been seen a lot more on SRK. I also see it slowly being accepted! So thanks!!
Because unlike people over there, I'm not really a fan of how insular the various FG communities can be at times.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I don't pay much mind to the haters over on SRK, because the community is so large that even Street Fighter fans are haters amongst their own game depending on which number is at the end of the title.

That's too bad you're in Asia man, if you ever hit up the states I'll play you in some 3.1 haha.

synce

Hey I'm new here, kinda... I don't post much but I've been a member of pretty much every DOA forum from the last decade. I'm pretty good at the games but I don't count frames or anything. Tengu's my boy :)

IsshunSengeki

Hey guys, my name's IsshunSengeki. That may or may not be hard to pronounce, but I'm sure you guys will get it with practice. :p
Anyway, I'm what you could call a "casualcore" fighting game player. Basically, I know enough about the fighters I play to do somewhat well, but I don't have any tournament experience (I intend to be fixing that in the near future). My main games at the moment are SF4 AE, KOF13 and UMVC3, and I'm learning Tekken 6/Tag 2. I also plan to be getting SFxT and SC5. But that's not really important at this point, is it?
I guess I'm kinda weird. Out of my love for fighting games, I try to appreciate some of the competitive aspects of any fighter I play... for better or worse. One of the games that I think gets a (somewhat undeserved) bad rap is Dead or Alive. I mean, I had a blast playing DOA2 on my PS2, so maybe I'm kinda biased. Since I have come to appreciate the more competitive/deeper aspects of fighters, I thought of DOA as VF's crazier, flashier cousin. Of course, I felt DOA4 was kinda dumb given my (albeit somewhat limited) experience with DOA2, so at any rate, I'm glad that DOA5 at least appears to be going in the right direction.
Anyway, that's my long-winded introduction, so I look forward to talking/learning about DOA, because I know nothing about playing the game well. :D

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^You know me. I'm always down for orange soda.

Just don't get Waka Flocka as my stunt double...

Evil_Gen_Fu

Hey, guys Evil_Gen_Fu here.

It's doubtful you remember me from the DOA central days but i've always been more of a lurker.

It's good to see the old folks still into the game Virtua Pai, Berserk (the only other Australian i know here XD), Sorwah.

And cool to see some new faces as well, new to me. TagYouRPregnant i saw you with Black Mamba on stream for the soul calibur 5 event.

You have a pretty good Tira. :D

So yeah i been following freestepdodge since before it was fully up and working.

But like i said im a lurker. n__n

Im really excited for DOA 5 i opted not to pick up a 360 so i totaly missed out on DOA 4 and since im australian DOA 3.1 was my first taste of DOA so you could say that i've been lucky with my expirence with the game lol.

But i am optomistic about the new title. With the stiff competition out there (New TAG Tournament a Tag2 update just having been announced) and with the popularity tournament events are getting and the promotion it provides games. Tecmo has never had a bigger incentive to make a truely compeditive game.

I hope it go's well and to see some of you online if you have it on PS3 :)

thejackalnow

Hi, I'm Bruce.

Some months ago I finally found a DOA that works. I burned it to DVD and saved the link so I could always have it.
Recently I had to reformat my hard drive so I got my DOA DVD... every file on the DVD works but DOA.
I went to my email found the download link, to my surprise the government seized the site.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YG50VNKO

This has opened my eyes. Besides being fun and unique I wanted to use the game as reference for my next game
project, but now I would also like to make sure it always going to be on the net somewhere for others to enjoy.

If anyone could , please upload the file to a site that has not been seized yet.

Filename: setup.zip
Filesize: 611.89 MB
Description: DOA Online

Allan Paris

Hi, I'm Bruce.

Some months ago I finally found a DOA that works. I burned it to DVD and saved the link so I could always have it.
Recently I had to reformat my hard drive so I got my DOA DVD... every file on the DVD works but DOA.
I went to my email found the download link, to my surprise the government seized the site.

This has opened my eyes. Besides being fun and unique I wanted to use the game as reference for my next game
project, but now I would also like to make sure it always going to be on the net somewhere for others to enjoy.

If anyone could , please upload the file to a site that has not been seized yet.

I am confused about what you are talking about. Other than that, Welcome to FSD.

Raansu

Hi, I'm Bruce.

uh, what?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I think he's talking about DOAO (2U). Honestly, you gotta go to the Russian site since they got a new download up. Personally, I got no idea where the hell it is since I know little to no Russian, but you might find it if you look around one of the DOA wikis.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD