Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

belts

Fuck TN for ditching DOAX3 over this trash. Anyone who is paying real money for the gacha in VV should feel ashamed of themselves. There are obviously people out there supporting this shit. You know who you are...

otnesse

Fuck TN for ditching DOAX3 over this trash. Anyone who is paying real money for the gacha in VV should feel ashamed of themselves. There are obviously people out there supporting this shit. You know who you are...

Honestly, I'll take what I can get, since at least now they're actually letting the cut girls get in as they SHOULD have been allowed to do in the first place.

Besides, I was pretty irritated that they broke their promise about adding in new activity and character DLC for Xtreme 3, keeping up their twitter account, and for what? Not releasing the characters or activities we were promised? Well, in that case, why don't they just shut down DLC altogether a year back like Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid 4 did with their DLC services? If they're not going to bother adding in characters or activities, they shouldn't have even bothered talking about it in Dengeki PlayStation right before the game's release. At least now with Venus Vacation, they're actually making some effort instead of breaking a promise of adding in new characters or activity DLC.

She just behind Helena on popularity vote

Heck, originally, she was actually ahead of Helena. Want to know what changed? Simple: The Western players got smart and made JPN accounts for the PSN so they could essentially trick the poll into allowing Helena in.

belts

The thing about VV is that a gacha system is 100x more scummy than regular DLC already is.

With the DLC in DOAX3 and DOA5, sure it's overpriced, but at least you know what you're buying, and you only have to buy the thing once to get what you want.

With gacha, you could end up paying insane amounts of money for just one character or outfit. It's disgusting.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Gacha services reminds me of pachinko machines. Gacha is eating up cash, Pachinko machines is eating up revenue and electric bills at your nearest arcade spots in Japan or wager places.

otnesse

The thing about VV is that a gacha system is 100x more scummy than regular DLC already is.

With the DLC in DOAX3 and DOA5, sure it's overpriced, but at least you know what you're buying, and you only have to buy the thing once to get what you want.

With gacha, you could end up paying insane amounts of money for just one character or outfit. It's disgusting.

Look, I don't like the gacha system any more than you do (I've already had enough issues with trying to get everything in Peace Walker via grinding, and that's just for free, and don't get me started on the microtransactions for MGSV for developing weapons and equipment, heck, even getting more materials), and that's one reason I'm probably not going to get VV, but at least they're actually letting the girls in now, so we ought to at least be happy for that (besides, at least VV actually allowed for character interactions of the type of Paradise and earlier, which is more than what Xtreme 3 can lay claim for when it gutted those interactions).

And honestly, I didn't mind the DOAX3 and DOA5 DLC (well, the DOA5 one anyways, I haven't actually played DOAX3 or even purchased the game), at least they didn't have me purchase needless junk outside the PSN just to get a passcode to get the items, unlike a certain other game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Look, I don't like the gacha system any more than you do (I've already had enough issues with trying to get everything in Peace Walker via grinding, and that's just for free, and don't get me started on the microtransactions for MGSV for developing weapons and equipment, heck, even getting more materials), and that's one reason I'm probably not going to get VV, but at least they're actually letting the girls in now, so we ought to at least be happy for that (besides, at least VV actually allowed for character interactions of the type of Paradise and earlier, which is more than what Xtreme 3 can lay claim for when it gutted those interactions).

And honestly, I didn't mind the DOAX3 and DOA5 DLC, at least they didn't have me purchase needless junk outside the PSN just to get a passcode to get the items, unlike a certain other game.

I hear Metal Gear Survive is charging people for saves. It's terrible business portion on Konami's end. Slightly off topic here but Gacha service was never good. Even the mobile game for DOA is doing transactions but mobile games are mostly trash.

otnesse

I hear Metal Gear Survive is charging people for saves. It's terrible business portion on Konami's end. Slightly off topic here but Gacha service was never good. Even the mobile game for DOA is doing transactions but mobile games are mostly trash.

Eh, don't really know what "charging people for saves" means, though it probably isn't good (though it still beats being forced to buy a Mountain Dew can with Peace Walker characters on it just to get the necessary passcode for an in-game T-shirt, which I actually had to do a while back).

And I don't really do mobile games, either, never saw much of an appeal for them. I'll be glad when DOAX3U actually is made so that they can actually fix the mess the whole wallpaper thing caused for real. At least with DOAX3U, we don't even need to wait for Venus Vacation and/or DLC for Xtreme 3, the latter of which never came even BEFORE Venus Vacation got teased.

Xerampelinae

I was really excited when I saw this on Twitter (because it means that Christie and Tina now have a better chance to get in), but then I remembered that all new characters in this game are behind a paywall, so I kinda lost some of my interest in going back to the game.

... and that one release where you could snap their panties kinda turned me way off too. When the girls are interacting with each other and just frolicking on the beach, it's innocent and fashion and just a girl having fun. When you get to interact with them in ways that the girls react to negatively (like with the VR one and Kasumi was under obvious distress), it starts becoming not okay.

Leifang has never been one of my favorite characters, but she looks really pretty, and I LOVE that they included her tennis outfit.

Jadeinchains

Well we've been wanting the missing girls to be brought to X3 and VV for a long time so It's good to see the start of them being added. I am wondering how long it will be between each of them though. I guess that they'll be going in order too which I guess Lisa will be last added but so long as she is added I'll be happy. ( and the bra strap thing was eh but the bikini itself was nice )

I wish that it was still DOAX3 that was being supported since I prefer the console games so much more and X3 was better imo and had more going on, More enjoyable rather than VV's gacha. They'd just need to do PSN paid dlc instead of the ticket thing and I feel like it would work. I'd totally pay £5 for a new character rather than in VV where they start off behind a paywall that need to buy the hearts for etc and then later become free hearts.

belts

I don't have high hopes for any future DOAX on consoles ever again now that they know people will pay them money for a gacha system.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD