Pai combos

HoodsXx

WHYYYYYYYYYYY.... my precious 66H+K... it hurts.... the follow up after HAK P also got screwed by this, so thats danm near useless other than frame trapping at this point
Pretty much. QQ She can still do juggles.. but not as rewarding. And Force tech's can only do so much qq. Especially since side steps are going to be fixed now too. QQ

synce

I've already gotten over it... My old CB setup did 142, new does 130. Old mid counter did 81, new is still 81. I'm still doing 20+ hit combos in shrine without 66h+k and I'm sure there's even more damaging options if I look harder.

When you take into account Pai's speed, safety, huge buffs to stun game, new CB, and reduced lifebar she'll definitely be AT LEAST high tier in 1.03. I'll even bet on it :)

HoodsXx

I've already gotten over it... My old CB setup did 142, new does 130. Old mid counter did 81, new is still 81. I'm still doing 20+ hit combos in shrine without 66h+k and I'm sure there's even more damaging options if I look harder.

When you take into account Pai's speed, safety, huge buffs to stun game, new CB, and reduced lifebar she'll definitely be AT LEAST high tier in 1.03. I'll even bet on it :)
So the question now, is how many guesses does it take for you to get to that 130? Is it on NH CH or HCH? Another thing, her open space game was never bad, just the 66H+K made it "better" she still has amazing juggles in that regard. But have you tried doing wall combos and see what you can get with them w/o having to use 66H+K? That's where she's going to be lacking the most. Her 214T on HCH is still good even w/o 66H+K that didn't really hurt her grabs that much, as I can still get a P 46H+K P PPKK if I want in there or go for the FT and continue pressuring them into the wall. Her speed and stun buffs will help. New CB don't know about that as it's not much faster than her 66P (21 frames) while 2P+K 4P Is (19 frames), so it'll still be fairly slow and harder to get off imo, since that stance leaves you really vulnerable but we'll see. The only thing I"m concerned about is her Hakkeshou P (4P+KP) Apparently that gives a sit down stun, but unless your opponent is pretty much stupid, getting that off is going to be next to impossible, as no one respects that stance since you can just jab her out of it. Plus you can't even delay the attack, as you have to go right into it... So unless they made it where you can evade "some" highs while using it, it's still useless.. Not saying she won't be high tier in 1.03, just that she'll have to guess more for her guaranteed damage unlike before. And walls now are going to be shitty for her + some dangerzone effects.

synce

I'm finding that her new combos (including wall) only do 10-15 less damage for me and sometimes the damage is virtually identical. Considering 10% reduction to lifebar I'm fine with it...

The only problem is her HCH 214T setup, which now does 85-90 depending on weight instead of 110-120 (for me anyway). I think the sole reason they nerfed 66H+K is to prevent Pai from doing Bass-level damage with HCH grab.

Anyway this is my new BnB for now:

33p+k,p,46h+k,p(or 64p),ppkk - 80dmg on ch (light/mid)
33p+k,46h+k,ppkk - 70dmg on ch (heavy)

I'm eager for patch tomorrow so I can work on some cool new CB setups

phoenix1985gr

Yeah i know... but i thought in stun cases it knocked down... (when i tried to use it in training for cb setup) am i wrong? Anyway cant you just launch after the sitdown? why risk a hold on your launcher?

HoodsXx

Yeah i know... but i thought in stun cases it knocked down... (when i tried to use it in training for cb setup) am i wrong? Anyway cant you just launch after the sitdown? why risk a hold on your launcher?
Yeah the sit down stun does guarantee a launcher. That combo I displayed there was just to change it up a bit. Since you won't always get her sit down stun on stunned opponents as people love to hold mid punch. So I put the 3H+K launcher in there instead.

Nuke-Nin

Don't know if posted already but we all know her infamous combo 66H+K ~ 2P+K :5: T

Well here are some other versions:
8P+K ~ 66H+K ~ 2P+K :5: T note: this was tested with the fastest SE on so if you land the first hit and finish the combo its 77 Dmg on CH and 86 Dmg on HCH settings 8P+K does not stun on NH so you'll probably have to start the stun before doing it on NM (which online is impossible so here ya go!)

Allan Paris

I'm trying to figure out what's 8P+K? Yeah answer that for me please, I am drawing a blank on that one I'm not in front of the game. I have never pressed that notation for any move of hers front or back facing.

That hit-throw from BT 2P+K is only good to do if you manage to use her GB from 3P(hold)K. Other than that, you'd be sacrificing good damage for no reason. If 66H+K lands on CH or HCH it'd be best to launch and then juggle or go into her force tech for pressure if you're up for guessing to fish for more damage.

Nuke-Nin

I'm trying to figure out what's 8P+K? Yeah answer that for me please, I am drawing a blank on that one I'm not in front of the game. I have never pressed that notation for any move of hers front or back facing.

That hit-throw from BT 2P+K is only good to do if you manage to use her GB from 3P(hold)K. Other than that, you'd be sacrificing good damage for no reason. If 66H+K lands on CH or HCH it'd be best to launch and then juggle or go into her force tech for pressure if you're up for guessing to fish for more damage.
sorry my bad there is no 8P+K its regular P+K i think its where she slaps her open palm hand down onto the opp. and causes a unholdable sitdown stun

HoodsXx

I found some neat new combos and even a buffed up wall game from what I was originally using. I'll post my findings soon. PS: only difficulty is the execution to do these are really tight.

synce

Haven't spent too much time with Pai but here's something from 1.03

2H+K,WR P+K,2P4P,33P+K,P,46H+K,P,PPKK = 100 NH light and mid

This basic setup can be mixed up so many ways. So glad they didn't nerf 2H+K at least :cool:

HoodsXx

Haven't spent too much time with Pai but here's something from 1.03

2H+K,WR P+K,2P4P,33P+K,P,46H+K,P,PPKK = 100 NH light and mid

This basic setup can be mixed up so many ways. So glad they didn't nerf 2H+K at least :cool:
So the combo itself is alright. Only thing I disagree with is using WR P+K within a combo its quite slow and can be held on reaction. Also after 2H+K they can still slow escape and possibly block it if you don't buffer it properly. Which leaves her at disadvantage its also quite unsafe too. I'll provide a combo video soon of where you can use her VF ender (WR P+KP) effectively in a juggle. Just requires you to execute it perfectly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD