Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Yuffie

Regarding Leifang, she was number 9 but as mentioned earlier she got outvoted when they showed what the current votes were.
Helena was 10 and Tina 11. So even tho Leifangs VA wasn't available, supposedly people made JP accounts and voted for Helena.
And those themes were $3 or 300 yen. So people had to buy JP PSN credit which can be expensive to buy or a pain to get.

I also didn't know activity dlc was in the works. No wonder it's barren.

Lastly, i think the Vita prevented the cut 6 from making it in. It probably couldn't handle 15 characters, but I'm sure the PS4 can.
Plus they probably didn't want to spend on development costs too much.

when you talk about how many girls the device can handle I think that's just an excuse that the Devs made because the most girls on the screen at one time is 4 nothing more, shouldn't make a difference if they had 20 girls but only 4 show on it at one time. And not adding the game modes from DOAX2 just shows how uncommitted they were with doax3. Hoping doax4 has more content from previous games.

UpSideDownGRUNT

If this the case, then DOAX3's DLC was even more frustrating cuz while skimpy bikinis were nice(though annoying to get without paying $$) I was always holding out for new modes since volleyball and pool skipping was getting boring.

when you talk about how many girls the device can handle I think that's just an excuse that the Devs made because the most girls on the screen at one time is 4 nothing more, shouldn't make a difference if they had 20 girls but only 4 show on it at one time.
This still takes up disc/memcard space though, Vita players probably don't want a Vita game that is huge especially with how expensive the storage is...

And not adding the game modes from DOAX2 just shows how uncommitted they were with doax3. Hoping doax4 has more content from previous games.
If I recall, Hayashi mentioned they cut jet skis because it was unplayable mess and they couldn't get it to play good or something no idea why water slide didn't come back though.

And DOAX4 or whatever needs to be an actual game... they can add all the bikinis and sexually suggestive gravures/poses they want but if they make it a f2p voyeur scam like Venus Vacation then I'll take a hard pass.

All good points. Last time I checked the vita's version of the game was around 3-4gb? which isn't much. But I still think some of the stuff they told the public are just excuses. Pretty sure Venus vacation is just a cash grab and won't last 3+ years till they turn off the servers. It's just to gather lots of cash and seems to be doing good. Sad to see them taking the re-color and sell as a new swimsuit route. But what ever comes first ps4 or vita emulation probably vita. I'm sure people will heavily mod it. And that might make it abit more bearable and might add some missing characters depending on what's mod able.
Also they could of had content exclusive to the ps4 version if there was an issue with having certain content on the PS Vita

otnesse

Honoka and Marie Rose aren't frenemies. People take the English dub version of their tag pose and think Marie Rose hates her or is jealous when they obviously haven't seen the Japanese translation angle to see why she reacted the way she did xD
Actually, I was going more by DOAXVV and some episodes involving them for the "frenemy" bit, not the whole tag team intro from DOA5LR. There were a few instances in that game that indicated that Marie Rose isn't exactly too fond with Honoka. I think the final main episode had Marie Rose whining that the Owner was paying more attention to Honoka than to her.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Actually, I was going more by DOAXVV and some episodes involving them for the "frenemy" bit, not the whole tag team intro from DOA5LR. There were a few instances in that game that indicated that Marie Rose isn't exactly too fond with Honoka. I think the final main episode had Marie Rose whining that the Owner was paying more attention to Honoka than to her.
I think that's more pertaining to Marie Rose just wanting attention. I don't think she hates Honoka but she probably does have a bit if tension between her since Honoka is more developed than she is. It also could be a funny allusion to how Marie Rose is the most popular girl but Honoka isn't too far behind and could one day even overtake Marie Rose although I cant see that happening for a while xD

otnesse

If this the case, then DOAX3's DLC was even more frustrating cuz while skimpy bikinis were nice(though annoying to get without paying $$) I was always holding out for new modes since volleyball and pool skipping was getting boring.

This still takes up disc/memcard space though, Vita players probably don't want a Vita game that is huge especially with how expensive the storage is...

If I recall, Hayashi mentioned they cut jet skis because it was unplayable mess and they couldn't get it to play good or something no idea why water slide didn't come back though.

And DOAX4 or whatever needs to be an actual game... they can add all the bikinis and sexually suggestive gravures/poses they want but if they make it a f2p voyeur scam like Venus Vacation then I'll take a hard pass.

What really doesn't make much sense is that Paradise had zero problem with character rosters despite being on a PSP game (heck, if anything, they ADDED a new girl there).

My personal annoyance with DOAX3 (besides obviously cutting out six of the girls or that its activities were barren, or that we're cheated out of DLC) is that they cut out character interactions between two different girls, whether it be recruitment cutscenes or, heck, even be friendly gravures. We're left with literally no development on that front. Say what you will about Xtreme Venus Vacation and its flaws, at least THAT brought back actual character interactions between two or more girls.

Yeah, it was, alongside character DLC apparently. At least, the Dengeki PlayStation interview with Hayashi indicated such was the case here:

https://twitter.com/no96black/status/708590195734552576

Jadeinchains

It is sad how much more potential X3 had for more girls, accessories, jetskis etc that just didnt happen...probably because of the whole tickets thing, I wish they'd just done it like doa5's paid psn dlc from the start.

At this point I'd say we all know Doax3U is just not happening but I at aleast hope that when we get a full console sequel with X4 that they do that and It works. And has all the girls.

Also I still think of Niki ever getting into a doax game.

otnesse

It is sad how much more potential X3 had for more girls, accessories, jetskis etc that just didnt happen...probably because of the whole tickets thing, I wish they'd just done it like doa5's paid psn dlc from the start.

At this point I'd say we all know Doax3U is just not happening but I at aleast hope that when we get a full console sequel with X4 that they do that and It works. And has all the girls.

Also I still think of Niki ever getting into a doax game.

We'll see. Let's be fair, they haven't announced DOA6, yet (and they would have at least given a teaser from TGS 2017 if they were going to do it).

hardseppo

If last years NeoGAF pre-E3 rumor was true, they are working on Ninja Gaiden 4 right now. Well, we'll see in a month (as it was rumored to be a Microsoft funded title).

otnesse

They will, they're probably just not ready to show anything right now

That's why I said they would have shown a teaser by now (and I wasn't even thinking of gameplay teasers, just a cool graphic/animation that then shows the title). Let me put it another way: Nintendo isn't ready to show anything regarding Metroid Prime 4 yet, but we definitely know they're working on it because they showed a teaser for the game during E3 last year, around the same time Metroid: Samus Returns got announced in fact. I can also remind you that Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation only had one teaser back in TGS 2016, and had no news at all for such a length of time that some people actually assumed it had been cancelled until we got some gameplay footage by next TGS. If they don't have any gameplay footage, they can always show a teaser indicating that, yes, it is in fact in development.

Jadeinchains

Give me DOA6 or give me death tbh. They need to give us a reveal/announcement soon, Even the idea of waiting until September for TGS feels so long away. Not to mention this forum will get so busy again too when it's revealed. We probably won't get DOAX4 either I'm guessing until after DOA6 comes out and then DOAX4 will use the models etc from DOA6 so that both have updated models.

As for right now though we have the chances between a DOAX3U which seems very unlikely at this point and DOAXVV continuing to be supported for who knows how long, I just really hope that the missing girls start to get added. ( surely that would be easier than a new character right since they'd just need to update their model from DOA5LR? )

Also I finally want Lisa in a new DOAX game, And lol If they add every other missing girl but her...
tumblr_inline_p8mafkijB01rrnfm3_250.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not sure if DOA6 will be shown at TGS but I honestly want TN to take their time. I want a complete game, I dont want a DOA6 plus a portable version and then an Ultimate version and then a LAST ROUND version they did to to add in things they should have had from the start, and then a Xtreme game and browser game that has even more things they could have added in xD

I rather they take their time and make a solid game then rush a half assed product. These "fans" who left FSD and dropped DOA just cuz a DOA6 wasn't announced when they wanted it can wait, it just shows in my eyes that they weren't truly genuine fans to begin with, abandoning ship just because something isn't getting support anymore seems a bit fake imo. DOA5LR is still here, it may not be getting anymore new DLC or patches but that doesn't mean the game is dead. Same with X3 and Venus Vacation, they should be happy since this is ultimately helping fund DOA6 in the long run. TN can't just pull a DOA6 out of nowhere, making models and stages and music(I hope itll be darker this time around <3) isn't free XD If that was the case KOF would have long made a XIV and MK would have long since made a 9th game, but these ungrateful fans don't seem to understand that game development is costly

Jadeinchains

I'm not sure if DOA6 will be shown at TGS but I honestly want TN to take their time. I want a complete game, I dont want a DOA6 plus a portable version and then an Ultimate version and then a LAST ROUND version they did to to add in things they should have had from the start, and then a Xtreme game and browser game that has even more things they could have added in xD

I rather they take their time and make a solid game then rush a half assed product. These "fans" who left FSD and dropped DOA just cuz a DOA6 wasn't announced when they wanted it can wait, it just shows in my eyes that they weren't truly genuine fans to begin with, abandoning ship just because something isn't getting support anymore seems a bit fake imo. DOA5LR is still here, it may not be getting anymore new DLC or patches but that doesn't mean the game is dead. Same with X3 and Venus Vacation, they should be happy since this is ultimately helping fund DOA6 in the long run. TN can't just pull a DOA6 out of nowhere, making models and stages and music(I hope itll be darker this time around <3) isn't free XD If that was the case KOF would have long made a XIV and MK would have long since made a 9th game, but these ungrateful fans don't seem to understand that game development is costly

The thing with that Is that Doa5 was a complete game, It was just that a year later they came out with an expansion with even more content, Same with Last Round. As for X3 and VV they are totally different games than DOA5 so It makes sense they'd have other stuff that 5 didn't. So when Doa6 comes out I'm sure It will be a complete game whether or not later on it gets an expansion with more stuff in it.

And I know what you mean somewhat about the fans but at the same time It's understandable since It has been so long since anything doa6 related has been shown so it makes sense that some people wouldn't come to the forum as often and are waiting for something about doa6 to be announced.

otnesse

I'm willing to wait however long we need to to get a DOA6, but they do need to at least give a hint that they're actually making it. If they don't announce it at TGS 2018, or DOAFES 2018, or heck, even E3 2018 as unlikely as that's going to be, I doubt we're going to get it anytime soon (and believe me, even games that generally don't report much on its development at least have some hint that they are developing it like a teaser announcement like they did with Metroid Prime 4. And we've barely got much news on it anyways, just that it is going to be on the Switch, might be made by Namco, and possibly might have some online elements). I mean, come on, even Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation got a teaser back in 2016 and thus we knew it was being made from that, and we didn't get ANY news on that front until... what? TGS 2017, especially not in terms of gameplay or what it entails other than it being a browser game version of the Xtreme games?

I don't expect for them to show gameplay at this point in time, or even the characters. Just a title would have sufficed. And believe me, if I'm willing to wait however long for Metroid Prime 4 to be released even when I know literally nothing about what the product entails other than it possibly involving the aftermath of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Metroid Prime: Federation Forces, I can most certainly wait for Dead or Alive 6 with minimal announcements as long as I at least know they're making it, take the time they need within reason (I wouldn't want it to turn out like Metal Gear Solid V, though... there's rush jobs and then there's taking so long with development that you basically made it incomplete despite having over a decade to work on it.).

And quite frankly, we're OWED a DOAX3U after the botch-up they did with Xtreme 3. Xtreme Venus Vacation improved in some areas, but even that's not enough, especially not if they want to implement the six girls they cut out (and while one might make the case for, say, Lisa, Christie, and even Mila being unpopular, I fail to see how Tina and Leifang would qualify as being unpopular even in Japan, or heck, even Rachel, who literally was added in via fan request), to say very little about the very stale amount of activities in-game.

The thing with that Is that Doa5 was a complete game, It was just that a year later they came out with an expansion with even more content, Same with Last Round. As for X3 and VV they are totally different games than DOA5 so It makes sense they'd have other stuff that 5 didn't. So when Doa6 comes out I'm sure It will be a complete game whether or not later on it gets an expansion with more stuff in it.

Yeah, though I wouldn't call X3 a "complete game", especially not when X3 pretty much gutted a whole lot of the features that the prior Xtreme games had that made them popular, and worse, they even seemed to silently cancel DLC plans for them that would have included said features. And XVV doesn't have much gameplay (though that being said, it beats X3 in that it at least has actual interactions between various characters, and they've toned down the Owner interactions there instead of making X3 an overglorified sleazy voyeurfest, something that even Itagaki would not have approved of).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

And I know what you mean somewhat about the fans but at the same time It's understandable since It has been so long since anything doa6 related has been shown so it makes sense that some people wouldn't come to the forum as often and are waiting for something about doa6 to be announced.
Yeah I mean like I understand if players want a new DOA because believe me I want one too, but we also gotta be patient as well, my biggest fear is a rushed sequel or sequel to X3 that requires multiple versions to make a full package. That's why I sometimes panic when i see people on Twitter keep asking for DOA6 since I don't want them rushing it xD
I'm willing to wait however long we need to to get a DOA6, but they do need to at least give a hint that they're actually making it. If they don't announce it at TGS 2018, or DOAFES 2018, or heck, even E3 2018 as unlikely as that's going to be, I doubt we're going to get it anytime soon (and believe me, even games that generally don't report much on its development at least have some hint that they are developing it like a teaser announcement like they did with Metroid Prime 4. And we've barely got much news on it anyways, just that it is going to be on the Switch, might be made by Namco, and possibly might have some online elements). I mean, come on, even Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation got a teaser back in 2016 and thus we knew it was being made from that, and we didn't get ANY news on that front until... what? TGS 2017, especially not in terms of gameplay or what it entails other than it being a browser game version of the Xtreme games?

I don't expect for them to show gameplay at this point in time, or even the characters. Just a title would have sufficed. And believe me, if I'm willing to wait however long for Metroid Prime 4 to be released even when I know literally nothing about what the product entails other than it possibly involving the aftermath of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Metroid Prime: Federation Forces, I can most certainly wait for Dead or Alive 6 with minimal announcements as long as I at least know they're making it, take the time they need within reason (I wouldn't want it to turn out like Metal Gear Solid V, though... there's rush jobs and then there's taking so long with development that you basically made it incomplete despite having over a decade to work on it.).

And quite frankly, we're OWED a DOAX3U after the botch-up they did with Xtreme 3. Xtreme Venus Vacation improved in some areas, but even that's not enough, especially not if they want to implement the six girls they cut out (and while one might make the case for, say, Lisa, Christie, and even Mila being unpopular, I fail to see how Tina and Leifang would qualify as being unpopular even in Japan, or heck, even Rachel, who literally was added in via fan request), to say very little about the very stale amount of activities in-game.

Yeah, though I wouldn't call X3 a "complete game", especially not when X3 pretty much gutted a whole lot of the features that the prior Xtreme games had that made them popular, and worse, they even seemed to silently cancel DLC plans for them that would have included said features. And XVV doesn't have much gameplay (though that being said, it beats X3 in that it at least has actual interactions between various characters, and they've toned down the Owner interactions there instead of making X3 an overglorified sleazy voyeurfest, something that even Itagaki would not have approved of).
Yeah. I feel like X3 wasn't a complete game, the browser based Venus vacation was what it took for them to really make it complete XD but even that was a bit meh since its only made for Japanese players and western players need to jump through hurdles and such to play it, is there even a translation for it yet? XD

Jadeinchains

Tamaki still looks awesome! Havent been to interested in this latest gacha but hopefully the next one I will be.

And yeah we definitely need some kind of hint at least from TN about what's happening with doa6. Also I wouldn't worry about it being rushed, I dont think TN would do that, also surely they could have been secretly working on it for a while now in the background while doa5 was doing its final dlc etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD