Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

The screenshots are almost always pre rendered. So maybe it'll actually look like a Vita game. (Like DOA5+)

Or these screenshots may suggest dlc for the PS4 version.

Either way I am not holding my breath.

Well, if it's DLC for the PS4 version, that's actually good news, ESPECIALLY considering the implication that Misaki may be DLC, and it's less her being DLC as much as her opening the door for Tina, Mila, Lisa, Christie, Rachel, and Leifang being DLC as well.

belts

While getting the outfits in DOAX3 seems very possible and somewhat likely, I'm way more pessimistic about them adding Misaki.

From the way it sounds, she won't be a playable character like the rest, but instead some sort of assistant to the owner.

I'm not sure how'd they'd work that into DOAX3... Unless they make DOAX3:U. *fingers crossed*

UpSideDownGRUNT

While getting the outfits in DOAX3 seems very possible and somewhat likely, I'm way more pessimistic about them adding Misaki.

From the way it sounds, she won't be a playable character like the rest, but instead some sort of assistant to the owner.

I'm not sure how'd they'd work that into DOAX3... Unless they make DOAX3:U. *fingers crossed*
How would that even work? And if she is an assistant, why show her in a swimsuit or half undressed like a gravure?

There's also the fact that she's with the other 9 in the promo artwork... If she's not one of the girls that make zero sense to show her in that way.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that if she's just an assistant it's a weird and awkward way to introduce her because she looks like she has gravures like everyone else and isn't shown assisting or doing assistant like things at all.

Jadeinchains

She could just be both. She could be an assistant and give hints or be a guide at times but is still a completely playable character. Its only a little more than a day left to wait now until the event! :D

UpSideDownGRUNT

IMG_20170922_103024.jpg

Huh... "Exclusive Supporter" so she won't be partaking in volleyball or stuff like that but it does sound like Owner-san will still be able to spoil her with gifts and stuff to see her gravures or something.

Otherwise where/how would her half dressed in the shower scene or the screen shot in her room take place?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow, Shadows and DoF are vastly improved, this cannot really be a browser-game...

Yup, I still say there's no way this is a browser game. If browsers can do better than PS4, then pigs can fly.

Don't be so gullible... That's a straight up prerendered graphic. It's not even a bullshot (real time but heavily edited/enhanced).

otnesse

Don't be so gullible... That's a straight up prerendered graphic. It's not even a bullshot (real time but heavily edited/enhanced).

I've seen screenshots for the HD edition that look deliberately messed up to promote the concept of it being HD (many of the so-called "pre-HD" screencap comparisons for Peace Walker I don't even recall looking like that screencap when playing it on the PSP). Still, let's wait until tomorrow for more information. Somehow, I don't see any reason for them to post prerendered graphics on the site, especially if it's a browser-exclusive game (had I been in their shoes, I'd show EXACTLY what the game's graphics entails, and if it means crappy graphics, so be it, as long as it's honest).

HHH816

Let's see how good the volleyball/mini games look like cause unlike minigames, gravure scene can be rendered via online from supercomputer in TN headquarters.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
View attachment 24130
Huh... "Exclusive Supporter" so she won't be partaking in volleyball or stuff like that but it does sound like Owner-san will still be able to spoil her with gifts and stuff to see her gravures or something.

Otherwise where/how would her half dressed in the shower scene or the screen shot in her room take place?
"But there is also a side to her that avoids exposing her skin"

So basically she sounds like she has respect for herself. And I guess that bullhorn is what she uses to show her "exclusive support"

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Somehow, I don't see any reason for them to post prerendered graphics on the site, especially if it's a browser-exclusive game

This is promo material. Promo material is supposed to look as good as or even better than the real deal. Koei Tecmo does it all the time, for all their games.

(had I been in their shoes, I'd show EXACTLY what the game's graphics entails, and if it means crappy graphics, so be it, as long as it's honest).

And that's why you are not a marketing consultant for a game company, or any company. ;)

otnesse

This is promo material. Promo material is supposed to look as good as or even better than the real deal. Koei Tecmo does it all the time, for all their games.

And that's why you are not a marketing consultant for a game company, or any company. ;)

So, what happens if the actual footage looks like it came from a PS4 tomorrow? Will you change your tune?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, what happens if the actual footage looks like it came from a PS4 tomorrow? Will you change your tune?

It would exactly prove my point actually, because realtime PS4 graphics can not match prerendered CGI.

otnesse

It would exactly prove my point actually, because realtime PS4 graphics can not match prerendered CGI.
I meant gameplay footage, since they're probably going to cover that as well. And besides, one of the screencaps depicts Marie Rose, Honoka, Kasumi, and Ayane playing some volleyball, and last I checked, the volleyball bits were actual gameplay, not pre-rendered cutscenes unlike the gravure scenes. And that screencap, for the record, ALSO looked like it came from a PS4.

Last edited:

otnesse

Still wonder why DOAX3 doesn't have Jet Ski's. Those were fun
Yeah, no kidding. Heck, forget the Jet Skis, why didn't they have the characters actually interacting with each other via cutscenes and/or "Be Friendly Gravures?" That kind of character interaction and bonding would have been nice to see, something that unfortunately was lacking with this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD