Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Banana56

They could give off a different beauty standard (when you look at Lei Fang, she doesn't give off Japanese girl vibes). Also they'd show more representation for other countries. It makes a whole lot of a difference

otnesse

What difference would another nationality even make? It's not as if they really do something with those nationalities. Yeah, sometimes they give the German girl a Bavarian dress (which they then also give to all the other girls) or the Chinese girl a Chinese dress (which they then give to all the other girls as well.) Nationality or ethnic background is of zero consequence as long as they are moe and kawaii.

Not necessarily. I know for one thing that Tina Armstrong alongside her dad definitely were depicted as very patriotic to America and are clearly painted as genuine good guys. At least they didn't have Tina or her dad being complete psychopaths who revel in harming people (like Sundowner, or Hot Coldman, or to some extent Jack Krauser, though of them he's probably a bit more sympathetic), thinking the way to promote patriotism is by engaging in terrorism (like with Derek C. Simmons, Solidus Snake, or Steven Armstrong) or nihilistic characters who seem to think being patriotic meant obeying even illegal orders and denying morality even mattered in a mission (like The Boss, and she was treated as a good guy technically). Or, if they're to keep them as good guys, depict them as being forced to act for America's will against their own (like Raiden, Roy Campbell, Leon S. Kennedy, and the like) or otherwise rabidly anti-American (Solid Snake during MGS2 onward, Big Boss from Peace Walker onward, Kazuhira Miller, and Chris Redfield by the time of RE5). And believe me, speaking as someone who had to watch that kind of crap being pushed in Metal Gear and even to some extent Resident Evil, where worst case scenario, they managed to sing praises for third-world terror groups, seeing patriotic American characters who AREN'T outright demonized and made into pure villains is actually a sight for sore eyes for me.

And as far as Helena Douglas, they actually averted quite a few French stereotypes with her like her being weak and/or a coward, or having her be a Sartre-style nihilist, or, heck, even depicting her as being extremely sexually loose and singing praises for May 1968. You know, like how Cecile is depicted in Peace Walker:

And as a bonus, she's indicated to be a devout Christian, to boot. So, yeah, they actually have quite a lot of potential with representing various countries in a positive, certainly non-stereotypical light.

Last edited:

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
To explain Nyotengu's case a tad more, the Japanese game developers (appear) to have a thing for female characters that have a background from their folklore or are some sort of monster-girl and/or have a supernatural background.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Regardless it is what it is. TN sucks in the fact that they just don't care what the fans want even though they KNOW what they want..

This applies to the fighting game version as well. The fans are pretty spread out though so this is pretty vague. Sometimes, what they want is not what others want in a way.

otnesse

For the record, you can only access the Japanese site. Despite saying that there's an English option, it redirects to some site right now if you select the latter.

Yuffie

@KasumiLover69
pic_doav_overview3.jpg

@UpSideDownGRUNT
pic_doav_overview9.jpg

pic_doav_overview7.jpg

So Hitomi in a Spa/bath setting. Wtf TN why not on Ps4?

Last edited:

Yuffie

I hope so. They need to include the friendly scenes and the intimate gravures( it copies the girls unique gravure). Seems that accessories are in VV. So maybe sandals and nail polish?

hardseppo

A DoAX3 update with this stuff would be nice, I'd even pay EUR 20,- for it.

But I fear the worst for clipping, when I see all that new suits...

Yuffie

A DoAX3 update with this stuff would be nice, I'd even pay EUR 20,- for it.

But I fear the worst for clipping, when I see all that new suits...
Can your PC support this game?
I mean specs aren't out yet.
But yeah we need that update.

HHH816

good question. Tbh i don't really understand how browser games work, is the graphic processing is done by servers and we just need a good internet connection to load it or it's like any other game.

i've seen FPS shooting games on browser which can produce a good frame per second. anyone can explain this.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD