News on Marie Rose and the New Character Phase-4

FakeSypha

Well, Hubbs got ahead of FSD on posting this news... which is rare.

The Japanese gaming publication, Famitsu, posted a bit of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate news recently, regarding upcoming content. First up, DOA5U will be receiving a brand new fighter to the roster: a Kasumi clone created by the M.I.S.T. organization named Phase 4.

Naturally, this new combatant's fighting style is derived from Kasumi's, however, the article refers to her as a "human stealth weapon," and notes that Phase 4 may have some stealthy attacks hiding underneath her cloak.

Additionally, images of some new costumes for Marie Rose have surfaced, including a cheerleader uniform, nurse outfit, and more. Marie Rose will become available, along with her stage and 1.05 patch, as free DLC on March 25 for PlayStation 3 users, and the following day on Xbox 360. Phase 4 is only available in arcades at the moment.

Below are a few images of Phase 4 to get you started, but hit the jump to check out more.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...d-marie-rose-get-console-release-later-month/

tasan

I thought Marie comes free in the patch but her costumes come at a price for disc owners and any non-disc owners are required to pay for her.

I still remember the comment they said about not having paid dlc characters...still going to hope they adhere to that and if not at the very least hope they make her relatively cheap. (cheaper than all the other bullshit they've done with the dlc for this game).

Rawbietussin

They made that "No DLC characters promise" during in Vanilla 5 and it is a totally separate game from 5U.

Dacthunder

Another weak character to the roster and I don't care how she plays, I already have two Kasumi's who are still going o be better lol. Why don't they just make this an all female game because they continue to ignore Tengu, Genra and Raidou.I feel that if they come out with another character it would just be another female and big disappointment, it's a reason why they're free folks lol

Sgaragarru

actually Marie Rose is not that weak..maybe she's not Top Tier ok, but she can still do really good

ManekiNeko

Why don't they just make this an all female game because they continue to ignore Tengu, Genra and Raidou.

Because twenty gaymers and women would complain and they're far too important to ignore. Don't you know when one person complains they represent one billion people so that means twenty billion people would be offended by that?

http://www.2timothy42.org/Andy-Borgmann/2009/06/07/fcc-family-guy

actually Marie Rose is not that weak..maybe she's not Top Tier ok, but she can still do really good

I think that guy is referring to Phase-4. Don't you just love it when they automatically dismiss a character without even seeing any moves?

Sgaragarru

Because twenty gaymers and women would complain and they're far too important to ignore. Don't you know when one person complains they represent one billion people so that means twenty billion people would be offended by that?

http://www.2timothy42.org/Andy-Borgmann/2009/06/07/fcc-family-guy

I think that guy is referring to Phase-4. Don't you just love it when they automatically dismiss a character without even seeing any moves?

well...if Phase-4 is broken like Vanilla Alpha, we will see tons of "plz nerf her" post XD

Cake

Quite honestly I might be the only person who doesn't like said bosses. I'm glad they're not around. Raidou is just your typical mash-of-fighters (mymic) boss, and the others... well, I'm sorry but not having super-power bullcrap hitting you from the other side of the screen is part of what I like about the DoA series... I already hate the way momiji/alpha fly all over the place (well, that kinda stuff in general)...

but i'm just a scrub, what do I know. 8)

Last edited:

synce

I feel sorry for anyone who buys Phase 4 just to have 99% of players avoid him online because she's a boss and waaah. I'll pass on both characters

David Gregg

I can accept Phase 4 or whatever her name is. What I'm having a hard time believing is that they think people will actually pay for a Kasumi clone with a (most likely) minimally altered moveset or who just has a combination of the other ninjas' movesets and who wears a cloak with clown pants.

hell naw animated.gif

Last edited:

ManekiNeko

well...if Phase-4 is broken like Vanilla Alpha, we will see tons of "plz nerf her" post XD

This isn't a problem, under the contingency that they actually see her PLAY.

My problem lies in the amount of bullshit that's been spread around ALREADY about how somehow Phase-4 will automatically suck because 1) She's not Tengu and 2) She's a Kasumi clone.

If they see her play and decide to ask the company to nerf her because she's way too powerful, that's one thing but here's what I'm hearing based on nothing other than that the cloaked lady is a Kasumi clone and that she's going to be named Phase-4.

"We already have 2 Kasumi clones!"
"I demand Tengu, not another clone"
"Oh this is going to suck".

I admit I didn't play any of the other DoA games, but I don't get the love for Tengu at all. He looks like a reject from a dwarf-tossing contest, giving even Cyrano de Bergerac an inferiority complex, but I also think it's nothing short of absolute diarrhea that these people are dismissing this character simply based on mere speculation.

What I'd honestly do if I was Team Ninja is given that Marie Rose is pretty much a thinly veiled "fuck you" to the Swedes given the whole DoA Dimensions controversy, I'd teach these people a lesson they wouldn't soon forget. I'd make Tengu available if you managed to beat Survival mode as Kokoro, playing a special match with 500 opponents, then I'd unlock Tengu but I'd make it that he would have all his attacks, but they'd all do 1/2 normal damage.

This major nerf would essentially turn him into Dan from Street Fighter but it would be poetic justice.

Cake

Well I agree that Kasumi clones get old, but I don't see where's all the hate coming from. It's also understandable, considering Kasumi IS both the heroine and the flagship girl of the game. I believe it's just a matter of going on with the story.

On the other hand, I don't really have any hype for Tengu at all. I'm not asking for a realistic fighting game (LEL wouldnt that be something), but all that mambo jambo supernatural crap doesn't really suit me (or DoA imo) at all.

David Gregg

On the other hand, I don't really have any hype for Tengu at all. I'm not asking for a realistic fighting game (LEL wouldnt that be something), but all that mambo jambo supernatural crap doesn't really suit me (or DoA imo) at all.

You must be new here. lol. The Tengu argument war has been a long one here in the FSD community (whether it be pages upon pages of repetitive insults or mods threatening to close threads down b/c of how ridiculous it can get with comments being reported left and right) and it's something we try and avoid as often as possible. Supporters like me post in the Tengu threads...haters usually don't bring him up. How about we just leave it at that. ;)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD