PC Modding tutorials

synce

Is there a move swap tutorial via TMC Bone Tool?

It's not really a true movelist swap but you can replace most girls' bodies and heads (just not voices etc). And it doesn't seem to work if you go from girl to guy :/

My attempt at switching Rig with Hitomi had scary results

wtf.jpg

LarsMasters

Well there is anyway, an actual one. But not actually a model swap to make it look like it's move swap, like this by LolaGmod:

xRuneXero

Greetings, I decided to make a tutorial on Autolink, a tool that allows us to add costumes to the detail section, so we don't have to swap anything, or be limited by slots. This allows you to have an infinite amount of costumes.
It can also skip the opening movies and also has Camera controls, which allows you to slow-mo by pressing F1 and more.
This tool is made by 跌倒的貓 (FallingCat) from the 3dm forums. (http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5065534)

But first, the pros and cons of using it.

PROS
  • Can be used alongside DLC tool or lnk_reshuffle if you want;
  • As mentioned above, this won't use any free slot or replace any costume, so you can add as many as you want;
  • The name of the costume files will be the one shown in-game, you can add spaces, so it'll look organized;
  • You can also add hair styles to all costumes. (200 slots)

CONS
  • I don't think the CPU can use these costumes in Arcade, needs further testing since it's random.

Anyway, let's move on to the tutorial itself.

DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING AUTOLINK

First download the tool here:
http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mo...yMXw4MDNhZDJlYnwxNDY2OTM1NTgyfDB8NTA2NTUzNA==

Mirror: https://www.mediafire.com/?c6v1al01ax7n3ll

Next, extract the .rar file, and now, go to your DOA5 folder, if you have lnk_reshuffle installed, rename DInput8.dll to lnk_reshuffle.dll. If you already have a d3d9.dll (from sweetfx or reshade for example), rename it to d3d9ex.dll. Now copy paste the files and folder from Autolink to your DOA5 folder.

Autolink is now installed, now how to add costumes.

INSTALLING THE MODS

You'll have an Autolink folder inside your DOA5 folder now, go to it, and you'll see something like this

WWEfAvb.png

In this folder you'll create all the folders for the characters you want, like mine below

TI9O2AL.png

Now, inside of each character folder, you have different options. You can add all the .TMC and .TMCL files in there, and it'll work, but all the costumes details will be replaced with your mods. If you create a folder called "01", and put your mods inside, then that means only C1 details will use your mods, and other costumes will be default. I personally recommend you create a folder called "01 02" in all your characters, and put the .TMC and .TMCL files inside of it. What this does is, all your mods will show up in C1 and C2 only, and the rest will be untouched.

Lastly, the mods files. Inside the "01 02" folders you'll put your .TMC and .TMCL files. If your mods includes a separate hair and face files, they'll have to be named accordingly. Look at the pic below.

ARPZTqs.png

As you can see, the mod is called "Ryo Hazuki", as such, the hair files need to have the same name, along with .hair at the end, which will be Ryo Hazuki.hair.tmc/tmcl. The same applies to the face files, same mod name and ends up in .face.

HAIR AND FACE FILES

In short:
Hair files

• MODNAME.HAIR.TMC
  • MODNAME.HAIR.TMCL
Face files
  • MODNAME.FACE.TMC
  • MODNAME.FACE.TMCL

As of v1.0, you can also add new hairstyles to all the costumes by putting an "@" before the file name. Example:
  • @HAIRNAME.HAIR.TMC
  • @HAIRNAME.HAIR.TMCL
And it'll show up in the hair selection, regardless of costume.

As of v1.10, you can also associate a face to a certain hairstyle. Example:
  • @NAME.HAIR.TMC
  • @NAME.HAIR.TMCL
  • @NAME.FACE.TMC
  • @NAME.FACE.TMCL
Then once you select that hair in-game, you'll see the face changed too.

NOTE: If the mod requires an empty face or hair (in DLC tool it would be face/hair = 0, for example Power Ranger mod or outfits with hair in the same file) then you need a blank hair and face models, you can download these here, and name them accordingly to your mod as explained above.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3RABDAoergwUThFOWR0Yk1sMkE

OR

You can create a blank file and name it HAIRNAME.HAIR.EMPTY
This will only work for empty hairs. For faces you still need to download it from the link above and rename it like any other face file.

.--H AND .--HL FILES

If the mod has .--h and .--hl files (details), then they follow the following format.

Detail files

• MODNAME.001.--H
  • MODNAME.001.--HL
  • MODNAME.002.--H
  • MODNAME.002.--HL
  • MODNAME.003.--H
  • MODNAME.003.--HL
  • MODNAME.004.--H
  • MODNAME.004.--HL
And so on, up to 10.

MODNAME_001.--H also works.

.PHYD FILES

You can also install .PHYD files using the same format as the other files: MODNAME.PHYD

And here's the final result

C0FQuRB.png

s70cZXm.png

The name shown in-game is the same as the files, and that's it. It's very easy to use, and you don't have to sacrifice costumes or slots, once you made the folders it's just drag and drop, and naming accordingly.

CAMERA CONTROLS

You can rotate the camera 90º (portrait) by pressing F4 during replays and win/lose screen. After pressing F4, you can further rotate the camera with F2 and F3.
You can control the character select screen camera using the following controls:
  • CTRL + Numpad 1 - Select Player 1 camera
  • CTRL + Numpad 2 - Select Player 2 camera
  • CTRL + Numpad 3 - Select Player 3 camera
  • CTRL + Numpad 4 - Select Player 4 camera
  • CTRL + Numpad 9 - Select all cameras
  • Shift + Left - Pan camera left
  • Shift + Right - Pan camera right
  • Shift + Up or Numpad 8 - Pan camera up
  • Shift + Down or Numpad 2 - Pan camera down
  • Numpad 4 - Rotate left
  • Numpad 6 - Rotate right
  • Numpad 9 - Rotate up
  • Numpad 3 - Rotate down
  • Numpad+ - Zoom in
  • Numpad- - Zoom out
You can also select the "scene" (stage) camera by pressing CTRL + Numpad 0, during a fight, replays included. The controls are the same as above.

OTHER CONTROLS

You can slow down the game by pressing F1.
You can hide the HUD by pressing F5.
You can change the "light" with the following controls:
  • F6 + the button to the left of "1" (it's different in many keyboards) - 100%
  • F6 + 1 - 105%
  • F6 + 2 - 110%
  • F6 + 3 - 115%
  • F6 + 4 - 120%
  • F6 + 5 - 125%
  • F6 + 6 - 80%
  • F6 + 7 - 85%
  • F6 + 8 - 90%
  • F6 + 9 - 95%
  • F6 + 0 - 100%
You can change the breast motion with the following controls:
  • F7 + the button to the left of "1" (it's different in many keyboards) - OFF
  • F7 + 1 - Natural
  • F7 + 2 - DOA
  • F7 + 3 - OMG
  • F7 + 4 - There's one last option, I'm not sure what to call it
You can change the "wetness" with the following controls:
  • F8 + the button to the left of "1" (it's different in many keyboards) - 0%
  • F8 + 1 - 25%
  • F8 + 2 - 50%
  • F8 + 3 - 75%
  • F8 + 4 - 100%
  • F8 + 5 - 200%
F8 + 6-9 changes the sweat/wet to have a red tint, which makes it look like blood.

With CTRL + 0, you can save detail selections in the character select menu and make them default, meaning when you launch the game, those details you saved will show up straight away. This is useful to make mods show up in Story Mode or Movies.
You can also save details using CTRL + 1 to 8 in the character select menu, these won't be used as default, and won't show in Story Mode or Movies. You can then press 1 to 8 to change between all your saves. Finally, you can press 9 to reset.

Example usage of CTRL commands: Go on character select, select character A, select the mod you want, if you want, you can go on another character, select the mod and so on. Change the outfits of everyone you want and then press CTRL + (number). CTRL + 0 will make it the default costume, anything else will save but not as default.

About the gamepad mapping option in DInput8.ini: (thanks to warior from SFxT_Mods for the following)
about Gamepad mapping option in DInput8.ini :

after fight win before exit you can see your character and move camera or zoom it for better view with gamepad:

; in victory screen after fight win move camera around with gamepad's right stick (JS_RX/JS_RY)
; 0: no correction - in victory screen move camera left/right with LT and RT triggers (JS_Z)
; 1: directly specify the mapping for right stick (Required designated key name)
; GamepadMapping_RX GamepadMapping_RY can be set to one of - JS_Z JS_RX JS_RY JS_RZ JS_S0 JS_S1
; Moving gamepad sticks in the AutoLink version display on game start shows key name
; 1: in victory screen use right stick JS_RY/JS_RX for move camera up/down and left/right
; 2: in victory screen use right stick JS_RY/JS_RX for move camera up and down only
; 3: in victory screen use right stick for move camera up/down and LT/RT triggers for left/right
; GamepadMapping_RX=JS_RY - for Logitech F310 USB XBOX360 GamePad - right stick Y
; GamepadMapping_RY=JS_RX - for Logitech F310 USB XBOX360 GamePad - right stick X
; GamepadMapping_RY=JS_Z - for Logitech F310 USB XBOX360 GamePad - LT/RT - Left and Right Triggers X
GamepadMapping=3
GamepadMapping_RX=JS_RY
GamepadMapping_RY=JS_RX

basically GamepadMapping adds option to remap and move camera with right stick, not possible before.

also in victory screen for XBOX360 Gamepad camera and zoom controls - Left Stick and X, Y, UP, DOWN buttons

A button - exit

Other notes:
  • The folders with numbers tell the game which costumes will use the mods. For example, a 01 folder will only use C1, 01 02 will use C1 and C2, 01 02 03 will use C1, C2 and C3, and so on. You can also have like 01 10 26 for example;
  • If you want the mods in details in ALL costumes, then you don't need a folder with numbers, you'll put the .TMC and .TMCL files inside the character folder, for example Marie/Modname.TMC and TMCL;
  • You can also have multiple numbered folders, like if you want X mod in folder 01 02 and Y mod in 03 04;
  • In order to use the modded costumes in Private Paradise movies, first select them on Versus or Arcade, no need to start the fight, then go back to the movies and select the character base costume; (ty dante_huyvu for this info)
  • You can add up to 200 new hairstyle slots with Autolink;
  • You can enable/disable everything if you open DInput8.ini with a text editor. There's settings to force a resolution, skip the intro movies, toggle camera controls, toggle beep sounds, etc.

Latest changes
[24-06-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.72
  • Something about removing an online message error, I don't know :X

[29-05-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.71
  • Added more camera controls. (Check Camera Controls)

[29-05-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.70
  • Added light controls; (Check Other Controls)
  • Added a Gamepad mapping option in DInput8.ini. (Check Other Controls)

[25-05-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.60
  • Added .PHYD file support;
  • Added option to toggle sound beeps when using certain features. (Check Other Notes)

[23-05-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.52
  • Added more effect to F8 controls; (blood)
  • Most likely bug fixes :p

[22-05-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.50
  • Fixed an issue with hairstyles after quitting Practice mode;
  • Added the ability to force a screen resolution on DInput8.ini. ResolutionMod=1 to toggle on;
  • Added breast motion controls; (Check Other Controls)
  • Added "wetness" controls. (Check Other Controls)

[02-05-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.40
  • Allows toggling HUD on/off with F5. (Check other notes)

[30-04-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.30
  • Added character select and scene camera control. (Check camera section)

[26-04-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.21
  • Fixed Steam screenshot issues again.

[26-04-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.20
  • Fixed Steam screenshot issues;
  • Fixed Steam black screen at launch.

[25-04-2016]
Autolink updated to 1.10
  • Added a way to associate face files to hair styles (Check Hair and Face section);
  • Alternate way to skip opening movies.

Last edited:

The Enforcer

@xRuneXero This is amazing, thanks for sharing.
Just so ya know, it is actually possible to select Details in the movie viewer, but I know of how to select up to the normal default 4. I don't know what keys they are since I play on a controller. Since the game shows Xbox controller icons, the details could normally be selected with 'A', 'X', 'Y' or 'A + Y'

Xillia

@xRuneXero thank you for the great tutorial!

Should I use the autolink folder with the characters names?
They have folders inside them with numbers, could you please clarify this more?

I want to have mods in the details option on most costumes not just C1 and C2.

xRuneXero

@Xillia You need to have an autolink folder with the character folders inside if that's what you mean.

As for the folders with numbers, they tell the game which costumes will use the mods. For example, a 01 folder will only use C1, 01 02 will use C1 and C2, 01 02 03 will use C1, C2 and C3, and so on. You can also have like 01 10 26 for example.

If you want the mods in details in ALL costumes, then you don't need a folder with numbers, you'll put the .TMC and .TMCL files inside the character folder, for example Marie/Modname.TMC and TMCL.

You can also have multiple numbered folders, like if you want X mod in folder 01 02 and Y mod in 03 04.

Xillia

Is there a way to convert the --h and --hl files that has different colors of a costume into tmc so I can use them as separate costumes?

lovislikefire

xRuneXero

Thanks for the info on Autolink.
One thing is troubling me though. You say one should rename several dll-files (for example ones used by SweetFX and, in my case, CameraUnlock). If I do that, SweetFX won't read the file correctly nor will the camera unlock features, such as extended zoom in and vertical tilt. From what I've read, only a modded version can call a different dll.
So how do I use Autolink together with SweetFX? I don't even know exactly how to uninstall it since I used a combination package with ReShade.
It would be very nice to be able to have certain costumes available at all times. I can always change which ones I want to use so that there aren't too many to select at once.
Also, do I need C and P-files for each TMC+TMCL? If that is so I must create those files for each costume or they will all look the same in the preview, right?
Thanks again.
Lovislikefire.

xRuneXero

xRuneXero

Thanks for the info on Autolink.
One thing is troubling me though. You say one should rename several dll-files (for example ones used by SweetFX and, in my case, CameraUnlock). If I do that, SweetFX won't read the file correctly nor will the camera unlock features, such as extended zoom in and vertical tilt. From what I've read, only a modded version can call a different dll.
So how do I use Autolink together with SweetFX? I don't even know exactly how to uninstall it since I used a combination package with ReShade.
It would be very nice to be able to have certain costumes available at all times. I can always change which ones I want to use so that there aren't too many to select at once.
Also, do I need C and P-files for each TMC+TMCL? If that is so I must create those files for each costume or they will all look the same in the preview, right?
Thanks again.
Lovislikefire.

I never used CameraUnlock, so I can't really help you there, only that SweetFX's d3d9.dll needs to be renamed to d3d9ex.dll.
About the C and P files, I'm not sure if those do anything with Autolink, if the mod includes them, then add them. If not, it's fine without them.

lovislikefire

It seems you don't have to replace or rename the d3d9.dll after all. I can use the SweetFX d3d9.dll as it is and not rename it. If I rename it the game won't start even if I have the Autolink dll in the folder.
lovislikefire

xRuneXero

It seems you don't have to replace or rename the d3d9.dll after all. I can use the SweetFX d3d9.dll as it is and not rename it. If I rename it the game won't start even if I have the Autolink dll in the folder.
lovislikefire
Weird, I had to rename mine, but hey, aslong as it works :)

robhal

lovislikefire
You have to rename the SweetFX d3d9.dll (only SweetFX 1.5.1 will work, the one from newer one or Reshade won't work) if you want to see the full costume preview during select screen.

lovislikefire

I have ReShade 1.1.0 with SweetFX 2.0 installed. I can see the costume preview when I make the selection.
I have 10 different costumes for Marie Rose placed in the MARIE folder but not in a sub folder. I couldn't get the costumes to show if I put them in a folder. I use DoA5 LR 1.04.
lovislikefire

xRuneXero

I have ReShade 1.1.0 with SweetFX 2.0 installed. I can see the costume preview when I make the selection.
I have 10 different costumes for Marie Rose placed in the MARIE folder but not in a sub folder. I couldn't get the costumes to show if I put them in a folder. I use DoA5 LR 1.04.
lovislikefire

1.05 is the latest version, you should update :p

lovislikefire

It is the latest version, but if I update, won't things in the game revert to "original" settings? I know some things/mods/applications are supposedly not supported for 1.05 yet.
lovislikefire.

Amaso

It is the latest version, but if I update, won't things in the game revert to "original" settings? I know some things/mods/applications are supposedly not supported for 1.05 yet.
lovislikefire.

Just update lnk_reshuffle (and don't forget to put the new dinput8.dll/lnk_reshuffle.dll in the game's directory) , make sure you run lnk_reshuffle once before running the game .
and I think eveything will be fine .

lovislikefire

Thanks. I haven't actually used lnk_reshuffle yet but I probably will soon. It does seem a bit daunting compared to uMod for example.
lovislikefire

0ng

Hi, a question here. I have 1.05 game and using Ink_reshuffle 4.8 to add hair mods, so far no problem.
But when I installed Autolink 0.40, (I've followed Autolink tutorial here, changing DInput8.dll to Ink_reshuffle.dll)
my hair mods added by Ink_reshuffle just turn into bald hair.
What I'm doing it wrong?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD