Nioh General Discussion

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I finally -Spoilers-

Finally beat that dipshit Mitsunari Ishida with fists naked and no damage. I get one shotted by that damn grab without any armor lol

I should upload my fail crash attempt at Yuki-onna.

EDIT: Here we go, it was a failed attempt but it was a good run.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I finished the main story, which was fanstastic, and have been rewarded with an abundance of post-game content. The game never ceases to amaze me.

However, I just go the "Dunball Roller" trophy after nearly an hour of farming. What a pointless pain in the ass.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I finished the main story, which was fanstastic, and have been rewarded with an abundance of post-game content. The game never ceases to amaze me.

However, I just go the "Dunball Roller" trophy after nearly an hour of farming. What a pointless pain in the ass.

I finished it as well. Are you going for the New Game+? I've already done the first mission on it (which you get a shit ton of Amrita by the way.)

Brute

Standard Donor
I finished it as well. Are you going for the New Game+? I've already done the first mission on it (which you get a shit ton of Amrita by the way.)
I plan to, but I haven't jumped into it yet because I still have some side missions and whatnot to complete in the regular mode.

ShinobiGuy

Doing last side mission in the first region now. Closing in on lvl 50. I love this game!
So much loot though, difficult to decide what to keep. Trying to stay in the green while still having a decent defense.
I really like that you can change the appearance of your gear, the ninja outfit is one of my favs and I was sad thinking I'd have to abondon it for higher rated equipment. Not anymore :)

Edit: another side mission popped up....

Edit 2: man I kept being just too late on dodging that quick draw in the duel. Annoying. But new region here I come!

Edit 3: Mines ;-( I know what's coming.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Man, disguises are fun.
Hanzo and Oda, FTW

Any tips on the "A Meeting on the Other Shore" mission? I believe it's the last non-Twilight mission I have to complete.
I'm not sure who to go after first. Yuki-onna is the far more deadly of the two and seems to bee more fleshy. But as he health go down her attacks get more brutal, particularly with regard to the dash impale. Oda by comparison is a joke, but if I focus on him I tend to get crushed by blizzards from an unhindered Yuki-onna.

Sotherius

Ok, so far it is clear that they clearly toned down the difficulty.

Which i guess is a downer, but not nearly enough to matter, the game is still challenging and fun, and the combat is awesome as always, it feels just so good to play this, i'm happy.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The Twilight fight against Umi-bozu really tested my patience last night. The fight is absurdly easy but I fell into the damn holes on the platform like three times and it insta-lasered me as soon as I went through the door once haha. This game, man.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
that frog boss kicked my ass all day then when i finally beat him i lose all the amrita i earned in the next level. im so glad i dont get angry or have anger problems because i know someone like that and he would probably not have a TV if this happened to him

that was seriously th hardest time ive had with a boss in the full game thank god i learned about what the actual ki pulse buffs do before.

Brute

Standard Donor
Can anyone explain how the (+1) system on Mystic equipment works? The in-game descriptions aren't too clear.

Alchemist

that frog boss kicked my ass all day then when i finally beat him i lose all the amrita i earned in the next level. im so glad i dont get angry or have anger problems because i know someone like that and he would probably not have a TV if this happened to him

that was seriously th hardest time ive had with a boss in the full game thank god i learned about what the actual ki pulse buffs do before.
really i just beat him yesterday and thought he was probably the easiest so far he was really squishy

Brute

Standard Donor
Joro-Gumo is the easiest boss, no contest. I'm not entirely convinced she can even has attacks, since her AI never uses them.

Alchemist

So im on the mission "The Defiled Castle" and its level 87 and i am only level 71. Can somebody please tell me how they farmed amrita to catch up in levels at this point in the game?

Brute

Standard Donor
So im on the mission "The Defiled Castle" and its level 87 and i am only level 71. Can somebody please tell me how they farmed amrita to catch up in levels at this point in the game?
I never had to farm for amrita. I just completed every side quest as they appeared and always chose the amrita kodama blessing in each region.

Then again, I have no idea how my level corresponded to the levels I was doing, as I never cared to check it.

Alchemist

I never had to farm for amrita. I just completed every side quest as they appeared and always chose the amrita kodama blessing in each region.

Then again, I have no idea how my level corresponded to the levels I was doing, as I never cared to check it.

I see. I'm just hoping i won't have to grind like 30 more levels to beat the game cause i did see some of the last missions were pretty high up there. Guess i'll just keep doing what i'm doing since i've been under leveled the whole time anyway.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I see. I'm just hoping i won't have to grind like 30 more levels to beat the game cause i did see some of the last missions were pretty high up there. Guess i'll just keep doing what i'm doing since i've been under leveled the whole time anyway.

You don't need to grind. I never once grinded and am getting by fine.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
really i just beat him yesterday and thought he was probably the easiest so far he was really squishy

He's squishy but he hits like a tank. I could get his health low just fine, but he would always zone me out then while I'm distracted trying to avoid his projectiles hit me from the behind the smoke.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD