DOA5U Ok! I'm Ready anytime!! Mila DOA5U Matchups & Strategy discussion thread

YoshioKST

I'm scrubbing around and having tons of problems with Ayane too : /, is there anything Mila has that I should use against her 4P? Tracking mid, it's a high crush, maybe a mid crush too, I'm not sure. It's very fast too. Is counterhold my best option?

Jefffcore

I'm scrubbing around and having tons of problems with Ayane too : /, is there anything Mila has that I should use against her 4P? Tracking mid, it's a high crush, maybe a mid crush too, I'm not sure. It's very fast too. Is counterhold my best option?
1p+k?

Mila loses to Ayane.
I haven't played any good Ayane's since I started playing again, so I'm going to ask: What's her damage like, and how well does she utilize the ground?

I'm pretty confident Mila plays the ground better, and has a higher average damage. Otherwise they can deal with each other pretty evenly standing. I can't see Ayane's having any advantage...

In vanilla I would have said Mila had the advantage, but her whiff punishment took a poop.

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
Ok so i was watching some japanese matches for DOA5UA and i saw a Mila do an interesting setup near the wall. He/she would wall splat you once and get a combo going and bounce you back to the wall. Afterwards, they would do :2::K: and then :2::F+P: (throw). If the opponent tech's, she's +. If they don't tech, she'll get the ground grab for guaranteed damage. After further testing, i made :rig: throw a high jab after he techs and i manage to beat his 10i jab with Mila's :6::P:, BUT.. when i made :kasumi: throw out a high jab she managed to beat her out. If im beating out Rig's 10i jab with a 12 frame mid, how come i can't trade blows with Kasumi's? If you do the math, i should be +3 if im beating out Rig's high jab, so i should be able to trade with Kasumi's jab, but this isn't the case. And then there's instances where i DO beat her 9i high jab. Its so weird :confused:

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It might be a range/hitbox issue. I remember I had problems like that when I tested stuff like that.

Jefffcore

I've tried the ground throw thing. I don't really know if everyone thinks they're getting it due to the timing of it, or if I'm missing something. As far as I know, If you get the ground throw animation you end up at negative when they tech. To get positive you have to get the regular 2t, but that whiffs.

Is the k just there for timing, or is it hitting? I can't see how it would matter, but...

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
I've tried the ground throw thing. I don't really know if everyone thinks they're getting it due to the timing of it, or if I'm missing something. As far as I know, If you get the ground throw animation you end up at negative when they tech. To get positive you have to get the regular 2t, but that whiffs.

Is the k just there for timing, or is it hitting? I can't see how it would matter, but...
its kinda like an option select. If you do 2K and then 2T you're either gonna get the throw for guaranteed damage or frame advantage when they tech. It won't say your + when they tech but your basically +. Do 2K RIGHT after you wall splat them a second time and do 2T afterwards.

Jefffcore

Yeah. Doesn't work...

None of those things shoud effect the outcome. The 2k doesn't really seem to work for timing, so I still don't understand. You're trying to os with a ground throw, but if your timing is right you get the ground throw animation, and it's slow. No advantage. If I do 2k, 2t right after I only get advantage if they don't tech, it's too soon to even get a ground throw; if they do tech I'm getting hit.

Do you have the CPU on random or are you switching back and forth?

I kinda think everyone's mistaking that it works because of the timing. I thought it work at first, then realized my timing was wrong.

Post the match video?

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
Yeah. Doesn't work...

None of those things shoud effect the outcome. The 2k doesn't really seem to work for timing, so I still don't understand. You're trying to os with a ground throw, but if your timing is right you get the ground throw animation, and it's slow. No advantage. If I do 2k, 2t right after I only get advantage if they don't tech, it's too soon to even get a ground throw; if they do tech I'm getting hit.

Do you have the CPU on random or are you switching back and forth?

I kinda think everyone's mistaking that it works because of the timing. I thought it work at first, then realized my timing was wrong.

Post the match video?

I had the CPU set to do a high punch after they tech, i was able to do :6::P: afterwards and managed to get a counter hit. Here's the video:

At around the 4:35 mark is when they did the setup.

Jefffcore

They did it right at the beginning, but they aren't getting a ground throw animation. If the person had laid there the throw would have whiffed.

The one where they got the throw, they did it a split second later. If the person had etched they wouldn't have had advantage.

It's all a timing thing, I promise.

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
They did it right at the beginning, but they aren't getting a ground throw animation. If the person had laid there the throw would have whiffed.

The one where they got the throw, they did it a split second later. If the person had etched they wouldn't have had advantage.

It's all a timing thing, I promise.

When they didn't tech... i got the ground throw. The CPU couldn't tech it.after laying on the ground.. and they get up FASTER than we do.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I can't at the moment... but i will. I don't see how this will affect the setup though

Nereus

Standard Donor
Removes human error

Ok i tested the setup again with random recovery and as i thought, i got the same results :). It also depends on the way you finish the combo/wall splat. Did you do :P::P::P::6::P: or :6::P::P: to end the combo? because both of those options work.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I should be home all day, if you get on send me an invite. I swear it doesn't work.

Alright i will if i get on today. But it'll be hard to tell if it works in the lag lol. ill just show you what im doing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD