Nioh General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Dont get your hopes up too high about the story or character development in a Team Ninja game

Regarding the multiple character skins, apparently you buy them from the teahouse.
"The secret teahouse from the beta demo is an online shop (sort of)- you can buy special items using points you gain from playing online"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/74745941

Hopefully, "playing online" doesn't require PS+ . Id also like to know how you earn those points. Hopefully its from fighting revenants and not other people in PVP.
It is most likely tied to co-op, not any sort of PvP. As far as I know, there is no proper PvP in it.

DyByHands

Hopefully, "playing online" doesn't require PS+ . Id also like to know how you earn those points. Hopefully its from fighting revenants and not other people in PVP.

This.
But, I hope "playing online" doesn"t mean navigating the psn storefront for purchasing nioh points or some crap. The term online shop is scary coming from these folks.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That Engrish is on point ahahaha. For the second link, reminds me of JoJo's character's Engrish and Sengoku Basara Masamune Date's version.

Can't wait for NiOh.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Get your magnifying glasses out, Famitsu released new postal stamps that show some new Nioh characters:

C1zDjblUUAA035D.jpg:orig

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So it looks like Tadakatsu has a deer spirit, Yukimura has a tiger spirit, and Magoichi(?) has a bird spirit?

Assuming those are the actual people too. We'll have to wait till February to find out.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They're staying close to the Warriors franchise depictions of the characters, it seems. That is definitely Magoichi, too. Cool characters. Can't wait to beat them up and take their spirits like an evil twist on Pokemon. I mean, that's how it has to happen, right?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
some people are saying the red guy might Naomasa Li. he also wears a lot of red and is portrayed as being a bit wild. fun fact also the adopted son of our newest character.

SoftCabbage

Top left guy: Honda Tadakatsu
Bottom middle guy: Ii Naomasa (it's I not L, ffs)
Upper right guy: Saika Magoichi

Flies away

Sotherius

One thing i noticed, is how hair is better implemented in NiOH than other team ninja made titles, and how there isn't any noticeable clipping on clothings... I really do hope that those improvements appear in future TN games as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD