PC: Community Mod Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDevious

Standard Donor
Okay, I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but I think this thread is the right place. Either that, or the Texture Editing thread. Anyway, does any of you know where I can get this cracked "steam_api.dll" file everyone says I'll be needing to use the DLC Tool? I can't seem to find a download for it anywhere.. :oops:

C3S4RFC

This is my first DLC MOD:

PANTY FESTIVAL - DLC PACK

This DLC PACK includes costumes (hex edited) of:
Hitomi, Kasumi, Mila, Helena, Kokoro, Christie, Tina, Lisa, Leifang, Marie Rose, Momiji, Rachel,Honoka
EXTRA: Lisa (Tiger dress)

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!xJ5G0YZa!hKwTGpzyFgx12d4w8U45x50G69vxQJc2oIUaxni13Fo

game 2015-04-25 17-57-49-30.jpg
game 2015-04-26 13-41-49-14.jpg
game 2015-04-26 13-40-26-31.jpg

Attachments

• game 2015-04-25 17-46-18-16.jpg
    game 2015-04-25 17-46-18-16.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 1,284
  • game 2015-04-25 17-47-07-98.jpg
    game 2015-04-25 17-47-07-98.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 1,420
  • game 2015-04-26 13-38-33-39.jpg
    game 2015-04-26 13-38-33-39.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 1,440
  • game 2015-04-26 13-43-18-73.jpg
    game 2015-04-26 13-43-18-73.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 1,267

ModusPwnins

Okay, I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but I think this thread is the right place. Either that, or the Texture Editing thread. Anyway, does any of you know where I can get this cracked "steam_api.dll" file everyone says I'll be needing to use the DLC Tool? I can't seem to find a download for it anywhere.. :oops:
It has a different name:

3DMgame.ini

synce

PX80

Hitomi, Kasumi, Mila, Helena, Kokoro, Christie, Tina, Lisa, Leifang, Marie Rose, Momiji, Rachel,Honoka

Download:

View attachment 10701 View attachment 10704View attachment 10703

the game crashes on the characters select screen. thought thats due to other DLC Mods, but after disabling the others ( eg. Holden Swimsuit Mod ) the game still crashes

Download:

View attachment 10701 View attachment 10704View attachment 10703

For some reason, neither syntax on the ini file is making this DLC available to me. Hmmn...

C3S4RFC

the game crashes on the characters select screen. thought thats due to other DLC Mods, but after disabling the others ( eg. Holden Swimsuit Mod ) the game still crashes

I try with only 2 dlc. Its works.

Captura1.JPG
Captura2.JPG

Also putting the other official DLC and it's works.

Captura3.JPG
Captura4.JPG

Note: Not enough to change the steam_api.ini. You need to delete or rename the folders DLC

Last edited:

ChrisArmoun

As C3S4RFC stated, you must delete or rename any dlc you don't want active. The reason I'm doing one huge DLC is because I had intermittent crashes with 2 dlc and with 3 it was constant. I simply renamed the folders the old dlc was in and deleted it's numerical entry in my .ini file and it's been smooth sailing since.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rieve

Hm. I haven't done any modding since DoA3. This might make me want to again but probably won't post anything until I've had a chance to watch Koei-Tecmo for a while to see how they handle modders this time

Tempest

Has anyone gotten custom soundtracks to work? I want to replace the default training theme with Rocky music.

Blash

I can't wait to see the 3D edits. I would be really interested at trying my hand at that.
Looks like TN did a good job hiding them enough so people can't get to them!

The Enforcer

Has anyone gotten custom soundtracks to work? I want to replace the default training theme with Rocky music.
Audio modding has always been very low on the priority list for DOA modding, unless you or a couple other people are really interesting in digging into the file data it's doubtful such a thing will happen anytime soon.

I can't wait to see the 3D edits. I would be really interested at trying my hand at that.
Looks like TN did a good job hiding them enough so people can't get to them!
It's not so much an issue of them hiding it. It's more an issue of commitment level of community people to write the proper scripts and utilities. Mesh editing is possible now, just very complicated.

Blash

It's not so much an issue of them hiding it. It's more an issue of commitment level of community people to write the proper scripts and utilities. Mesh editing is possible now, just very complicated.

I have been working a LOT on 3D and I would love to get my hands on the meshes and mess around with them. Would also love to see how they work, seen as how I am still learning.

The Enforcer

I have been working a LOT on 3D and I would love to get my hands on the meshes and mess around with them. Would also love to see how they work, seen as how I am still learning.

There's plenty of opportunity to do that for the 360 models, to even practice and edit. PC models are only visible in a program called Noesis at the moment. They can be exported as .obj, or even pulled into 3dsmax using Ninja Ripper, but those methods are useless for modding purposes. Best bet is to start learning stuff is import 360 content into 3dsmax with scripts. At least those can be repackaged, serve as a base for PC mods, or least be helpful with learning the structure.

Blash

There's plenty of opportunity to do that for the 360 models, to even practice and edit. PC models are only visible in a program called Noesis at the moment. They can be exported as .obj, or even pulled into 3dsmax using Ninja Ripper, but those methods are useless for modding purposes. Best bet is to start learning stuff is import 360 content into 3dsmax with scripts. At least those can be repackaged, serve as a base for PC mods, or least be helpful with learning the structure.
Thanks, thats excellent! Will do, will give me an edge up on stuff. I am limited in my resources at the moment, most exporters/importers don't work on Macs, and most ripping guides are for PCs alone and working around some of the exe files is a pain when there is no Apple alternative!

Providence

They can be exported as .obj, or even pulled into 3dsmax using Ninja Ripper, but those methods are useless for modding purposes.
Not entirely useless :)

My Chicken Diet Normal Map mod was created the day I could get my hands on the Jann Lee model, I imported it into a sculpting program and subdivided like crazy, and sculpted brand new details which I then baked back on to the low poly base mesh.

Ripping the obj is great for baking textures, or creating new textures.

The Enforcer

Not entirely useless :)

My Chicken Diet Normal Map mod was created the day I could get my hands on the Jann Lee model, I imported it into a sculpting program and subdivided like crazy, and sculpted brand new details which I then baked back on to the low poly base mesh.

Ripping the obj is great for baking textures, or creating new textures.

Good to know. If my statement needs to be refined, then I guess useless for injection & mesh modding purposes for the time being, lol

ChrisArmoun

Soooooo it's looks like my dlc pack is "complete". By complete, I mean the program was accidentally closed before I was done "complete". I really wanted to refine some things, as some outfits weren't complete, and had literally just finished doing two custom previews for Sarah. I was planning to delete some redundant costumes but they will now be included as well so I apologize for that. I was going through doing retextures and adding additional hairstyles that didn't have them. sigh. Will update with screens when I can get the file uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD