NG2 vs. NG3RE

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Yo brute do you wanna play NGS2 trials? I have never played NG with you yet ^.^

Maybe like once for 5min lol >.>

Russian you just got to keep moving and utilize iframes, got to think on your feet btw why dont you use manual target during ninpo lol

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
easier said than done -_-
Dunno about that, i play NG everyday lol aside from NG2 cant get used to the 360 controller

For rocket launchers have you tried jumping shuriken to flying swallow? Works great

Btw why dont you just youse inferno ninpo and manually target the rocket launchers

Btw check out ninja archives, lots of legendary NG players are on that board, they can help you out

Brute

Standard Donor
Yo brute do you wanna play NGS2 trials? I have never played NG with you yet ^.^
Maybe like once for 5min lol >.>
We've actually played on a few occassions. Unfortuantely I tend to avoid online with NG2 for a few reasons:
1) The netcode makes DOA's look good in comparison
2) The co-op mode interface for online is a pain to work with
3) Most of the missions are just a collection of bosses, and I absolutely hate fighting NG2's bosses

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
We've actually played on a few occassions. Unfortuantely I tend to avoid online with NG2 for a few reasons:
1) The netcode makes DOA's look good in comparison
2) The co-op mode interface for online is a pain to work with
3) Most of the missions are just a collection of bosses, and I absolutely hate fighting NG2's bosses

Netcode is actually not that bad lol, i just play master 3 and UN1 for ngs2 xd

what about NGRE, i would love to tackle some UN missions with you

Brute, you got to use the BOTA in NGS2 it destroys all the bosses if you are up for it i can show you how deadly it is in Master 3(All Greater Fiends) and then maybe you will like fighting the bosses :)

yeah, it's the mario jump that will get you through the toughest battle in ng2.
if you have trouble with ninjas, use claws lv2 claws flying swallow to izuna drop combo.

best moves of each weapon

dragon sword, XXY>Y, YYY, XXXY
staff, XXY, auto aim jump XXY izuna drop (works best on scorpions and magicians), onlanding 360 UT
claws, flying swallow X Y izuna drop (only works on humans), XXYY, >Y, XX>XYYY, 360Y
scythe, air XY, 360Y normal 360Y, YYY, UT, >Y grab on human enemies, flying swallow grab on human enemies
flail, >Y (YXXXY izuna drop), 360Y shuriken cancel
kusari gama, >XX, air YXY, 360YYY, XYYYYY, running Y, > hold Y or X hold Y grab on human enemies

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
yeah, it's the mario jump that will get you through the toughest battle in ng2.
if you have trouble with ninjas, use claws lv2 claws flying swallow to izuna drop combo.

staff, XXY, auto aim jump XXY izuna drop, onlanding 360 UT
claws, flying swallow X Y izuna drop, XXYY, >Y, XX>XYYY, 360Y
scythe, air XY, 360Y normal 360Y, YYY, UT, >Y grab on human enemies
kusari gama, >XX, air YXY, 360YYY, XYYYYY, running Y, > hold Y or X hold Y grab on human enemies

don't forget the >XXX for staff that move is a beast!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
For rocket launchers have you tried jumping shuriken to flying swallow? Works great

Btw why dont you just youse inferno ninpo and manually target the rocket launchers

wouldnt be an issue if it wasnt for the goddam rocket pod soldiers spawning way out of my range. then when i try to hit them with ninpo Ryu does a 180 spin targeting the tactical ninjas wasting my goddam ninpo.

<_<

the surefire way to beat rocket launchers is to jump AROUND them as you get closer to them, then once you are close enough, you either wait for them to fire rocket so you can attack them while they are in recovery time, or you throw shurikens to stun them and then kill them.

if you can't reach them because they are on another ledge or something, yeah you pretty much have to use arrows or inferno. taking cover don't work very well because if you try to peek out of cover, you will get shot in the face.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
it starts auto targeting the closest thing, you then have to manually target the who you actually want to hit. which means if it auto targets whats behind me i have to slowly turn around to hit my real target.

Brute

Standard Donor
staff, XXY, auto aim jump XXY izuna drop (works best on scorpions and magicians), onlanding 360 UT
claws, flying swallow X Y izuna drop (only works on humans), XXYY, >Y, XX>XYYY, 360Y
scythe, air XY, 360Y normal 360Y, YYY, UT, >Y grab on human enemies, flying swallow grab on human enemies
Some you forgot:
Scythe: >Y(360 spin)YXY (River styx drop with huge iframes)
Lunar Staff: Running Y (Great de-limb for large enemies like canon zombies)
Tonfas: XX>XY (Flower Garland Drop)
Blade of the Archfiend: XY(Hold)YYYY, >Y
Vigoorian Flail: >JumpYYYYY, XXX (use only first 3 hits to dispatch of Ghost fish)
Falcon's Talons: X+A (the claws are exceptionally good at recovering from a failed guillotine throw by re-tracking with their in air XXXY Izuna)

ah I forgot tonfa and bota, no wonder I felt I was missing something.

vf's hot rod flying swallow is not as useful because it has almost 0 iframes compare to regular flying swallow. it's good to use against dogs, but if you are up against rocket launchers or IS ninjas, they are going to shoot you off the sky.
for scythe, I already mentioned >Y, the styx is an extension of it, too bad it's doesn't work against scorpions.
for tonfa, garland drop is cool, but the real gold of this weapon is in the heavenly justice cancel. this is where the huge iframes come in. from running X or running Y, stone breaker, X or XX or XX>Y, you can HJ cancel into so much more. you can even HJ cancel a garland drop into another garland drop for an infinite combo.
BOTA's underworld drop takes too many hits to launch the enemy so you will get hit out of it a lot. this weapon is mostly limited for 4 moves, YYYY, >XYY (running YY), 360Y, and izuna drop (XY, >Y, and YY>Y to launch)

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
ah I forgot tonfa and bota, no wonder I felt I was missing something.

vf's hot rod flying swallow is not as useful because it has almost 0 iframes compare to regular flying swallow. it's good to use against dogs, but if you are up against rocket launchers or IS ninjas, they are going to shoot you off the sky.
for scythe, I already mentioned >Y, the styx is an extension of it, too bad it's doesn't work against scorpions.
for tonfa, garland drop is cool, but the real gold of this weapon is in the heavenly justice cancel. this is where the huge iframes come in. from running X or running Y, stone breaker, X or XX or XX>Y, you can HJ cancel into so much more. you can even HJ cancel a garland drop into another garland drop for an infinite combo.
BOTA's underworld drop takes too many hits to launch the enemy so you will get hit out of it a lot. this weapon is mostly limited for 4 moves, YYYY, >XYY (running YY), 360Y, and izuna drop (XY, >Y, and YY>Y to launch)

You forgot XXXXY into 360Y for Bota its really good, especially against stunned bosses

oh yeah, just remembered now, the most important move of BOTA is definitely > hold Y.
damn, how could I forget this! haven't played the game for too long.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Am I the only one who thinks in terms of graphics and view NG3 looks so much more different than NGRE

the most noticeable thing for me is that NG3 looks more zoomed in

wLdemM6.png

EzUanJu.png

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD