Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Hayabusiness

It irks me that they'll never apologize for X3. It must have had the budget of a smelly sock and even that doesn't excuse the lack of everything, considering the huge amount of reused conten. It's like it was made in three months or something.

What bothers me the most is that the most glaring issues were all there at launch and were never resolved, but people excused all of it until support was cut short. It's like the game can't do no wrong because the sex appeal can't do no wrong (not to mention some crowds outside FSD just don't want to admit such a politically incorrect (lol in this day and age) game is simple a underdeveloped PoS).

otnesse

It irks me that they'll never apologize for X3. It must have had the budget of a smelly sock and even that doesn't excuse the lack of everything, considering the huge amount of reused conten. It's like it was made in three months or something.

What bothers me the most is that the most glaring issues were all there at launch and were never resolved, but people excused all of it until support was cut short. It's like the game can't do no wrong because the sex appeal can't do no wrong (not to mention some crowds outside FSD just don't want to admit such a politically incorrect (lol in this day and age) game is simple a underdeveloped PoS).

Yeah, that's why I want them to make a DOAX3 Ultimate as a way to make up for X3's incomplete nature (and the cutting of six girls).

hardseppo

Last edited:
Did they just hint that the Owner is a female in this episode (since Tamaki briefly does that grope gesture while she's talking to the Owner)?
Don't think so. Cause she does that grope animation and Momiji's breast and bum bounce suggesting that Tamaki is poking/touching her.

otnesse

Don't think so. Cause she does that grope animation and Momiji's breast and bum bounce suggesting that Tamaki is poking/touching her.

Let me rephrase that, I'm referring to while Tamaki's still in the hotel room, not while she's on the beach and Momiji's trying to bash Watermelons. The only person in the Hotel room besides herself obviously is the Owner. She briefly enters the grope animation during that time. I believe it's at 0:27 of the first episode.

Let me rephrase that, I'm referring to while Tamaki's still in the hotel room, not while she's on the beach and Momiji's trying to bash Watermelons. The only person in the Hotel room besides herself obviously is the Owner. She briefly enters the grope animation during that time. I believe it's at 0:27 of the first episode.
Oh yeah. She's done that in multiple Episodes with only the owner in the room.
Maybe your right.

otnesse

Oh yeah. She's done that in multiple Episodes with only the owner in the room.
Maybe your right.

Well, I can tell you one thing, it's definitely going to feel very weird that you're technically playing as a girl when you're the owner (or at least, that's what seems to be implied by the manicured hands that sometimes appear and Tamaki "groping" the owner). Heck, some of the level-up episodes for various characters are ALSO going to look very weird especially when they... ahem, seem to return the affection if you know what I mean (Misaki's fifth character episode seems to have a scene where she's sitting on the owner or something, possibly being ridden on, and Marie Rose's sixth episode I believe has her being naked after cutting to the sky at some point, or at least topless.).

At least with Lara Croft or Samus Aran, they're their own distinct characters so it wouldn't really matter what the player's gender was, while the Owner's closer to the player's avatar rather than their own individual character, and unless I'm mistaken, the game was meant to be geared towards guys, not girls.

EDIT: Correction, the second video was supposed to be this one:

Last edited:

Juihau

especially when they... ahem, seem to return the affection if you know what I mean (Misaki's fifth character episode seems to have a scene where she's sitting on the owner or something, possibly being ridden on, and Marie Rose's sixth episode I believe has her being naked after cutting to the sky at some point, or at least topless.).
Uh, in the Misaki one, she pretty obviously just fell on you... And I don't even know what you're talking about in the Marie one.

Beyond that, no, they're not implying that the owner is female at all. At least, not in that scene. I don't know about whatever manicured hands you're talking about.

HHH816

San
San (さん) is the most common honorific title. San is similar to "Mr", "Ms.", "Mrs", and so on. There is no kanji form for san, it's written in hiragana.

San may also be used with a characteristic of a person. A bookseller might be hon'ya-san (本屋さん), "Mr. Bookseller". A foreigner might be referred to as gaijin-san (外人さん). (See also Is gaijin a derogatory term?)

San is also used when talking about entities such as companies. For example, the offices or shop of a company called Kojima denki might be referred to as Kojima Denki-san by another nearby company. This may be seen on the small maps often used in phone books and business cards in Japan, where the names of surrounding companies are written using san.

San is also applied to some kinds of foods. For example, fish used for cooking are sometimes referred to as sakana-san.

Both san and its more formal equivalent, sama, imply familiarity. In formal speech or writing, the title shi may be preferred.

Kun
Kun (君) is informal and mostly used for males, such as boys or juniors at work. It is used by superiors to inferiors, by males of the same age and status to each other, and in addressing male children. In business settings junior women may also be addressed as kun by superiors.

Schoolteachers typically address male students using kun, while female students are addressed as san or chan.

In the Diet of Japan, diet members and ministers are called kun by the chairpersons. For example, Junichiro Koizumi is called Koizumi Jun'ichirō kun. However, when Takako Doi, a woman, was the chairperson of the lower house, she used the san title.

https://www.sljfaq.org/afaq/titles.html

calling owner-kun, certainly owner is a male

misaki stumbling on top of owner is just usual anime cliche and plus why can't female grope male bodyparts :D

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Isn't "Owner" supposed to be you, the player? The vast majority of those are likely male, if it's conversely a female player it's a female owner.

otnesse

Uh, in the Misaki one, she pretty obviously just fell on you... And I don't even know what you're talking about in the Marie one.

Beyond that, no, they're not implying that the owner is female at all. At least, not in that scene. I don't know about whatever manicured hands you're talking about.

Wasn't entirely sure if she just fell on him or not (the dialogue didn't make much clear on that front).

As far as Marie Rose, sorry about that, I got the wrong video. I was actually meaning THIS video:

And I was referring to how in Leifang's teaser scan for Famitsu, there was a screencap depicting a scene where Leifang was being groped off-screen regarding the whole "manicured hands" thing. I certainly know UpSideDownGRUNT definitely referred to the hands as manicured, and apparently Ayane's massage episode had similar hands (though I wasn't sure if that was the Owner or one of the massuses).

Still, I guess "Owner-Kun" does hint at the Owner being male, so I guess I don't have to worry about that.

https://www.sljfaq.org/afaq/titles.html

calling owner-kun, certainly owner is a male

misaki stumbling on top of owner is just usual anime cliche and plus why can't female grope male bodyparts :D

Thanks for that information. Though as far as the female groping males bit, I'd buy it if it weren't for the animation obviously being for her groping breasts instead of... well, a guy's junk.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Wasn't entirely sure if she just fell on him or not (the dialogue didn't make much clear on that front).

As far as Marie Rose, sorry about that, I got the wrong video. I was actually meaning THIS video:

And I was referring to how in Leifang's teaser scan for Famitsu, there was a screencap depicting a scene where Leifang was being groped off-screen regarding the whole "manicured hands" thing. I certainly know UpSideDownGRUNT definitely referred to the hands as manicured, and apparently Ayane's massage episode had similar hands (though I wasn't sure if that was the Owner or one of the massuses).

Still, I guess "Owner-Kun" does hint at the Owner being male, so I guess I don't have to worry about that.

Thanks for that information. Though as far as the female groping males bit, I'd buy it if it weren't for the animation obviously being for her groping breasts instead of... well, a guy's junk.
A chest is more natural and realistic to grab tho, why would a girl fall and just grab a guy's nuts? XD That seems a bit much for DOA imo, like if a guy fell and pulled a Donald by grabbing a girl's hello kitty

Juihau

(the dialogue didn't make much clear on that front).
It, uh...really did, though. Even without understanding Japanese, "hya!" accompanied by the sound of something hitting wood kind of implies that on its own. But then she obviously apologizes somewhat awkwardly before realizing the position she's in and shrieking again, sounding indignant afterwards. It's fully voiced, too, so it's not like you really need to be able to understand Japanese to get that from it...

...And this just sounds like something happened while she was swimming and her top came off. She even frantically tells you to not look and just hand her the swimsuit.

How can these possibly be interpreted as them "returning the affection?.."

otnesse

It, uh...really did, though. Even without understanding Japanese, "hya!" accompanied by the sound of something hitting wood kind of implies that on its own. But then she obviously apologizes somewhat awkwardly before realizing the position she's in and shrieking again, sounding indignant afterwards. It's fully voiced, too, so it's not like you really need to be able to understand Japanese to get that from it...

...And this just sounds like something happened while she was swimming and her top came off. She even frantically tells you to not look and just hand her the swimsuit.

How can these possibly be interpreted as them "returning the affection?.."

Fine, I was mistaken. And I generally do it on mute since I see no reason to listen to the audio when I can't even understand what they're saying anyways.

I've really got to get to translating the other Character episodes (though I DID translate the Misaki one, just as an FYI).

Jackie Chan Fan

When Leifang was revealed, I thought that Team Ninja will also release her Sandwich swimsuit as SSR and they did. Too bad I don't have funds and luck to unlock it.

This week's SSR swimsuits for Tamaki, Helena, and Momiji has interesting names. Linarite, Tellurite, and Roselite. Names of rare minerals. I learned that while doing translations of their Japanese swimsuit names. TN really put effort in naming swimsuits after something. lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD