PC: Community Mod Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

xOmniCloudx

How encouraged are requests? I asked this in the texture mod thread and I ask here too since the two threads tend to get a lot of the same posts and in the end don't seem to be that different outside this one being more active. Anyway, I have a TON of ideas for costume and look mods that I have been recording since the PC version launched. You guys have come a long way and are now doing some amazing stuff. I'm sure some of you have gotten a great deal of likes from me the past week as I went through both threads :p

I am still curious how much can you guys do from scratch while retaining quality, since clearly it's easier to mod with pre-existing assets you just make changes to. Some costume ideas I have seem like they can only be made from scratch so sharing some may be pointless if it's not a viable option.

I may split it up between things like swapping costumes, swapping items, swapping hairstyles and changing the color palette in one category and then the more demanding ones like a new costume in another category if anyone is interested in hearing my ideas. I'll have to hunt down pics for some of them too or at the very least link to the examples of them so it would end up being a pretty sizeable post when it's all said and done.

I want to learn how to import Xnalara models in DOA5. Can someone here teach me?

Here is what I did so far.
1. I went to Google to search for a Xnalara model and I found this.
http://xnalara-customized.deviantart.com/gallery/

2. I picked Rachael from Resident Evil and only got her XPS file.
http://xnalara-customized.deviantar...l-Revelations-2-Rachael-HD-XPS-ONLY-530021428

3. I tried to open and import it on Blender (generic_item.mesh) and got this error message below. The rest of the files are just DDS and TGA files.
yqx7hyn.jpg

4. So I tried to open and import it on 3ds Max 2012 as well but I got this error message below.
2rrb9rT.jpg

So what did do wrong? What do I do next? Can you write the steps one by one, on how to import a Xnalara model and convert it to TMC file usable in the game? Can you please provide visual aid or pictures as well?

E.g.
1. Download (insert filename here) from (insert website here)
2. Open Blender tool > Import > (insert filename here)
3. Save as (insert filename here)
4. Do this, do that, in order to insert textures. I have literally no idea how to make textures from created or imported mesh.
5. And so on.

I have little knowledge in using the Blender tool and I'm a very slow learner so please forgive me if I'm asking alot of questions because I want to learn how to make mods instead of requesting them all the time. The only things I know in Blender tool are the following:
Right Click - select object/mesh/vertice/whatever
Hold Middle Click - Rotate/Pan camera
Hold Ctrl+Middle Click or Mouse Wheel - Zoom In/Out
Hold Shift+Middle Click - Move camera on X or Y axis

Amaso

These were in a zip file , right ??
Don't extract it , just install the zip like you installed the tmcmesh importer ...

Xillia

@New Member

What I do to import the model is first in xnalara I choose to convert it to obj, then you get the model to work for belnder and also get the textures.
after you convert it just import it into blender, here are the steps that @bbb gave me before and I wasn't able to do the last few steps correctly:

-convert xps model to obj
- import obj in blender
-import reference doa tmc in blender
-transfer weights from doa model to obj
-export as tmcmesh
-swap tmcmesh into existing doa tmc with tmc tools
-swap textures into existing tmc with texture tool
-add new tmc in a dlc pack with dlc tool

Hopefully someone with more knowledge in this can show how to do it.

dander

ummm, now i still have infinite loading, at first i still can use white texture, after i use your update, i encounter infinite loading with both texture..

dante_huyvu

Yes, the problem it was the skirt texture it weighed 1024 x 1024 and that's cause the problem
The DLC files (TMC + TMCL) must be smaller than 9.5 MB and depend on which hairstyle you choose, you may wanna make the size smaller to get it worked :)

Last edited:

dander

hmmm, i use compress dlc feature in dlc tool, and i can use both texture now, i dont see any difference between compressed and uncompressed dlc..

mralex

hmmm, i use compress dlc feature in dlc tool, and i can use both texture now, i dont see any difference between compressed and uncompressed dlc..
in my fruit swimsuit pack, marie rose has a texture with 2048 x 2048 and when you select it the character stop the game a little bit and she appears, same with the dlc space, if you hace and dlc with 2 gb or more the game crashes

dander

ummm, i dunno why its happening, but it give me infinite loading with both texture again, i will test your 512 texture soon..

mralex

I found this mod for pc, but it has severals bugs, like the shiny costume and non animation in her skirt, so if you someone has the hability to do it, here's the files

(i think i can post it, for now never it was never released for pc ver)

Sin título.png

Attachments

• Desktop.rar
    5 MB · Views: 1,044
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD