Nioh General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I intend to get to it as soon as I can. May be right after work tomorrow but I don't make as much time for gaming as I used to.

Brute

Standard Donor
No way I'm watching that trailer. Fuck spoilers.

But did I read the patch notes correctly? A new difficulty? Hell yes! Time to replay the game again!

Out of curiosity, are they adding the nodachi to the main game? As in, if a start a new game, can I find random nodachi drops in the early levels?

Also, "Change the order of forging so that it is always in a specific order, not the order in which the recipe was obtained "
-Nice.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Oh man, I have a shit ton of Glory that can buy maybe like 3 of them. I can buy Okatsu if need be, but it's weird how she costs more (though just incase they are not free).

Damn, no Yuki-onna skin. Ah well.

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Out of curiosity, are they adding the nodachi to the main game? As in, if a start a new game, can I find random nodachi drops in the early levels?

The notes say it's available from the beginning… I think they mean the beginning of the game and not the DLC.

Was hoping for a proper translation of the notes, but nothing so far, so here is what I could gather:
The required Amrita to Level Up will no longer cap at 10 million per level from level 233 onwards and they will also rescale existing characters, so all 750 characters will probably go down to 350-400 or something. I think they used a maxed out char in the stream and the level up cost 680,000,000 Amrita… even with the new content it's probably a lot harder to hit the Level Cap again. They will offer a free respec if you are affected, but I just downleveled to 233 before the Patch just to be safe.

I wonder what they will do for the new difficulty. Patch Notes indicate some buffs to Bosses and their AI. I hope the do at least some enemy re-shuffling and higher resistances. I think increased attack speed across the board would be neat, or some Devil Trigger stuff, if you don't kill them fast enough.

Seems TN also implemented some Quality of Life stuff people asked for:
  • I think they remove the "all” tab from the sell menu, so people can no longer sell all their stuff by accident
  • Looks like you can opt-out of the confirmation dialog window, if you buy skills
  • skill tables now wrap around (pressing down while at the bottom moves cursor to the top etc)
  • well and the option to make equipment presets
Also caps for Dash/Dodge Ki reduction. I still think the ability to cross inherit stats that are unique to specific armor pieces (like attack on gloves) was an oversight, so that might be next on the chopping block.

Support for this game has been pretty impressive so far.

Brute

Standard Donor
I wouldn't be surprised if bosses are accompanied by regular mook enemies in the new difficulty. Not too keen on that, but it beats Devil Trigger-like mechanics, which I've never liked.

Not sure about the new leveling system. In general I want end-game builds nerfed, but they're not really addressing those things (for example, I'd do away with infinite living weapon builds, Daiba-Washi spam and anything involving Sloth). Guess I'll see how it goes.

Brute

Standard Donor
Bad news: The female characters are, indeed, all 90,000 Glory (save Okatsu, who is 120,000).
You can now have two Guardian Spirits active at a time. Weird decision but whatever.
They also nerfed the shit out of the single sword's Square parry (presumably for PvP). This makes it an even worse revenant killer than before, so I guess it'll be kusari-gama all the time, now.
Can't find the nodachi anywhere, which likely means it's only available to those who have downloaded the new DLC.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I bought 3 of them. Missing like 7000+ Glory to get Fuku. The skin is basically the same thing as the other ones. Looks weird to see the characters retaining the William running and animation.

I noticed they removed some of the DAMAGE FROM BEHIND weapon traits (got replaced with DEFENSE FROM BEHIND). There's even new ones such as DAMAGE TO SKELETON WARRIOR, PARRY VS DEFENSE (blah blah here), WEAKEN MELEE WEAPONS etc.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Luckily I had a lot just by killing revenants through missions during the first playthrough awhile back. I've never really spent Glory even during the second playthrough.

ShinobiGuy

So much glory! That sucks. I'm super hyped for being able to play as a female, I usually prefer female characters to male, but I have probably less than 10 000 glory now, and I'm not looking forward to farm more.
I find it stupid they nerf the end game builds, if people wanna get OP, let them. Personally I ended at lvl 160 or so, I don't manage to just farm around, it gets boring after awhile. Looking forward to getting into the game again though!

just_me

Standard Donor
Looks like the wrong Patch was distributed in the US/EU v1.07. Seems it caused crashes and save corruption so make sure to Update to 1.08 before playing the DLC and still back up your save. I got my Patch from the HK PSN and had no issues so far (even tried some of the stuff that caused issues for others and could not replicate)

Also the female skins are cheaper!!!
But they are still 70k and 100k respectively :p

To no ones surpise PvP seems to be a mess, though I guess only time will tell how much of an issue it really is (I mean there are a lot of new rollable stats and stuff)

EDIT: Apparently the game now has a real level cap… 400. You can no longer buy attribute points till all attributes are maxed (which happens at Lvl 750)

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I heard you can yield good glory off PvP but not sure if it's even true and haven't tested yet. I'm sucked into the DLC region at the moment.

ShinobiGuy

OK, bad memory, I was lvl 191 and had 40000 glory. So a little less grinding luckily. I only have 3 female skins? All at 70000 glory. Where's the 100000 one?

Sotherius

So... PVP gives you a lot of glory, between 1.5k and 2k each time you win.... the catch is, if you win...

matches go fast, so that is nice. the problem the online is awful, the enemy is swinging 20 meters from you and you are getting hit, is insane...

secret word pvp doesn't give you rewards...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Bought the Season Pass but currently waiting for PSN to get this update downloaded. I might be able to play tonight. Maybe. Goddamn Sony.

EDIT: This shit is still going almost an hour later. I can download entire games on my Xbox or PC in the amount of time this one relatively small patch has taken.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Been playing on Path of the Strong, and I seem to be terribly underleveled/geared. Everything kills me in one hit and it takes a few weeks of chopping to kill every enemy.

I'm having a blast (no sarcasm).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm playing on the normal difficulty because I never did any leveling up beyond the main story. I think I'm like level 150? Had some difficulty with the first story mission, but I'm not sure how much of that was due to using only the odachi (which I don't like much). I only died one time on it and it's because I fell off a cliff into water and William forgot how to swim while saving Japan. I got the Mystic Arts for the odachi and immediately switched back to dual katana. So yeah. The mission design is excellent though I'm not a huge fan of the new enemies.

I'm just really happy I'm playing new Nioh content, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD