Pai combos

HoodsXx

If they hold it you just use 214T or PP4P. Against a wall WR K does wonders too
If they hold it you can't do 214T lol... also. When you do WR P+K if they do hold and miss you have to turn around and then input 214T turning around = 5 frames and 214T is 12 (14i) so lol.... 19 frames for you to try and do that. Not wise. Also PP4P is BT is all highs and leaves you back in BT by the time you get PP out they could hold the 4P or just SE then low crush you. Anyways here's a wall combo to try. 46T 6P PPK 66H+K 2P+K P WR P+KP. You can if you want switch up WR P+KP for 466P+K. Last one from me. 46T 6P P 3P(K) PHPHPH WR P+KP. Good luck with those they work fine on lights/mids. For the last combo I posted just don't do the last PH and do WR P+KP earlier for it to hit. I'll post a video of these combos later today as well.

Kevin Shimify

I dunno how late I am, but I've recently been experimenting on some Pai mix ups using her 9p+k set up. Works wonders IMO. It's allowed me to use different mixes.

Also if anyone lands a CH :6::6::H+K:, I usually follow with the usual :2::P+K:, and as risky as it is, if they hold wrong, landing :P+K: right after gives a sit down stun for a critical burst follow up. I haven't fully tested if it's fullproof, but if not, she's got a LOT of launchers to substitute her burst.

Preferably her :K:. No one expects a mid Pai launch. It's less damage, but if you're gonna land a full combo, every hit that goes through counts. ^_^

Kevin Shimify

Yeah the sit down stun does guarantee a launcher. That combo I displayed there was just to change it up a bit. Since you won't always get her sit down stun on stunned opponents as people love to hold mid punch. So I put the 3H+K launcher in there instead.

Have you tried using her 6p+k as a way of starting her combos? The fact that you can delay it is suuuper useful. I've been messing around with it lately and it's been pretty useful for mix ups( which is mostly what I want of her). Plus if they try to hold afterwards, you have the option of turning into her stance for a grab/low stagger.

Then follow up with whatever. (Somehow I enjoy playing trickster) since there isn't a lot of people who know Pai that well, I tend to follow up to her 3pk~ to launch. If not, I'd probably say 3pk4 4k. Bad idea? Feedback? XD

HoodsXx

Bble
Have you tried using her 6p+k as a way of starting her combos? The fact that you can delay it is suuuper useful. I've been messing around with it lately and it's been pretty useful for mix ups( which is mostly what I want of her). Plus if they try to hold afterwards, you have the option of turning into her stance for a grab/low stagger.

Then follow up with whatever. (Somehow I enjoy playing trickster) since there isn't a lot of people who know Pai that well, I tend to follow up to her 3pk~ to launch. If not, I'd probably say 3pk4 4k. Bad idea? Feedback? XD
I'll talk about both posts here. Firt 2P+K after 66H+K on CH does work. The problem with it though is a) if the stun threshold is too deep it'll knock down and secondly the stun isn't very deep and can be slow escaped. About the 9P+K stance only viability I see from it is using the P since if they slow escape and block that's a +1 on block for you letting you frame trap them. The low can be used to reset the stun. But, most of the time you can get hit out of the stance before the low even comes out. The OH out of the stance I haven't found much use for other than setting things back to neutral but.... either way can still work in your favor sometimes. About the 3pk. Some people do fall for it but most of the time its held on reaction now considering how slow it is. Since the game has been out for a couple months now people are quite use to that move being pulled out but it does still work. Id say use it twice every 5-7 rounds so it doesn't become predictable Lastly about the 3pk4 you'll never have a time where you can use that successfully as its not practical. Cancelling 66P+K is a good option but not 3pk4 as its extremely slow and leaves her very vulnerable. 4k as a launcher is good and definitely can be used well.

Codemaster92163

So I finally was able to play this game again after two months, so the patch is still new to me. I was messing around in training (and of course I'm depressed about :6::6::h::+::K:), but I found a pretty fun combo.

With the new mechanics on :4::K:, a pretty simple combo is: Any stun followed by :4::K::2: > :P::9::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :3::3::P::+::K: > :6::K::P::7::K:

The nice thing about it is that not only are you left with mixup as soon as you use :P::9::P::+::K: , but it's really hard for opponents to counter the following :P: due to your ability to delay it for as long as you want. If you hold it too long, the combo won't work, but it's just a matter of when you feel like using it. The combo only works on flat surfaces, though, since it's one of the +46 :4::6::h::+::K: combos instead of the usual +44. That said, so long as you get it, the ender is the most damaging I've found after the rebound (apart from getting wall damage with :P::P::K::K:

I really like her new stun game, especially now that :4::4::P: can be linked into :4::P::+::K: :P: for a sit-down stun if they don't slow escape fast enough or counter wrong.

Kevin Shimify

So I finally was able to play this game again after two months, so the patch is still new to me. I was messing around in training (and of course I'm depressed about :6::6::h::+::K:), but I found a pretty fun combo.

With the new mechanics on :4::K:, a pretty simple combo is: Any stun followed by :4::K::2: > :P::9::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :3::3::P::+::K: > :6::K::P::7::K:
You have better mix ups than this one. This one tends to be sluggish. Although your options are pretty wide before the crit burst. Switching it to h+k
The nice thing about it is that not only are you left with mixup as soon as you use :P::9::P::+::K: , but it's really hard for opponents to counter the following :P: due to your ability to delay it for as long as you want. If you hold it too long, the combo won't work, but it's just a matter of when you feel like using it. The combo only works on flat surfaces, though, since it's one of the +46 :4::6::h::+::K: combos instead of the usual +44. That said, so long as you get it, the ender is the most damaging I've found after the rebound (apart from getting wall damage with :P::P::K::K:

I really like her new stun game, especially now that :4::4::P: can be linked into :4::P::+::K: :P: for a sit-down stun if they don't slow escape fast enough or counter wrong.

Codemaster92163

It's been forever since anyone has posted in here, so I figured I'd add a few of my counter combos in this thread. Most of these combos will involve the use of :4::6::h::+::K: , so floor damage can be added in on most of these juggles - that being why I do not mention it unless there are additional attacks that add floor damage as well. I'm hoping you're reading this, because I'll be using the abbreviation FS to indicate that a combo should only be used on flat surfaces due to its use of the :4::6::h::+::K: just frame. Any combo that does not have the FS label attached can be used wherever in most circumstances (use your own reasoning to determine if it's suitable for your current location). For most of these combos, I'm only giving the most damaging options you can use. Any other variation on moves, whether done by location or preference, can be substituted in.

-- High Kicks --

Lightweights - Guaranteed: :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::6::P: > :9::K::K: (65 damage HCH + floor damage)

Midweights - Before I discuss high kick counters and midweight classes, I should mention that this is a unique situation. Your juggle will change based on if the opponent slow escapes or not. There are 3 possible combos because of this. I will list them all and at which slow escape speed they are used.

No slow escape: Guaranteed: :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::6::P: > :9::K::K: (50 damage HCH + floor damage)
Slow to Fast slow escape: Guaranteed: :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::+::K::H+P: (63 damage HCH)
Fastest slow escape: Guaranteed: Slightly delayed :6::6::h::+::K: > :4::K: > :P: > :P: > :P::P::P::7::K: (91 damage HCH)

Heavyweights - Guaranteed: :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K: (54 damage HCH)

Note: If your opponent is a God at slow escaping, they can occasionally slow escape the stun of this counter, making anything impossible to hit. However, that requires amazing dexterity on their part. So while on a technical basis high kick counter juggles are not guaranteed, they will more often than not succeed without being interrupted. Even so, your options kind of suck ass anyways, so it's not like you're losing much damage here if they do shake the stun.

-- Mid Kicks --

Lightweights - Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: >:3::3::P::+::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: (99 damage HCH FS)
- Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :9::K: > :P::P::K::K: (93 damage HCH + wall damage FS)
- Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: (86 damage HCH)

Midweights - Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: (86 damage HCH)

Heavyweights - Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :P: > :P::P::K::K: (78 damage + wall damage HCH)

-- Low Kicks --

Lightweights - Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: (99 damage HCH)

Midweights - Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: (93 damage HCH)

Heavyweights - Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :P: > :P::P::K::K: (92 damage + wall damage HCH FS)
- Guaranteed: :3::3::P::+::K: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :P: > :P::P::K::K: (86 damage + wall damage HCH)

-- High Punches --

Lightweights - Guaranteed: :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::6::P: > :P::P::P::7::K: ( 77 damage HCH)

Midweights - Guaranteed: :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::6::P: > :P::K::2: (68 damage HCH)

Heavyweights - Guaranteed: :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K: (59 damage HCH)
- Guaranteed: :6::6: > :3::3::P::+::K: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :P: > :P::P::K::K: (83 damage HCH) Note: The rate at which they slow escape determines the window to use :3::3::P::+::K:. The faster they shake the stun, the faster you must do your input. Using this combo on lightweights and midweights is fickle at best, since the speed at which they shake the stun determines when you must use :3::3::P::+::K:, and that window is very short, so I advise only using it on heavyweights considering your other options for that weight class are almost none existent.

-- Mid and Low Punches --

Every Weight Class - There are no guaranteed juggles for mid and low punch counters. Simply do what you feel fits the situation and your opponent best.

-- Special Combos --

Off of certain counters (Low kick counters, mid kick counters, mid punch counters), you have a great option available to you should your opponent counter instantly. While the juggles I listed above are all guaranteed, this one is not, and is dependent on your opponents countering habits. This juggle and its variations are a great way to scare your opponent into not instantly countering to get out of the stun, allowing you to mix up whatever move you wish to start with, such as a :P::+::K: sit down stun, or everyone's favorite :6::6::h::+::K:, or whatever else you may wish to try. So, if you can bait your opponent into countering right off the bat, you can do insanely powerful juggles (guaranteed as soon as the first hit lands) off of the aforementioned counters.

Lightweights - :4::P::+::K: > :P: > :h::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: (92 + starting counter damage + floor damage HCH)

Midweights - :4::P::+::K: > :P: > :h::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: (92 + starting counter damage + floor damage HCH)

Heavyweights - :4::P::+::K: > :P: > :h::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :P: > :P::P::K::K: ( 91 + starting counter damage + floor damage HCH)

Every Weight Class - If your counter was a High Counter, you can use :4::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: for a guaranteed CB into whatever CB combo fits the situation and weight class. Those combos are listed elsewhere on this thread, so go find them if you're looking for the best CB combos. As such, it's almost always in your best interest to forego the juggle I mentioned above and instead opt for the CB when you have a High Counter.

Codemaster92163

I'm sorry for the double post, but I didn't want to add a throw combo in a post dedicated to counter combos. So, off of her :3::3::H+P: , you can hit :h: to turn around then use :P::+::K: > :3::3::P::+::K: then whatever string suits the weight class thereafter. On a High Counter Throw, you can use :P::+::K: then :6::6::P: for a GUARANTEED CB. That's right - she has a throw that guarantees her a CB.

A unique property of that CB combo is that they won't be launched the appropriate height following whatever launch you use. So, for lightweights, you can follow up your CB with :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :3::3::P::+::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: For midweights, you launch with :1::P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :3::3::P::+::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: and for heavyweights, well I hate heavyweights, so just use whatever will hit their fat asses.

Also, I only just noticed that her :6::P::+::K::9::P::+::K::P: string can actually function just like her BKT :P::9::P::+::K::P: string if you delay it. The property I'm talking about is the ability to attack the opponents back and give you the special launch. As I said, you just have to delay the :9::P::+::K::P: portion of the move, but only slightly. If you do, you'll attack their backs and get the best launch for the attack.

Last edited:

oxorickyoxo

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I was in training mode with Pai today and I did her :7::K: but it was while i was in BT.

I was confused and didn't know how i did it, but after a couple of minutes I found the input was:

BT :7::8::9::K:

Really weird input for a move but it is a small launcher, and you can do some form of a combo with it~ here are some examples:

:6::6::P::+::K: > :P: > :9::K: > :4::4::P: > BT:P::+::K: > BT:7::8::9::K: > BT:P::P::K::K:

or

:6::6::P::+::K: > :4::6::K: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :4::4::P: >BT :7::8::9::K: > BT:P::P::K::K:

Not the most practical combos, I admit! But it's a nice little 9/ 10 hit combo, and it's different I guess!

I find the best thing to do with this is to begin inputting :7::8::9::K: while she's still in her :4::4::P: / BT :P::+::K: animation. The combo will still work fine, and any input whiffs will be avoided (sometimes the :7::8::9::K: input is so strict, and she will end up just turning around and just doing her :9::K: , which will still launch them, but it won't be her funky BT :7::8::9::K: launcher, but if you input it while she's still in her :4::4::P:/ BT :P::+::K:animation, it will work 100% of the time).

Mix it up and maybe add that move into your own combos every now and then- it might throw people off, especially because I find most people counter mid:P: when fighting against my Pai- they don't often expect a mid:K: to come out that late into a combo.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I was in training mode with Pai today and I did her :7::K: but it was while i was in BT.

Its not a glitch, its a tricky move( I like it actually even though you don't get really a lot off of it). Basically you do it that in between the animation of a move that puts her in BT(or if shes already BT). I hope in ultimate its can be done like in VF

Codemaster92163

As we all are painfully aware, Pai doesn't get that good of combos off her CB when next to a wall. With the removal of her :6::6::h::+::K: rebound, she's left with simple, weak juggles for little damage. However, if you'd like to mix things up every once in a while, :4::P::+::K: > :h::+::K: has an interesting property in that it essentially resets the CB, leaving you at +7 backturned with several options available to you.

Now of course, you can just opt for her force tech, but they're removing that in Ultimate - and besides, this is far less noticeable and without the risk of whiffing anything. When the opponent is pinned at the wall (or even when they're not, but you have a wealth of options when at a wall), the kick will briefly stun them and leave you at +7 and backturned, as mentioned above. Finishing the string will net you less damage than her other combos, but it leaves them in a deep stun lying on the ground, so it makes it easy to tech them up if they remain lying down. On the other hand, the move is so unexpected and the frames so great, you can quickly turn around and initiate a throw loop.

Other options are available, of course, considering she's turned around. Most every move has a use in that situation, and your opponent's options are limited. They can sidestep, sure, but the throws will beat that out as well as their counters. They have no way to beat out your attacks, since the +7 makes most of her BT moves far less than 9 frames. So you really only have to decide whether you want to throw them, restun them, or just get a pseudo force-tech from finishing the string.

I've been using this all day today (not every time, of course - gotta mix it up), and trust me, it's a rather nice way to finish what would otherwise be a lackluster CB combo. Now, if they reimplement the rebound of :6::6::h::+::K:, I don't see myself using this all too often. But with the changes to come to her force techs, and since we all know she gets piss-poor damage without a rebound, which walls end up nullifying, I really like using this set-up. If you don't trust me on its uses, try it out yourself every so often. Try out different mix-ups from it, and see if it suits you.

Kevin Shimify

I like the idea! ^.^
I'm also gonna work hard to re-claim one of the pro Pai players once ultimate comes
Out on the Vita. And as always, it's very fun trying out your new methods, Code. XD

Codemaster92163

If they re-implement the bound off of :6::6::h::+::K:, I have a few combos I learned just days prior to it being patched out that I'll share here. One of them is quite beautiful, if I may say so myself, and comes with a great mix-up, so that's another thing to look forward to should they reintroduce it.

Oh, as a random aside, a new force tech (which may or may not be removed come DOAU's release) is iWR :P::+::K: :4::K:. It works well against walls, and does more damage than the original :P: :P::+::K: force tech, and can actually be used after :4::6::h::+::K: juggles as well (but only under certain circumstances, and it's so irritatingly inconsistent that you shouldn't even bother with it unless at a wall).

As for more useful information, I have several other variants to her :6::4::H+P: strings (some of which can't be slow escaped) to offer.

:P::P: > :4::K::2: > :P::+::K: > :6::6::P: (can't slow escape, and can substitute the :P::+::K: stun for an :h::+::K: launch or :P::9::P::+::K::P: launch)

:P::P: > :P::+::K: > :3::3::P::+::K: (can't slow escape)

:P::P::4::P: > :P::+::K: > :2::P::4: > :P: (can only slow escape the :P::+::K: stun leading into the :2::P:)

:P::P::4::P: > :2::P::4: > :P: (can't slow escape, acts as an alternative to the above combo, still granting a CB)

:P::P::4::P: > :P::K::2: > :P:

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Also, interesting note, the lightest characters in the game (Eliot, Hitomi, Kokoro, Mila, and Sarah) can be hit with the :4::6::h::+::K: bound after her :2::4::T: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :4::K:

It also hits them at the perfect frame, so you can do the just frame version of the combo as well. Just thought you guys may like to know that.

Kevin Shimify

Also, interesting note, the lightest characters in the game (Eliot, Hitomi, Kokoro, Mila, and Sarah) can be hit with the :4::6::h::+::K: bound after her :2::4::H+P: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :4::K:

It also hits them at the perfect frame, so you can do the just frame version of the combo as well. Just thought you guys may like to know that.

Wow! Dang! I'm seriously missing out nowadays. I seriously need to get back into DOA! I left it for a while now. Have you heard of the Old vs New going on? Sounds awesome, right? NanhouDrops made it to the new people! That means I have a chance! HAHAHA! I need to retrain my Pai mix ups.

Also do you know how to guarantee pai's force tech :P+K:?

Codemaster92163

Well, there's a few new combos you can pull off, but I only care to list a few.

After her PB, use :236::P+K: > :4::4::P: (this punch should whiff) > :2::P+K: > :6::4::P: > :P: > :4::6::H+K:

For midweights after the bound, it counts as the JF version, so go ahead and use :3::3::P+K: >:6::K::P::7::K:
For lights, just use whatever works.

Or, after her PL, you can try for (dash) :4::P+K::P: > :P+K: > :P: > :4::6::H+K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K:

If you end up using her MS :P: SDS at max threshold on accident, it now counts as a bound rather than just hitting them to the ground, so you can follow it up with BKT :H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:

synce

Interesting looking combos. I think Pai is one of the few characters that people can really get creative with in 5U

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD