Nioh General Discussion

Puño de Leyenda

It's going to be a long wait until February...

I hear ya....but it will be well worth it! :)

Too many games I want coming out late 2016/early 2017.

Early 2017 is stacked! In January there's Resident Evil 7 and in February:

NieR: Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5

All look to be amazing, however, with Nioh coming out in February...that takes precedence over all the other games! All those others will have to wait until some other time because this is definitely one of, if not the most interesting, fun and rewarding games that I have ever played ...and it's not even done yet!

Puño de Leyenda

So there's a lot of great info and changes coming to the game from the Nioh Developer stream at TGS!:

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product

"Nioh balancing toward final product
Notes while watching the stage event today 9/16 at TGS.

Today at TGS they talked over the points they are focused on for the final product.

They ensured people they want to keep the game hard and will not sacrifice that vision.

Rebalancing to ensure game difficulty is hard but not artificially hard
Adjust levelling up parameters to ensure game doesn’t get too easy too fast
Improve the UI, it’s still too hard to use in several parts
Bows and Guns will use TPS controls. L to aim, R2 to shoot, etc.
Add in more samurai skills, particularly adding more options to how to knock down an enemies Ki so players can come up with more original ways to play
Fixing enemy knock back, chase AI, group AI, etc.
Adjusting weight of armor, right now if it’s too heavy it’s just plain unusable
In twilight stages the bosses will no longer have small enemies added it’ll just be a much harder boss with new motions as well (YAY!)
Fixing issue on falling off cliffs, etc. as that was not supposed to be severe but was
Rebalancing enemy attacks (some weak looking guys hit hard, some big guys hit light so they will fix that)
Expand items pouch from 200 to 500
Fix item drop rare so you stop getting TONS of crap you don’t need
Fix reforging, it was too easy to make a god weapon and that robbed players from being able to enjoy progression and difficulty
Adjust remnant rules for drops as it was too easy to get overpowered items in the beta
Item that will let players respec their character (YAY!)
Better UI
More Tutorials
Fix camera behaviour in areas of inclines or tight spots it did not react well
Improve enemy AI for handling co-op
Let players skip boss kill cut-scenes in co-op
Allow payers to turn the auto camera movement ON or OFF
Make sure no frame rate dips

They said they will announce this info on the website later today."

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I'm worried mooks are going to get nerfed into oblivion at this rate. Artificial Difficulty is the "spamming" of action games, you know if a player ever says it they have no fucking clue what they're actually doing.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Looks like the actual date's been revealed:

Csil_B5s_Uk_AEUPby.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They announced that earlier in the week. Were they hiding it on the display or something?

Brute

Standard Donor
Good. Open world sucks.

"Inspired by masocore"

*sigh*

"In my mind, the game shouldn't change into a different thing just because it's in different regions. I do respect if it's a religious matter, or if it's different expressions of sexuality. I think the expressions could be different, how we express the game could vary."

*sigh*

Overall looks good, though I'm a bit concerned not seeing anything about custom control mapping.

Play-Asia has a limited edition version upcoming. Wonder if we'll get something similar or same?
http://www.play-asia.com/nioh-limited-edition-japanese/13/709wot
What's in this version?

Thank God that changed.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Open world does generally not work well with me so I'm happy they've consciously avoided it. The reasons for doing so are perfect as well. That whole 'we're not servants' bit was incredibly nice to read considering the amount of feedback they've been asking for (and receiving). It means they're comfortable hearing what people have to say and then still designing it their way. Nobody guided them on making Ninja Gaiden/Black, the greatest action titles ever conceived, so I have faith in them. That bit about the Battle of Sekigahara is particularly interesting to me. We haven't really seen anything resembling a setpiece from this game yet so I'm curious as to how that'll be handled.

Very excited for this game.

Puño de Leyenda

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD