DOA5U Ok! I'm Ready anytime!! Mila DOA5U Matchups & Strategy discussion thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@Gill Hustle : The 66KK4/BTPP6KK4 +1 favors Ayane 100%, as she completely eliminates jabs and highs with BT4P and BT6P (especially BT6P). Anyone that doesn't have an i9 jab like Kasumi, Christie, Pai or Sarah (44P) as an option cannot trade jabs with Ayane after the + frames. She has an option to crush "all" i11 mids with a high that tracks. She has an option that hits low and crushes mids of i12 or slower and tracks. All of these are given to her at all 3 hit levels, and after her + frames.

She can throw you or back away safely as well. Opponents are guessing the 50/50 as long as Ayane isn't one track minded.

4H+K is only good in Critical stun or as some means of whiff punishment. Also Ayane has no problems actually getting in on any character.

@Yaguar : Mid Range? The only move I am literally only ever cautious of from Mila at range is 3H+K because of it's own range. And even then, it's linear and unsafe on block. Mila's 4K (or 4H+K I think?) is good to keep someone in check at range, mainly when Ayane is sloppy. Other than this, I am giving Mila lots of difficulty getting in on me. Outside of proper usage of Mila's feints, there are only 4 moves in CQC Mila can keep Ayane in check with;

- 6P: But it gets blown up by the 64H advance mid punch hold.
- 2P: Your +1 matters, gives you more options.
- 6H+P: Honestly this IS the best way Mila is opening Ayane up in CQC, being an i7 throw. This is practically the way you are going to have a larger array of options in CQC versus competent Ayane play.
- Tackle: This is only true if Mila's tackle isn't being read, because I legitimately low throw this on reaction.

Sure Mila also has an i10 jab, but that is -5 on neutral and block, lol. And that actually does make a world of difference against a player that knows frames.

Something-Unique

Mila only has two bad matchups.

Christie and Pai. The other fast characters like Kasumi, Alpha, and Sarah simply require a little more defense/patience but that's universal for any of the characters that's slower than them.

Christie is a definite bad matchup because your forced to be relatively defensive in the matchup almost all the time and Christie crushes Mila very easily. For example 6P from Christie will crush Mila's Jab often. So Mila loses out on both the high and mid scenario. So reads with i10 P vs mid i11 6P make no difference. You'll lose on both.

Pai for the exact same reasons except the crushing factor that Christie has.

Mila does not lose to anyone else. Matchups like Gen Fu and Sarah are just rather even battles though Sarah can be tricky. The reason being is because the 1 frame advantage on mids at neutral are not gonna dominate the neutral game nor is it enough to negate the ridiculous amounts of damage Mila can dish out. Which is the highest in the entire game.

Also her 6T is the best i7 in the game and perfect in the speed race where she might lost in speed. There are a number of undocumented things about this throw even since vanilla that are still in that make it the best i7 in the game.

AkaShocka

You sure Kasumi isn't a bad match up for her? I don't know Mila's match ups so I'm curious about the match ups against fast characters or characters with a lot of tools. she has that pressure and great mixup games. Kasumi has those teleport things and she can jump over the foe unlike Christie. Christie and Kasumi both never actually finish their strings to keep applying pressure and of course to not get punished. I don't want to really sound like I'm saying "Oh Kasumi is a bad matchup for Mila. What are you talking about?" It's just that Kasumi has very good tools that give everyone a hard time and Mila doesn't have much tools to choose from. And Kasumi also crushes a lot. Maybe not as much as Christie does but her crushes are very good and pretty fast. So do you mind helping me out understand why you think Kasumi isn't a bad match up for Mila or not as much as a problem as Christie and Pai?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Mila only has two bad matchups.

Christie and Pai. The other fast characters like Kasumi, Alpha, and Sarah simply require a little more defense/patience but that's universal for any of the characters that's slower than them.

Christie is a definite bad matchup because your forced to be relatively defensive in the matchup almost all the time and Christie crushes Mila very easily. For example 6P from Christie will crush Mila's Jab often. So Mila loses out on both the high and mid scenario. So reads with i10 P vs mid i11 6P make no difference. You'll lose on both.

Pai for the exact same reasons except the crushing factor that Christie has.

Mila does not lose to anyone else. Matchups like Gen Fu and Sarah are just rather even battles though Sarah can be tricky. The reason being is because the 1 frame advantage on mids at neutral are not gonna dominate the neutral game nor is it enough to negate the ridiculous amounts of damage Mila can dish out. Which is the highest in the entire game.

Also her 6T is the best i7 in the game and perfect in the speed race where she might lost in speed. There are a number of undocumented things about this throw even since vanilla that are still in that make it the best i7 in the game.

Mila loses to Ayane.

Something-Unique

I thought about responding to this. Wrote the response up and everything but I change my mind. Mila has to be one of the most misunderstood characters in this game and I've been there done that explaining her before and this just looks like it will be a repeat so I'll bow out even before the response. My apologies. Continue.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I thought about responding to this. Wrote the response up and everything but I change my mind. Mila has to be one of the most misunderstood characters in this game and I've been there done that explaining her before and this just looks like it will be a repeat so I'll bow out even before the response. My apologies. Continue.

The exact same thing can be said about Ayane. As most of the community believes she's all about turtling and 66KK4. So I can understand your point there. But saying "you have a response" and not explaining yourself solves nothing.

If you really think that Mila wins this particular match up, then elaborate. Then I will explain why Ayane has no problems with this match up.

If not, then this will just be left at a stand-still.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Does anyone have any tips against Helena? I haven't fought her very much and she was just killing me with all her low moves. Should I try to crush her lows (with 3H+K?) or try and block and throw maybe? I dont know, any advice would be welcome.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
If she keeps using lows you have a low OH (3T) at your disposal if 3H+K doesn't cut it. I suggest you use it (against Ayane it tends to be pretty good too). Other option is 9P.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
If she keeps using lows you have a low OH (3T) at your disposal if 3H+K doesn't cut it. I suggest you use it (against Ayane it tends to be pretty good too). Other option is 9P.
Wow all this time and I never paid attention to the fact that 3T is an OH. Seems a little risky though. I really just need to spend more time learning Helena's moves.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Definitely Bass, Leon, and Rachel. Overall she doesn't really have bad matchups. Kasumi, Christie, Lei Fang, and Alpha are her toughest fights.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Ah sweet! I can understand why those are the cases. For Bass, Leon, and Rachel... they are kind of... big targets. Mila can play a little more offensively around these individuals because of it.
From earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that Mila is going to have to take a slightly defensive approach against the more quicker characters. I can also see why Lei Fang would be a bit tough for Mila, mainly because of her 4P+K mid parry bypassing mid hold system to an extent and having quick a few sabaki's/crush moves.

... I notice that Mila has... really high damage output! All of that while having relatively sweet mix ups as well. Very versatile. Such a cool character.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I've fought a player well known as Awesmic - a lethal Christie player within a lobby yesterday.
I'm still relatively new to the game, being a scrub - but according to what I had experienced... and several of the posts made here on this thread discussion... got a feeling that Christie might actually be one of Mila's worse match ups.
Christie's Punch is i9 frame start up, plus she has a special side step that crushes a lot of highs/mids. Very dangerous. Another thing is that... Christie's offense, especially towards the wall, really IS god-like.
In that case, Mila would have to poke around a bit more while blocking the strings carefully. A keep-away game while Mila fishing for CH's with carefully placed attacks. (Might be easily said than done but... there is work that needs to done during the match up).

mpgeist

Standard Donor
I've fought a player well known as Awesmic - a lethal Christie player within a lobby yesterday.
I'm still relatively new to the game, being a scrub - but according to what I had experienced... and several of the posts made here on this thread discussion... got a feeling that Christie might actually be one of Mila's worse match ups.
Christie's Punch is i9 frame start up, plus she has a special side step that crushes a lot of highs/mids. Very dangerous. Another thing is that... Christie's offense, especially towards the wall, really IS god-like.
In that case, Mila would have to poke around a bit more while blocking the strings carefully. A keep-away game while Mila fishing for CH's with carefully placed attacks. (Might be easily said than done but... there is work that needs to done during the match up).
Yeah, Awesmic's Christie wrecked my Mila pretty bad. Spacing is super important it seems in that matchup.

Dark_Ky

how do i counter her multiple groundhits when she has me in her "takedown" hold? how do i escape mutiple chainthrows in general. i have no clue lol

Devilreaper

how do i counter her multiple groundhits when she has me in her "takedown" hold? how do i escape mutiple chainthrows in general. i have no clue lol
Go to the training room and practice their chain grabs, put the ai escape on fast, not fastest.

For example, choose Mila and practice her :6::6::F: :P:,:P:,:P:. if you know how to execute it properly then you will also know how to escape it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD