Online is dying out??

Saber

Considering I rarely play online, it wouldn't matter much to me.

However, when I feel like it, I can hardly get rank matches. I'd be lucky to even get one. Lobbies are still pretty active, though, its mostly Japanese lobbies that are online, but maybe that's just my time zone.

Davey2100

It's so strange that this game is so dead online so soon...it is:

Currently free on european PS+
Has a demo on vita which allows online
has cross-play between ps3 and vita

I think the biggest killer to the online on this game is how poorly they handled it at first, the matchmaking was horrible and it was a lagfest and it took them 4 months to fix it. when street fighter x tekken came out and had those online issues i returned a week later and have never looked back. I only stuck with doa cause im a big doa fan but i can see many just giving up.

I'm sure the matchmaking is still botched tho, why do i fight someone then not see them again? or if i search long enough i might see them again 10-20 mins later.

Also an annoying thing on the vita is that you'll get stuck searching and you cannot cancel out so you have to restart the game if you wanna do something else. another thing which is just going to turn people off.

one last annoying thing is how the default setting are, if you're an F rank, you will only search for F ranks, if you're D you will only search for D ranks, i bet many people just keep the default settings.

whoever was charge of the online portion of doa5 completely messed up, well done.

NightAntilli

The new connection setting option isn't really helping. The few people that play often set it to 5 bars, making it really hard to find rooms. 3 or 4 bars I can live with, but 5? Even when you're from the same country, it's hard to impossible to have a 5 bar connection.

Raansu

The new connection setting option isn't really helping. The few people that play often set it to 5 bars, making it really hard to find rooms. 3 or 4 bars I can live with, but 5? Even when you're from the same country, it's hard to impossible to have a 5 bar connection.

Yeah, that is starting to piss me off. It defaults to 5 though so I think most people just don't even realize it, but still it's annoying.

WiZzYx

The online is dying because of the game itself. Don't blame other fighting games. They coexist perfectly...just look the online of SSFV IV AE, UMvC3, TTT2, SCV, Skullgirls.

Ghosty-J

This is the biggest reason I think online died out and turned into a wasteland. The most I can get are 3-4 bars, and very rarely do I ever get 5. Pretty much everyone set their connection to 5, thereby locking out the majority of the player base. Everyone should lower their standards regarding connection rates in this game because nobody's ever able to play each other that way D:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The funny thing about the whole connection restriction thing is that even when I'm actually able to join a room that's been set to only allow 5 bar players, I usually only have 4 bars with everyone it, once I've joined.

FakeSypha

Well, a refreshing experience after not playing for some time. Yesterday I created a room (+3 bar filter) on PSN. For my surprise I got like 5-6 fellas who joined in the afternoon. A couple of BRs who shown 2 bar connection and suddenly just 1. Those fights were a laggy mess, sadly. I don't know what's with some Brazilians. With some of them I get a butter smooth connection. Then, with others I get huge amounts of lag spikes with horrible input delay. It's a miss or hit thing.
Anyway, later on some dudes with 4 bar connection joined the lobby. I'll assume they were fellow Argentinians, because I never get that amount of bars T_T
They seemed to be total noobs with no experience in FGs. After a couple of loses, they just left the lobby. I feel like I scared them away...

whathaveidone.jpg

WiZzYx

I played yesterday for 15 minutes...I give one more chance to the game. I found 1 lobby without quality filter. After 2 matches, the host left the room; definitely DoA is dead for me.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm not gonna lie, my connection has nothing to do with why I don't play online much, as I'm usually on a wired connection. Aside from the possibility my roommates could be playing online simultaneously on my free time (which is getting more and more narrow), I don't play online much because I simply don't have the confidence to play outside of my usual friends or because I'm afraid someone will try to blow me up and convince everyone to hate me, especially on stream. Until I overcome that fear or improve myself, I'm shying away from public rooms.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I'm not gonna lie, my connection has nothing to do with why I don't play online much, as I'm usually on a wired connection. Aside from the possibility my roommates could be playing online simultaneously on my free time (which is getting more and more narrow), I don't play online much because I simply don't have the confidence to play outside of my usual friends or because I'm afraid someone will try to blow me up and convince everyone to hate me, especially on stream. Until I overcome that fear or improve myself, I'm shying away from public rooms.
You can't be afraid to fail. Everyone fails. Thing is, people make more noise when it is in their favor.

shunwong

Well, a refreshing experience after not playing for some time. Yesterday I created a room (+3 bar filter) on PSN. For my surprise I got like 5-6 fellas who joined in the afternoon. A couple of BRs who shown 2 bar connection and suddenly just 1. Those fights were a laggy mess, sadly. I don't know what's with some Brazilians. With some of them I get a butter smooth connection. Then, with others I get huge amounts of lag spikes with horrible input delay. It's a miss or hit thing.
Anyway, later on some dudes with 4 bar connection joined the lobby. I'll assume they were fellow Argentinians, because I never get that amount of bars T_T
They seemed to be total noobs with no experience in FGs. After a couple of loses, they just left the lobby. I feel like I scared them away...

whathaveidone.jpg

In my experience, brazilians and mexicans are the laggiest MFerz on earth

FakeSypha

@Shunwong; You're from Spain, I guess it's understandable if you get silly amounts of lag when playing BRs and Mexicans.

Dave

This!!!!!!! Like I'm afraid that people will see me at my worst and deem me terrible. I know I'm not terrible, but I am by no means great. I usually stay off the game (in online terms) unless I have friends. It's not that I don't want to lose, I just don't want to be made to look like a joke. I don't feel that way in other games when I lose, but it's different here. I've come to the realization that fighting games are the most difficult learn and play.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
This!!!!!!! Like I'm afraid that people will see me at my worst and deem me terrible. I know I'm not terrible, but I am by no means great. I usually stay off the game (in online terms) unless I have friends. It's not that I don't want to lose, I just don't want to be made to look like a joke. I don't feel that way in other games when I lose, but it's different here. I've come to the realization that fighting games are the most difficult learn and play.
Same here.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Tell that to the top players. They NEVER failed in their life.
I feel sorry for those people, and let me explain why. It means that playing this game is their greatest accomplishment. The problem is, it's a finite goal. Once they've achieved that, they can't apply their knowledge towards the next goal. So instead of moving on, they're like King Kong, sitting at the top and swatting at anything within their reach to knock it down.

And remember. King Kong dies at the end of the movie.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD