DOA5LR PC-version information collection

Tyaren

Standard Donor
39D79F15E72D55EE3C051058151146C0D2A77FD1
So someone just posted a picture of a bug they just found.
26B123A3A294F81E74CA6142E6D0D0C5FA23D24B
And someone else got this.

Nah, not a bug, just Ayane's new bonus costume exclusive to Steam. Laaazy... D: Just like adding a ton of weapons to Hayabusa's Ninja 2015 outfit.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
No, he said its just a texture edit using uMod since the file are encrypted.

Have to wait until someone opens up the files until then you can try using Umod and doing it yourself

synce

LR on PC almost feels like classic DOA... the smooth graphics, the fast loading. It just need a bit of modding to fix the lack of color and AF. I mean WTF, AF option is standard on like every PC game.

no AF.jpg

ChrisArmoun

You can fix the lack of colors with sweetfx
Agreed. It's the first thing I did after testing how smoothly it would run without any. Can clean the game us nicely with very little work needed. for anyone new to sweetfx; vibrance is the setting you want to adjust for color intensity and if you want to adjust the contrast just look at levels or curves. Ignore the CA in the second shot as I've since removed it. Also you can edit your game in realtime while its in windowed mode
LRPC01.jpg
LRPC02.jpg

Agreed. It's the first thing I did after testing how smoothly it would run without any. Can clean the game us nicely with very little work needed. for anyone new to sweetfx; vibrance is the setting you want to adjust for color intensity and if you want to adjust the contrast just look at levels or curves. Ignore the CA in the second shot as I've since removed it. Also you can edit your game in realtime while its in windowed mode
Lol, why is everyone using that momiji costume.
Your settings look really good. Much better than the defaults in the first screenshot!

Blash

Very nice @ChrisArmoun Looks way better.
Cool to already see a modded skin. Seen as how this game was a mess, the only exciting thing will be the up coming mods. DOA Bowling anyone :)

ChrisArmoun

Lol, why is everyone using that momiji costume.
Your settings look really good. Much better than the defaults in the first screenshot!
Thanks. I'm still tweaking a bit. I used those two outfits on the request of a friend. Also they are very good because both have a lot of small details and metallic bits that you can use to measure your progress while editing the graphics. I don't use either character

As an update, I've also got the game to running at a constant 60fps while in 4k now. I only have a 1080 monitor so it downsamples the image to fit. What this means is that it essentially does anti aliasing for you when it shrinks the image. I turned off all anti aliasing in the configuration menu to test it and sure enough, it was completely smooth with no jaggies and ran a constant 60fps on all stages through arcade mode. Explosions and all

crapoZK

Standard Donor
how do you pause the game with the controller guys??? I'm struggling... My pause button acts as Appeal.

Well, my good old laptop which is not very gaming one (and it's from 2011) at least runs the game! At minimum settings and reasonable resolution i get up to 59 fps in tutorial (cool!) but mostly 29-45 fps in arcade mode etc. I feared worse, though.

Keyboard works pretty ok, there is no need to push two buttons at time to have diagonal move, it recognize it when you just press general directions fast.

p.s.

I'm wondering how to switch on replays

ChrisArmoun

how do you pause the game with the controller guys??? I'm struggling... My pause button acts as Appeal.
This is a common issue that happens at random on pc and not at all unique to DOA. All my inputs register as they do on console. It hasn't happened to me on DOA yet, but I also have KOF13, Kof2002UM, Skullgirls, and USF4 on Steam and it's happened on them all at some point. All I've had to do previously was go into the options and manually set the inputs again and save it. It's always fixed it for me. If that doesn't work, open xinput and test your keys to see how they are registering

ChrisArmoun

Update on optimization: Not sure if this will help others but as far as memory usage is concerned. I have the game running at 4k and it only uses about 360MB of RAM memory in match and about 160-220 outside of it. CPU usage is between 12-15 percent on my rig.

NightAntilli

I can run the game smoothly at 60 FPS (including explosions etc) at 1080p, with 2x SSAA and 2048x2048 shadows. Higher than that, and my GPU struggles (HD6850). I don't have one of the new consoles, but it's light years ahead of the X360 version. As reports say, the game is quite CPU bound, so a weak CPU is a bigger problem than a weak GPU. Glad I have an FX-8350.

I have an issue with my Xbox One controller. This is not exclusive to DOA. Assassin's Creed I and II also had this issue with my Xbox One controller. The triggers don't register.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD