DOA5LR PC-version information collection

Updated OP with Keyboard Bindings, might be interesting to some.

Thanks. Looks *ok* though some people prefer use Space for "Up" instead of W. I'm hoping there wouldnot be lag input and wondering how's with diagonal directions: should we just hit two button at same time or it could work as hitbox.

Some infos from a FSDer playing the review-version of the game:

Installation Drive of his game is not the C-Drive but the H-Drive. So it can run on other drives.
Installation Drive of his steam installation is the C-Drive, he thinks (wasn't completely sure about it).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Some infos from a FSDer playing the review-version of the game:

Installation Drive of his game is not the C-Drive but the H-Drive. So it can run on other drives.
Installation Drive of his steam installation is the C-Drive, he thinks (wasn't completely sure about it).

No, it's installed on my C:\. Game is on the H:\

No, it's installed on my C:\. Game is on the H:\
Thanks for the clarification! :)

That should be alright though, this was reallly worrying me, but if I can install the game on another drive, I should be fine (and many others too, I guess).
Thank you also for giving us a view on the game before it gets out!

Blash

Man that's old school... I like yer style, Dude.
You know it :) Not all talk either, I still fondly remember 4 hour set ups for 20 minutes of 3 player death matches. Kids today... they don't know how good they have it :)

Oh! Forgot it was today that it was out! Let us non-PC owners (lonely... solo lonely...) know how it goes. Would love to see some streams of the set up (YES! I am that nerdy), might have a look on twitch.

ChrisArmoun

OK so I have installed the PC version and tested it out bit. Using the steam overlay I turned on the frame counter and turned all the specs up to their max :Fullscreen, 3840x2160 (4k) resolution, Shadows set at 4096x4096 resolution and anti-aliasing at 4x SSAA). The anti-aliasing does wonders. I have the game on PS4 as well and the difference was enormous. The effects on things like explosions lack the spark associated with the PS4 but the game is really clean overall. Skin is flatter of course but it isn't jarring in any way after jumping from the PS4

The menus and intros are all locked at 30 fps, the fights themselves of course are still 60. I didn't test every stage but was able to handle 60 consistently on some with dips down to the upper 40s with lots of explosions on others. My guess is I could easily run with no dips by making minor adjustments or simply lowering the resolution to something normal

Funny thing is there is no 1440p resolution. Jumps straight from 1080 to 2160 (this can be bypassed if nVidia releases optimized settings)

I'll upload some screens if anyone is interested
System specs for those interested: Intel i7 3770k (overclocked to 3.9Ghz, GTX970 GPU, 16GB RAM)

31gma

LOL already having issues with controllers (360, fightstick, and keyboard) Any solutions on how to fix this

Macca Beam

Sounds good. I have a similar processor and weaker GPU, but sounds like it'll run 1080p just fine. Wonder what's up with the 30 fps locks though; it better be console leftovers rather than a feature.

ChrisArmoun

LOL already having issues with controllers (360, fightstick, and keyboard) Any solutions on how to fix this
No issues for me. It detected my PS3 Arcade stick, PS4 Dualshock (I use DS4Windows), and my keyboard as options. All worked without issues

Sounds good. I have a similar processor and weaker GPU, but sounds like it'll run 1080p just fine. Wonder what's up with the 30 fps locks though; it better be console leftovers rather than a feature.
I believe this is leftover because the console versions are the same

31gma

No issues for me. It detected my PS3 Arcade stick, PS4 Dualshock (I use DS4Windows), and my keyboard as options. All worked without issues

Yeah this is fuckin stupid that they can't even implement reading Xbox formatted controllers.

KwonJigglypuff

The announcement on TN's facebook page is a bit sad.

So much enthusiasm. :(

1427739132-males-13.jpg

ChrisArmoun

Yeah this is fuckin stupid that they can't even implement reading Xbox formatted controllers.
I'd recommending checking your drivers. Even if you've installed previously, reinstall to be sure. My DS4 utilizes the 360 drivers to fool the system into thinking it's a 360 controller.

31gma

I'd recommending checking your drivers. Even if you've installed previously, reinstall to be sure. My DS4 utilizes the 360 drivers to fool the system into thinking it's a 360 controller.

Are you using a PS/2 ported keyboard and mouse? Even I'm unable to get past the autosave mod with the keyboard, is it because it's recognized as a USB?

Meddling-Monk

From preliminary testing, it looks like ideally, you'd want a low to moderate (fair) GPU paired up with a Quad Core or higher CPU in order to get the most out of DOA5:LR at 1080 resolutions. Having an insane SLI/Crossfire solution with a poor or busy CPU doesn't look like it'll net you the best results from preliminary testing. Anyone else able to corroborate what I've seen so far?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No issues on my 360 Gamepad, 360 Controller, Modded arcade stick, keyboard, or qanba stick here.

From preliminary testing, it looks like ideally, you'd want a low to moderate (fair) GPU paired up with a Quad Core or higher CPU in order to get the most out of DOA5:LR at 1080 resolutions. Having an insane SLI/Crossfire solution with a poor or busy CPU doesn't look like it'll net you the best results from preliminary testing. Anyone else able to corroborate what I've seen so far?

From what I've heard, the game doesn't utilize SLi anyways. Friend of mine with SLi'd 970s informed me.

Meddling-Monk

From what I've heard, the game doesn't utilize SLi anyways. Friend of mine with SLi'd 970s informed me.

I suppose what I really meant to say was: a higher end GPU setup (including crazy SLI/Crossfire setups). The CPU appears to be the more important to getting better frames than simply having a high end GPU.

Oh. And using Xbox 360 Controller here. No issues when DOA5:LR was running normally (60FPS). There were "missed" button presses however when it was running at less than 60FPS on one of my machines (varied between 25 and 45 FPS). And got even worse on another machine when it was much less than 30FPS.

ChrisArmoun

A few screenshots from in game. No edits. Keep in mind that these are pulled from a 4k resolution that's downsampled in realtime to 1080 while playing. Hence, any blurriness you see on text or icons isn't visible when playing. Third shot shows the effects. I plan to start
2015-03-30_00009.jpg 2015-03-30_00044.jpg 2015-03-30_00051.jpg 2015-03-30_00013.jpg

Baal bal

I had to make excuses on Twitter. The game look really awesome, AA is wonderfully working and I have no problems running it. The difference between Xbox360 and PC is enormous. Still it's shame we have no online :/
Even so, I think it's time for some serious re-evaluation, the portage is far from being abyssal, and did not deserved so much hate.
(well now, brace yourself, MODs are coming... haha)

Sythion

This is what I was worried about. I have an i5 that is pretty old with a GTX 770. I guess I will just have to test it out when I get home today and see how it plays.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD