DOA5LR PC-version information collection

NightAntilli

I had to make excuses on Twitter. The game look really awesome, AA is wonderfully working and I have no problems running it. The difference between Xbox360 and PC is enormous. Still it's shame we have no online :/
Even so, I think it's time for some serious re-evaluation, the portage is far from being abyssal, and did not deserved so much hate.
(well now, brace yourself, MODs are coming... haha)
I haven't played it yet, but I knew from the beginning that it didn't really deserve all that hate, which is why I simply kept my pre-order. The two missing stages are a disappointment, but it doesn't break the game in the slightest. Neither does the lack of the Soft Engine or the PS4 particle effects. It's really in between the X360/PS3 and XBO/PS4 versions in terms of features, but visually probably above all of them (despite the missing PS4 effects & soft engine). The online was announced to be implemented later, which I have no problem with at all. I'm happy they ported it to PC at all, and as long as it doesn't have random crashes, freezes, weird framerate drops and so on, I consider it a good port.

Baal bal

I haven't played it yet, but I knew from the beginning that it didn't really deserve all that hate, which is why I simply kept my pre-order. The two missing stages are a disappointment, but it doesn't break the game in the slightest. Neither does the lack of the Soft Engine or the PS4 particle effects. It's really in between the X360/PS3 and XBO/PS4 versions in terms of features, but visually probably above all of them (despite the missing PS4 effects & soft engine). The online was announced to be implemented later, which I have no problem with at all. I'm happy they ported it to PC at all, and as long as it doesn't have random crashes, freezes, weird framerate drops and so on, I consider it a good port.
I did not canceled my pre-order, a DOA on PC, even if it was shit, would still be worth buying for the effort.
Even so, I was way too disappointed when they announced all the downgrade and couldn't hold my tongue, now I kinda regret it. This is not the best portage ever, but it's still pretty good. It's worth my 35€ (well, from a person who purchased the SK pack, I don't think my opinion on "money worth" is that valuable...)
I was afraid of the optimisation and yet no problems with it, and my pad work perfectly.
This is a fine port, but I would still recommend to wait for the online mode before buying the game if you have no interest on modding.

NightAntilli

From someone on NeoGAF, for the ones worrying about their performance:
Well, caved in and bought my first ever full price digital game :(

The good news, it runs rather well. I'm playing this at 1080P, with shadows on, 1024x1024 shadow resolution and FXAA and it plays fine. No idea how many FPS I get, but it looks and plays a lot better then my X360 version of Ultimate.

This is on an AMD FX6300, 8GB DDR3, Samsung EVO SSD and an ancient Radeon 5670... (a €65 midrange card from 2010 or so) so those who are on the fence because of system requirements, don't sweat it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158149177&postcount=603

Kronin

Nice to see good news about this porting, again it's a shame that the stages are missing overall because I fear that this can be an hint of a lacking of DLC support for the PC versions about new characters and stages. I really hope that this will not happen, we will see in the next months and of course I continue to wish for Koei Tecmo to do a reverse and to port the new levels even on PC.

Even so I can't wait for my copy (I just ended my PC yesterday for some coincidence) and I really hope to not meet problems with the sending of the code and then the redemption (considering my usual lucky it's sadly pretty possible... xD). I'm also genuinely curious to see if I will be able to play with an high resolution offline, having used to the 360 version the screens that I saw are anyway an huge improvements, even with the lacking of particles and visual additions to the stages (a shame because I loved the new snow in "The ends of the Earth" stage).

The announcement on TN's facebook page is a bit sad.

So much enthusiasm. :(

1427739132-males-13.jpg

What were you expecting? I think that no different outcome was possible. The fact that they didn't answer to the critics to the game doesn't mean that they are blind. Be sure that under this announcement people are already commenting with rage posts (I didn't check but I'm sure), so to show more enthusiasm would have only made the thing worse.

No issues on my 360 Gamepad, 360 Controller, Modded arcade stick, keyboard, or qanba stick here.

I'm completely profane about the matter, but what are the tools for using a 360 Controller on PC? Also this works for the wireless models? I would be glad to get more infos about it, I'm used to the keyboard on DOAOL but I would prefer to use a controller for playing and before to buy a new one I would like to know if I can play with my usual one.

KwonJigglypuff

What were you expecting? I think that any different outcome was possible. The fact that they didn't answer to the critics to the game doesn't mean that they are blind. Be sure that under this announcement people will be already commenting with rage posts (I didn't check but I'm sure), so to show more enthusiasm would have only made worse the thing..

I know, I'm not criticizing them, it's just sad. :(

ModusPwnins

Still in the very negative about this. Didn't cancel pre-order due to hoping that Team Ninja will get their act together and patch everything in later.
If not, I'm done with Team Ninja for good.
Pulling something like this is just too unprofessional for me to support.

Meddling-Monk

This is what I was worried about. I have an i5 that is pretty old with a GTX 770. I guess I will just have to test it out when I get home today and see how it plays.

In theory, any i5 or onwards should be fine, just whatever you do, make sure you're not running anything else in the background that might take up CPU time.

For comparison, I had a 4930k paired up with a 7950 3GB and still was performing badly (25-45FPS) because there was a background program taking up CPU time (9 of the 12 "cores" we being used). Turned it off and instant full 60FPS.

synce

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Game runs really well and the AA is nice (finally no more jaggies)!! :p

Pretty boring since no online mode though lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Game runs really well and the AA is nice (finally no more jaggies)!! :p

Pretty boring since no online mode though lol

Yeah it's like "You wanna unlock costumes? hmmm? How about titles (that you can't show off, yet)? You want to unlock costumes. There's plenty."

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD