PC: Community Mod Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned

What a beautiful Tina!

And thanks so much for the help with Lisa swap.
This is already very good to me.

Really love the maid version!! ^^

KasumiLove

What a beautiful Tina!

And thanks so much for the help with Lisa swap.
This is already very good to me.

Really love the maid version!! ^^

Look on the first page, you'll find a bunch of very helpful tutorial to learn swaping and many things.

Reactions: ned

masked-frenchman

Hello everyone , i'm a newbie here . I read many interesting things on this forum , but i have some questions about the modding possibility and actual limitations of steam version of doa5 .
Anyone know if there a method to insert/import a created 3d mesh in the game via the dlc folder ?
How the rigging work in the doa5 game engine ?
Do you hope to see a steam tool workshop one day?

I post 3 pics of one of my work for christie ,it's not finish yet , that was made in 2 day , concept + modeling.

Sorry for my bad english language .

Ps : if i am on the wrong post i'm sorry about this .

Attachments

• doa 5CHRISTIE majorette 2 (1).png
    doa 5CHRISTIE majorette 2 (1).png
    661.5 KB · Views: 1,135
  • doa 5CHRISTIE majorette 2 (2).png
    doa 5CHRISTIE majorette 2 (2).png
    522.7 KB · Views: 977
  • doa 5CHRISTIE majorette 2 (3).png
    doa 5CHRISTIE majorette 2 (3).png
    809.7 KB · Views: 1,103

KasumiLove

Apparently you can import meshes in blender in .obj and export them in tmcmesh to make it work in the game.

To make a mod you'll need blender, polygone tool, texture tool and dlc tool. Look on the first page to find all resources and tutorials you'll need.

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
after much hex guessing, I finally figured out how to have overlapping transparencies on 2 different mesh groups.

picture on the left has the tattoo mesh disappear under the transparent shirt, picture on the right now has the tattoo mesh visible through the transparent shirt

xGii4HH.jpg

let me know if anyone wants to know how to do it

Very interesting, I would like to know how you did it I am planning to add some costumes to my Cortana and if I know how make them transparent that show the body would be great :)
And congratz for discover that, I used Hex Editor a long time before Polygon appeared but I am not an expert in that I hope this is not so difficult but I am ready to learn !

masked-frenchman

Thank for these answers , fisrt of all , in not a pro , i'm an autodidact and i use blender 2.49 and sometime 2.6 for some work like the normal maps .
Thank Lolagmods for the congratulations but this is not the final version some details on the top of the skirt or on the boot are not "over clean" , but yes with some dedicated shader and transparency option on the texture you can let some part of the original body appears , and that what i have planned the center "v" part of the body-suit will be like the tina legacy costume .
The original body was import using xnalara and convert into .obj file for be using into blender , all the others elements was created basing on my rough drawings .
About the level of difficulties about creating 3d meshes , i can't tell you exactly cause i've learned by myself , testing many methods before finding a "working style" . Plus this kind of outfits is not too complex cause it's body -shaped , you don't need to draw and studies folds and volume created by the material you want to look like , jeans , leather , cotton ect .

There is many methods some guys work only with the scult mode , personnaly i preffer using beziers curves and circles plus the manual manipulation of lines and vertex .

So the best way is to use blender or 3ds max , if your have money ( professionals prefer 3ds max ,but that too expansive for me ).

IF anyone is interesting about this blender files ,for work on it , textured it , try to import into doa5 , i will send you the model by mail , that not a problem , this kind of work is for community and players and if someone find the good method to import it , that will be great , cause i have many others ideas about doa5 outfits :) . Male or female charcaters there so many things to do .

My mail : Mail-V13@gmx.fr

Merci pour ces réponses , tout d'abord je tient a préciser que je ne suis pas un professionnel , je suis un autodidacte et j'utilise majoritairement blender 2.49 et la version 2.6 pour certains travaux comme les calculs des normals maps .
Merci également Lolagmods pour ces compliments , cette version n'est pas encore définitive quelques petit details au niveaux de la jointure supérieure de la jupe ainsi que des bottes sont a revoir pour que le modèle soit vraiment propre .
La partie centrale en v du maillot sera en résille transparente comme sur le costume du set légendaire de tina .
Le corps d'origine a été importé en utilisant xnalara qui permet de convertir les modèles au format .obj , ceux ci sont ensuite utilisable dans blender , tout les autres élements sont des créations basé sur mes brouillions .

Concernant le niveau de difficulté ,c'est difficile a dire puisque , deja il existe bien des méthodes de travail et n'ayant pas fait d'écoles je ne peux pas dire laquelle est la "juste" , il faut se dire que les logiciels de modélisations 3d sont des outils et comme tout outils plus on les pratique plus on s'améliore .
Ce genre de costume près du corps ne sont pas les plus complexes car il n'y a pas vraiment besoin d'étudier quelle forme pourrait prendre tels ou tels plis selon quelle matière il est censé simulé ( il existe des outils blender qui peuvent précalculé des rendu de tissus mais mais les résultats sont soit plat soit tres gourmands en polygones )

Si cela vous dit de travaillé sur ce fichier blender de quelques façon qu 'il soit , n'hésitez pas à me le demander par mail , ce n'est pas une création a but lucrative , c est pour la communauté des fans de doa :) .
Et si un petit malin trouve la méthode adéquat pour intégrer des fichers originaux dans doa5 , ben ca sera génial et je me ferais une joie de me mettre a travailler sur d'autres personnages .

Pai

please can anyone provide me the right tutorial showing step by step how to edit meshes and then how to apply it and make it work in the game !

because it took month to edit the mesh and it doesn't work with me ?

bbb

Wow, good job, this will allow some more complex editing!
sadly hex are a little to complex for me!

Very interesting, I would like to know how you did it I am planning to add some costumes to my Cortana and if I know how make them transparent that show the body would be great :)
And congratz for discover that, I used Hex Editor a long time before Polygon appeared but I am not an expert in that I hope this is not so difficult but I am ready to learn !

Thanks :) 90% is done with tmcsuke, just one minor part needs to be hex edited :)

@all -

updated my transparency guide with something I forgot to add, and also updated it with overlapping transparency info

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8254855&t=11106570

Thanks to the enforcer and LSD for pointing me in the right direction awhile back

Last edited:

KasumiLove

I have a little question about toggled masks. In Nyotengu's halloween costume, the mask is not toggled. I saw in hex editor that the numbers 02 02 appears for all masks except this one which is 01 01. So I was wondering, if I change the 01 01 to 02 02, will it make the mask work for this halloween costume ?

Classic costume

Halloween costume

Thanks :) 90% is done with tmcsuke, just one minor part needs to be hex edited :)

@all -

updated my transparency guide with something I forgot to add, and also updated it with overlapping transparency info

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8254855&t=11106570

Thanks to the enforcer and LSD for pointing me in the right direction awhile back
Can you split costumes into separate meshes and assign image maps to bypass the 4mb texture issues now? I might have a go at making something now if you can do that and assign shader types. I'm terrible at coming up with ideas of things to model though, I made this for the halloween thing but reshaping it to fit the game model would be so much work I may as well start again and make something else.
z0EyihL.jpg

Hello everyone , i'm a newbie here . I read many interesting things on this forum , but i have some questions about the modding possibility and actual limitations of steam version of doa5 .
Anyone know if there a method to insert/import a created 3d mesh in the game via the dlc folder ?
How the rigging work in the doa5 game engine ?
Do you hope to see a steam tool workshop one day?

I post 3 pics of one of my work for christie ,it's not finish yet , that was made in 2 day , concept + modeling.

Sorry for my bad english language .

Ps : if i am on the wrong post i'm sorry about this .
Is it UV mapped and low poly? It would probably take 2 hours if it has UV and low poly, maybe 4 or 5 hours if I had to retopo and unwrap UV.

masked-frenchman

Is it UV mapped and low poly? It would probably take 2 hours if it has UV and low poly, maybe 4 or 5 hours if I had to retopo and unwrap UV.

Hello lizzardmech , actualy my models have not UV and normal map , the model exist in 2 resolution one in low poly the other with double subsurf ,so with much poly .
Actualy body and costume are separate for finishing some details but joining the 2 meshes is just a questions of seconds ( double shift selection and " crtl+j" :) .
Best regards

theotheredmundo

Hey, guys. Newbie here. long time lurker, first time poster. I wanna get my feet wet in the modding scene. I wanna start with modding A-152 to look like Cortana. Any tips on workflow and how not to wind up wanting to tear my hair out?

The Enforcer

Hey, guys. Newbie here. long time lurker, first time poster. I wanna get my feet wet in the modding scene. I wanna start with modding A-152 to look like Cortana. Any tips on workflow and how not to wind up wanting to tear my hair out?

Welcome,
Alpha may not be the easiest character to start with. She doesn't operate the same as other characters. She only has 1 texture and has her effects controlled by a different file. It may be possible if her UV's allow for it.

For starters I would dig around the first page or some of the tutorials on the SFxT modding board. You basically need to start with how to get the game data, learn how to manipulate it in Blender, then repack it as a DLC

ned

I would like to see Momoji wearing white heels with her white bikini costume.

Basically This Kokoro white bikini costume:
latest

With these heels from bunny/rabbit costume:
latest

Anyone have the skills to add these heels to Kokoro white bikini?
Would be very nice. Thanks!

huchi001

Attachments

• 수정됨_Screenshot2433.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot2433.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 수정됨_Screenshot2723.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot2723.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 1,442
  • 수정됨_Screenshot3720.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot3720.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 1,230
  • 수정됨_Screenshot4687.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot4687.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 1,214
  • 수정됨_Screenshot8537.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot8537.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 1,283
  • 수정됨_Screenshot9429.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot9429.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 1,207
  • 수정됨_Screenshot11691.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot11691.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 1,214

bbb

I have a little question about toggled masks. In Nyotengu's halloween costume, the mask is not toggled. I saw in hex editor that the numbers 02 02 appears for all masks except this one which is 01 01. So I was wondering, if I change the 01 01 to 02 02, will it make the mask work for this halloween costume ?

Classic costume

Halloween costume

those numbers just mean the number of meshes it has. so 02 02 means it has wgt_mask and wgt_mask_1 while 01 01 just has wgt_mask.

the fix I posted on zetaboards has the mask toggle enabled, you can use --C editor to just the hairstyle it toggles on, but there's a problem which is most like they reason they decided to remove the mask.

tengus lose hair breaks when the the mask flag is enabled, so what tn did was set the flag in reverse so the mask shows up when its not flagged, but then that causes the hair to break when the mask is removed, and since she has a hat and the lose hair is the only one that fits it, there's no way to toggle without breaking hair or clipping with the hat. so if you really want toggle, the hat must be removed, or combined with the mask so the hat toggles as well

Can you split costumes into separate meshes and assign image maps to bypass the 4mb texture issues now? I might have a go at making something now if you can do that and assign shader types. I'm terrible at coming up with ideas of things to model though, I made this for the halloween thing but reshaping it to fit the game model would be so much work I may as well start again and make something else.
z0EyihL.jpg

you can duplicate mesh slots now, so its possible to split up the meshes. you will need to use this tool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7bzmarabc0kgz3d/BodyShopToolkitV2.8.zip

huchi001

Attachments

• 수정됨_Screenshot2484.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot2484.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 수정됨_Screenshot3407.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot3407.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 1,171
  • 수정됨_Screenshot6643.jpg
    수정됨_Screenshot6643.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 1,070