Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

Any dos and dont's to VV? Just started playing and it's all in Japanese. Any translations on the story sequences?

Well, I can at the very least direct you to my translation attempt for the Main Episodes (well, save for Episode 1, since that doesn't have any subtitles or text boxes whatsoever). Be warned, though, I had to use Bing Translator to get the translations, so they may not be the best translations out there right now:

https://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_3/Transcripts#Main_Episodes

I've also done the Event Episodes up to the First Valentines ones (I still need to do actual translations of the Event Episodes from The Secret Labyrinth up to the most current one, and I've got a lot on my plate as it is), and pretty much all the Extra Episodes that have been released thus far (though, again, the translations may not be the best ones out there for those two things). As far as the Gravures, I've only done Honoka's thus far, and I've only gotten any headway on Honoka, Tamaki, Luna, and Misaki (and even there, only Honoka and Misaki's have complete translations for even ONE of their episodes).

I'll leave dos and don'ts regarding VV to someone else to cover, though, as I haven't actually played it myself.

Yuffie

Dualshockers translated a small section of the scan.

In a small interview with the producer, it’s mentioned that the new original characters were very well received by the fans, but Leifang herself had many requests, so the developers decided to finally respond to those expectations.

After adding three original heroines, this is, in fact, the first time that DMM and Team Ninja adds back one of the many characters from the Dead or Alive fighting series that didn’t make it into Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 for PS4 and PS Vita.

Well I can see that she was popular since only barely being cut from X3.
I can imagine more cut characters (cough Rachel cough) making it. Let's see if another character is coming around October.
If they make an original character, they won't be in DOA6.

Also the scan didn't mention if Leifang was in the paid gatcha.

otnesse

Dualshockers translated a small section of the scan.

In a small interview with the producer, it’s mentioned that the new original characters were very well received by the fans, but Leifang herself had many requests, so the developers decided to finally respond to those expectations.

After adding three original heroines, this is, in fact, the first time that DMM and Team Ninja adds back one of the many characters from the Dead or Alive fighting series that didn’t make it into Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 for PS4 and PS Vita.

Well I can see that she was popular since only barely being cut from X3.
I can imagine more cut characters (cough Rachel cough) making it. Let's see if another character is coming around October.
If they make an original character, they won't be in DOA6.

Also the scan didn't mention if Leifang was in the paid gatcha.

Assuming they don't use an Original character, I'd suspect they'd use Tina for October, considering that she's put in second place regarding delisted characters (after Leifang), and Mila probably will be January, then Rachel in April assuming we're lucky regarding that bit (as DOA6 is slated for an early 2019 release, which could mean either Q1 or Q2 for all we know). Christie and Lisa, I'd probably say would be July and October, respectively, but on the other hand, that would be after DOA6 is released, so guessing there would be pointless. And again, that's assuming they don't use any OCs for any of those months (and let's face it, Tina at least probably has at least as many requests, not to mention her voice at least was in DOAX3 thanks to a glitch in the game, so she'd be a pretty logical next one, and going by that Famitsu article, I'd even argue all the cut six had many requests as well).

Also, technically, it's not even THAT many since only six were actually cut (I'm not counting the guest characters or Phase 4, since the former, being guest characters, would have required a lot of legal stuff to take care of to even extend their stay, and for the latter, Kasumi clones have been persona non grata from the Xtreme series since the first game in the series [they didn't even allow Alpha-152 to join, and that's despite her technically actually LOOKING different from her genetic template thanks to her... well, her being a transparent naked woman.]. Heck, they weren't even allowed a chance in by voting either, something the cut six at least got. Well, okay, Phase 4, Sarah Bryant, and Pai Chan weren't given a chance. Mai Shiranui wasn't even considered as a guest character yet at the time they made that poll, and while they DID hint at Naotora Ii being a new entry by revealing they will be doing a new DLC character for DOA5LR, they were very ambiguous as to even the gender of the character, let alone the character's identity or even whether it was a guest or an actual new character, so she was post-poll regarding release and even creation to a certain extent.). Besides, do you really think they're going to cut Tina out of DOA6, especially when she's one of the more well-received characters in the series?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I have no objection to Tamaki's lezzie boob grabs, or her sleeping with the owner. She's promoted to goddess tier.
Oh I don't really mind if she does it xD I just didn't want a creepy first person grab which I thought was what that image of Leifang with the hands was xD it kinda gave me vibes from a certain game from that Illusion company made that I had discovered when I was 14 xD

Dionysus

If everyone's talking about the hands reaching towards her in the article, it says in the caption above that they are the Owner's; she's falling over towards him and he is supposedly trying to help steady her but (it trails off lol).
Hopefully she kills the guy and we can have a cute girl owner who doesn't harass everyone.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If everyone's talking about the hands reaching towards her in the article, it says in the caption above that they are the Owner's; she's falling over towards him and he is supposedly trying to help steady her but (it trails off lol).
Hopefully she kills the guy and we can have a cute girl owner who doesn't harass everyone.
The owner is the player tho, so the gender is technically open ended XD

Dionysus

Technically there is dialogue that specifies the owner's gender. I'm pretty sure one of the 'taking shots of swimsuits' episodes involves one of the characters saying 'it's good to get a male opinion' or something like that.

UpSideDownGRUNT

It's hilarious that she 1P+K's you when she gets mad!!

And yeah, that's her old voice it just sounds off I thought it was new at first but Hitomi had a similar problem when she was first revealed for X3. And the hands are definitely female and one of the Asian characters so 90% sure that's the resident groper Tamaki.

Either that or Kizuna Ai is crashing the party.

HHH816

it's female, they have the same long nails as the other female hands.

https://imgur.com/a/lCqGmHC

ok, you can see owner hand's finger at the corner , found the similarities?

unless lei fang hit tamaki instead.

mRWPoIY

UpSideDownGRUNT

Unless owner San has impeccable nails with nail polish on that is a female hand.

I've stared at DOA female hands for literal hours trying to pose in XPS I can definitely tell a female hand. that is not a male hand at all.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Finally a character with self defensive instincts. I love leifang but those floating braids are cringe worthy.

Jackie Chan Fan

Our "scrollbar" theory came true. hahaha

(Scrollbars in the character selection screen indicates that there could be more characters.)

-----

There are also new SR suits for the existing girls. Variations of their costumes in DOA5.

The only thing not so good about the update is that Leifang is a paid gacha like Luna and Tamaki. We still can't draw Luna and Tamaki though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD