Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

hardseppo

Hitomi Gravure Panel (Candy Pop SSR) with lotions
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33993870

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Hitomi-Gravure-Panel-(Candy-Pop-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

otnesse

Sort-of related to DOAXVV since I'm trying to do translations for one of the character episodes, but is anyone having problems getting the Google Translate app to actually translate stuff via the camera option? I know when I'm trying to do it, it usually scans for a very long time, often entering screensave mode before it even finishes. In fact, since Dinner, I've had exactly one instance where it even finds anything at all. In fact, to be honest, I'd probably be done with Nyotengu's third episode by now if this whole "infinite scan" thing didn't occur.

EDIT: Also, rarely, it has a message pop up saying "Service inaccessible. Please try again later. (E0)"

Last edited:

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
The one thing I do enjoy about DOAXVV episodes and the like are how the characters actually interact with each other. I just wish I knew exactly what they were saying to each other or even talking about.

EDIT:

Nyotengu must be really tall when compared to most of the others, besides Helena (she is 5'8 IIRC. By Japanese standards, she'd scare the shit out of some folks. But, not me XD).

otnesse

The one thing I do enjoy about DOAXVV episodes and the like are how the characters actually interact with each other. I just wish I knew exactly what they were saying to each other or even talking about.

EDIT:

Nyotengu must be really tall when compared to most of the others, besides Helena (she is 5'8 IIRC. By Japanese standards, she'd scare the shit out of some folks. But, not me XD).

That's what I'm trying to work on myself via the translator app on my phone (would prefer something other than Google, but... well, that's the only option out there right now). And I'm planning to start doing the translations of Event episodes after Luna's birthday. Though I will state that right now, for whatever reason, I'm getting a slow attempt at scanning and identifying Japanese letters right now right down to it getting a E0 error (can someone PLEASE tell me why it's getting that kind of error right now?! I'm already behind schedule due to that stupid error, and I need to get all the character episodes I've found barring maybe Tamaki's eighth episode [and that's only because the person whose video I used didn't even bother to have dialogue boxes included, making it impossible to get the Japanese text] completed before Luna's birthday this coming Monday, meaning I'm on a very tight schedule.). I've gotten up to the First Valentine's Day episodes before I took a long break, and I'm planning to use that time from now to the next Valentine's Day event to get fully caught up.

Jackie Chan Fan

Aside from Google Translate, Bing Translator also works. Sometimes I get better translation from there. Sometimes the translation makes more sense. :D

otnesse

Aside from Google Translate, Bing Translator also works. Sometimes I get better translation from there. Sometimes the translation makes more sense. :D

That's also my primary mode of translation as well, Bing I mean. However, as much as I want to rely 100% on Bing, I can't rely on it to do translations of text within video games/computer games since I can't just C/P the text in there for obvious reasons, meaning that I have no other choice but to use the Google Translate app, at least in so far as I can actually GET the Japanese text from those sources and then email it to myself.

BTW, new event, and it relates to the Destiny Child crossover, as well as being a two-parter. Apparently the costumes were ideas for Halloween costumes if I've read it correctly, something about Cosplay being a theme.

otnesse

BTW, somewhat related to DOAXVV, but Gatto Tom managed to find some concept art indicating that Lisa's going to be in DOA6, meaning she's most likely still alive after the events of DOA5:

To be honest, I kind of suspected from Bass, Tina, and Mila's announcement trailer that Lisa was still alive due to Tina not looking upset under any circumstances (if Lisa were dead, I'd expect Tina to at least seem somewhat vengeful, sort of like Naomi Hunter from Metal Gear Solid or Fortune and/or Olga in Metal Gear Solid 2, heck, Strangelove in Peace Walker even, due to Lisa being Tina's BFF). And if she's still alive, that means she's probably going to be in DOAXVV.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
BTW, somewhat related to DOAXVV, but Gatto Tom managed to find some concept art indicating that Lisa's going to be in DOA6, meaning she's most likely still alive after the events of DOA5:

To be honest, I kind of suspected from Bass, Tina, and Mila's announcement trailer that Lisa was still alive due to Tina not looking upset under any circumstances (if Lisa were dead, I'd expect Tina to at least seem somewhat vengeful, sort of like Naomi Hunter from Metal Gear Solid or Fortune and/or Olga in Metal Gear Solid 2, heck, Strangelove in Peace Walker even, due to Lisa being Tina's BFF). And if she's still alive, that means she's probably going to be in DOAXVV.
That's mad old xD Jade actually was the first person to find that from DualShockers in the redesign thread iirc

otnesse

tina only knew la mariposa not lisa and tina is oblivious about the ninja war

Ah, you DO know Lisa and Tina have interacted with each other in DOAXBV and their bios even indicated they were best friends and on the Volley Ball Team in High School, right? She definitely knew Lisa, and not just as La Mariposa. And while she may not know about the ninja war, if Lisa was killed during that time she definitely would figure it out soon. Besides, her father and Helena are allies, so it's unlikely she wouldn't have indirect knowledge about it at least.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD