Characters Phase 4's Gigantic combo thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
If I'm a Phase 4 main, I'm trying to find some ways to setup the tech up (PP6K2K/6K2K) for critical level 3. By using that, you're taking away wake up kicks. That allows you to keep up the pressure with stuff like 236T, H+K, 33T, PP, 33K, 214T (you want to create more space) etc.

Last edited:

PuertoRicanStyL

Thanks for taking the time to start this Nuke-Nin. It looks like it can be a daunting and tedious task to write/type it all out, and take a lot of time. Also to D3taylz, Mr Armani, Commanda, and whoever else I may have missed that have contributed so far.. I'm still just trying to memorize her move list, lol.

Nuke-Nin

Thanks for taking the time to start this Nuke-Nin. It looks like it can be a daunting and tedious task to write/type it all out, and take a lot of time. Also to D3taylz, Mr Armani, Commanda, and whoever else I may have missed that have contributed so far.. I'm still just trying to memorize her move list, lol.
thanks alot! I know it can be tough for beginners looking for BnB's but no where to look xD

im still making P4 images though :p

D3taylz

Yo @Nuke-Nin, more combos for you, optimized damage for 66P+G P+G for all weight classes. I'm almost done compiling a list of crtiical burst combos, just need some stuff for Alpha and the Super Heavy chars, hopefully I'll be able to finish that tonight. Also if you need me to format the combos a certain way lemme know, cheers.

For simplicity I normally group weight types together and for my own sanity I didnt test every combo vs. every character so if something doesnt work please let me know. I typically test characters at either end of the spectrum, i.e. all my medium combos work on Helena and GF (considered heavier than chars like Hayate and Tina).

66T - T (66P+G - P+G) Combos

Notes
- Only 15f moves combo on fastest SE: 3P, 6P and 7K
- *P will combo as well, meaning strings like PPP -> CHI, PP6PK -> TEN, P6P -> CHI / are also viable but run a much higher risk of getting countered and for that reason I focused on 7K CHIFU and 6PK -> CHIFU which are guaranteeed
- 7K CHI~K combos dont work if you’re opponent’s against a wall, CHI~K will wall splat
- 3P CHI~K can be held (opp will sidestep leaving you at -20 or so), you can mix-up with CF~P+K (+41 on hit with fastest SE), CHI~P or CHI~T so it's still viable set up

Extra note about walls
- this may be already known but I also confirmed there is an exact value for the damage done by hitting an opponent into a wall and an electrified wall
- normal wall: +10 dmg
- electrified: +15

the point: combos with TEN~K CHI~P can do 10 or 15 points of extra damage if hit into one of the respective walls. For example, a combo vs. Light characters from my list below is: 3P CHI~K TEN~P 6PK TEN~K CHI~P does 74 damage, but can potentially do 84 or 89 if hit into a normal or electrified wall.

I tested this using several different combos and they all yield the same result. Please feel free to test this for yourself with various combos, record the damage of a combo done without a wall splat and then the same combo with and try it with various combos

Combos:
note: all combos listed for heavier weight classes work on lighter characters, i.e. all heavy combos work on the rest of the cast, all medium combos work on light chars, etc.

*All dmg values are for NH (normal hit)

Feather:
(Alpha)

- 3P CHI~K TEN~P 6PK TEF~T (88)
- 6PK TEN~P 6PK TEF~T (83)
- 7K CHI~K TEN~P 7K CHI~P (83)
- 6PK TF~T (64) *hits Super light but inconsistent
- 6PK TEN~P 6PK TEN~K CHI~P (69) *inconsistent/tight timing vs. Super Light and Light)
- 7K CHI~K TEN~P 6PK (77)

Super Light, Light, Welter:
(Ayane, Kasumi, Elliot, Hitomi, Kokoro, Mila, Momiji, Sarah, Lei Fang, Pai, Marie Rose, Phase 4)

- 7K CHI~K TEN~T (86)
- 3P CHI~K TEN~P 6PK TEN~K CHI~P (74)
- 6PK TEN~P 6PK (55, 65 very tight timing)

Middle Weight, Cruiser and Heavy
(Akira, Brad Wong, Christie, Ein, Hayate, Hayabusa, Jacky, Jann Lee, Lisa, Rig, Tina, Zack, Gen Fu, Helena)

- 7K CHI~K TEN~K CHI~P (72)
- 3P CHI~K TEN~T (69)
- 3P CHI~K TEN~P 6PP (60)

Super Heavy
(Bass, Bayman, Leon, Rachael)

- 7K CHI~K (58)
- 7K CHI~K TF P (58, use as an oki since no more hits are possible)
- 6PK TEN~K CHI~P (50)
- 3P CHI~K TEN~K CHI~P (55)

edit: fixed some errors
edit3: formatting

Last edited:

Nuke-Nin

Awesome shit!

Thanks so much for posting this! I know that not alot of people are into Phase-4 but I see her as a diamond in the rust, a rare find if you will. Seeing members post such great stuff like this is always a treat to see and is widely appreciated! (sometimes I feel like the P4 moderator lol) I'll be sure to add this stuff to the first post ;D Keep it up!

Notes/Questions:

"66P+K P+K" This may sound stupid but is this a hidden move? or did you mean {P6P(P+K)/P+K(P+K)/66PP(P+K)}?

"the point is that combos with TEN~K CHI~P can do 10 or 15 points of extra damage if hit into one of the respective walls."

Tenfu-K is a god-like wall combo staple seeing as it does not Wall-Splat. but in Lab I used that combo ender and I noticed I didn't get any extra floor damage? I may have misread that part but are we supposed to get floor-dmg?

D3taylz

Notes/Questions:

"66P+K P+K" This may sound stupid but is this a hidden move? or did you mean {P6P(P+K)/P+K(P+K)/66PP(P+K)}?

"the point is that combos with TEN~K CHI~P can do 10 or 15 points of extra damage if hit into one of the respective walls."

Tenfu-K is a god-like wall combo staple seeing as it does not Wall-Splat. but in Lab I used that combo ender and I noticed I didn't get any extra floor damage? I may have misread that part but are we supposed to get floor-dmg?
@SchwarzPhy got it right, I meant 66P+G into P+G , messed that up. I edited the post again to fix it.

Couldnt agree more about her being a hidden gem, IMO she has mad potential and once we optimize her damage she'll be hella scary. Dont think she's crazy high tier or nething like most ppl are saying but I love her design, she's fun to play and her combos are so dam satisfying to execute! XD

More stuff coming soon. She's so new most of her tech is uncharted so I can really go ham in the lab trying stuff out, more than happy to upload my findings. Im working on all aspects of her game, Expert Hold combos, throw combos, CB and PL combos, BNB launcher combos, CB setups! I'm all over the place, lol, but I'll upload more as I finish polishing it.

Cheers.

Edit:
Scratch what I wrote, I re-formatted the original post, it's much much cleaner now.

Last edited:

D3taylz

MOAR COMBOS!!!!

Critical Burst Combos

Notes
- Wall variations: 4P and CHI~K cause a wall splat so they`re only viable mid-screen
- TEN~T: great damage, best combo ender and often very stable once you have the timing down, but using it in a wall combo will let your opponent out of the corner

Damage values
- all damage listed is on Normal HIT
- there are 2 values listed with each combo:

(1) is the actual damage of the juggle combo (imagine the launcher hitting at zero damage),
(2) is the damage for the entire including the CB setup

Thx to @commanda Panda, I realized that combos don’t scale much (if at all) if you`re juggle is more then 1-2 hits, so if you have a juggle combo that does, say, 50 damage, and a setup that does 40 damage, the total will ALWAYS be 90. In a similar fashion if you do that same 50 damage juggle with a setup that does 20 damage, the total will be 70. I tested this with a dozen combo variations using various juggles, critical burst combos, etc, and they all yield the same result. Since the juggle combo is always the same it’s easy to find it once you know the damage of the setup combo, and this way it`s easy to compare which combo is best.

CB Set-ups used

1) Midscreen: 4P 6PP 6P+K (CB) – 50 dmg
2) Wall variations: 8P PPP 6P+K (CB) – 50 dmg

Simple combos but even if you use a set-up combo that does less or more damage than these 2, the actual juggle damage wont change.

*Final note about character weights:
*all the combos listed will work for lighter weights, i.e. combos with Super Heavy work on Medium and Light characters, Middle Weight combos work on Light characters EXCEPT for Alpha. Alpha's an exception because by the CB state she SOARS with each launches and she's too high up for most normal follow-ups, i.e. after the CB, 33K 4P ... will whiff because she's so high up!

Feather
(Alpha)

- 4K 4K CHI~K TEN~P 8K TEN~T (83, 133)
- 4K 4P 4K CHI~K TEN~T (75, 125) *Possible vs. light chars but the alternatives are much more stable for 1 pt. less damage
- 4K CHI~K TEN~P 8K TEN~T (73, 123)
- 4K CHI~K TEN~P 4K CHI~K TEN~K CHI~P (70, 120)
- 4K 4K CHI~K TEN~P 8K TEN~K CHI~P (69, 119)

Wall Variations
- 33K 4K 4K 4K 8K TEN~T (85, 135)
- 33K 4K 4K 4K 8K TEN~K CHI~P (81, 131)
- 33K 4K 4K 4K PKKK (79, 129)
- 4K 4K 6PK TEN~P PKKK (79, 129) *128 dmg with 33K 4K

- 33K 4K 4K 8K TEN~P PKKK (80, 130) *very inconsistent, Alpha can be hit out of the corner so PKKK whiffs

Super Light, Light, Welter
(Ayane, Kasumi, Elliot, Hitomi, Kokoro, Mila, Momiji, Sarah, Lei Fang, Pai, Marie Rose, Phase 4)

- 33K 8K TEN~P 4K CHI~K TEN~K CHI~P (68, 118)
- 33K 4K CHI~K TEN~P 8K TEN~K CHI~P (68, 118)
- *Plus the 1st 2 combos under Middle Weight – both end in TEN~T

Wall variations
- 33K 8K TEN~P 8K TEN~P KKK (78, 128) *possible to hit PKKK for 81 dmg (full combo does 131) but it’s less stable and the opponent can fall out
- 33K 8K TEN~P 6PK TEN~T (74, 124)
- 33K 4K 6PK TEN~P KKK (75, 125)

Middle Weight, Cruiser and Heavy
(Akira, Brad Wong, Christie, Ein, Hayate, Hayabusa, Jacky, Jann Lee, Lisa, Rig, Tina, Zack, Gen Fu, Helena)

- *33K 4P 4K CHI~K TEN~T (74, 124) *BNB vs. Light
- *4K CHI~K TEN~P 8K TEN~T (73, 123) *BNB vs. Light
- 33K 4P 4K CHI~K TEN~K CHI~P (60, 110)

Wall variations
- 33K 8K TEN~P 8K TEN~T (71, 121)
- 33K 8K TEN~P 6PK TEN~K CHI~P (70, 120)
- 4K 6PK TEN~P PKKK (69, 119)

- Possible yet unstable: 33K 8K TEN~P 6PK TEN~T (74, 124) *also works mid-screen but less stable/very strict timing, tested vs. Tina and Gen Fu

Super Heavy
(Bass, Bayman, Leon, Rachael)

- 33K 4K CHI~K TEN~T (66, 116)
- 33K 4K CHI~K TEN~K CHI~P (52, 102)

Wall variations
- 33K 8K TEN~P PKKK (65, 115)
- 4K 6PK TEN~T (59, 109)
- 4K 8K TEN~K CHI~P (47, 97)

******Midscreen combos ending with ...TEN~K CHI~P
- add +10 or +15 damage if you hit your OPP into a normal or electrified wall respectively. For example, this juggle vs. Alpha: 4K CHI~K TEN~P 4K CHI~K TEN~K CHI~P does 70 damage (minus the set-up dmg), but it'll do 80 or 85 fif they hit a wall/electric wall.

Keep that in mind, all those mid-screen variations ending this way potentially do more dmg than the variants ending in TEN~T!

----------------
Also I cant possibly take credit for all these, if a combo you posted or uploaded is listed here let me say thank you for posting it. I've compiled tons and tons of combos over the last week from various sources (combo vids, forum posts, match vids, etc.) and there's no way of crediting each individual source. But each one I saw helped me benchmark what was possible and inspired new ideas.

Any questions, please lemme know.

Cheers.

Edit: cleaned up the spacing a bit.
Edit2: fixed some mistakes

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Situational guaranteed punishment for juggle, 6PKP+K

Other than throw punishing, Phase 4's 6PKP+K going to be a key tool for defensive punishment. When a character is left in a back turned unsafe move, it is a guaranteed punish that's giving you juggling potential. The things that it will punish are Lei Fang's 33P+K, Kokoro's 7K, Hayabusa's uppercut launcher, Rachel's 4H+K, Hitomi's 4H+K, & Brad Wong upper cut. All of these moves are unsafe in BT. It also knocks Momiji out of her jump stance & transitions. So there is another key situation to use this. These are some examples. You will need to go into the lab with other characters to see what leaves them unsafe in BT so that you can apply this tool for guaranteed punishement.

You will want to see what kind of juggling numbers that you can get out of this. I did 2 that has an ending throw & one that leads them into the wall. 6PK isn't something to be overlooked because it's one of her fastest moves in the neutral. Use this. It is very key for punishing.

Last edited:

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
Check this out:

Her :6::7::h: (High Punch) grants her some pretty nifty combos. Also, she has a possible mixup starter. Let me explain further:

First, a combo. After :6::7::h:, do :9::K:, :6::P::K: > Teleport :H+P: (T). 84 on normal counter, 86 on Counter Hold status, and 89 on Hi Counter Hold status.

Now the mixup goes like this: After the advanced hold, do :6::6::K: > Teleport. This will create a must guess situation as the wrong hold could lead to P4 doing an empty teleport into a painful Counter Throw, or just a throw in general due to slow escaping.

Enjoy. Thanks to @iHajinShinobi for bringing up a "possible vortex" off of this. We'll need to explore this further brethren!

Zephyrion

Check this out:

Her :6::7::h: (High Punch) grants her some pretty nifty combos. Also, she has a possible mixup starter. Let me explain further:

First, a combo. After :6::7::h:, do :9::K:, :6::P::K: > Teleport :H+P: (T). 84 on normal counter, 86 on Counter Hold status, and 89 on Hi Counter Hold status.

Now the mixup goes like this: After the advanced hold, do :6::6::K: > Teleport. This will create a must guess situation as the wrong hold could lead to P4 doing an empty teleport into a painful Counter Throw, or just a throw in general due to slow escaping.

Enjoy. Thanks to @iHajinShinobi for bringing up a "possible vortex" off of this. We'll need to explore this further brethren!

Nice one ! If you're not near a wall, I'd say you're better off using dash>:6::P:+:K: after it ! it is +18 on fastest stagger escape, so you can set a nasty guess setup between :4::P: limbo stun (you get the limbo if the opponent doesn't escape, or does the wrong hold) :6::6::K: (you can try to either combo/reset from the sit-down stun, or try a teleport mixup). Also, this can lead into single guess setup if they don't stagger escape, as you get a back-turned :6::6::K: into Tenfu :P: after the :6::P:+:K: : At this point the opponent is at lv2 red critical stun. Or you can go for the :3::3::H+P: throw, which catches fast stagger escaping and hold attempts.

Just remember that it is still possible to stagger escape and then hold all of these (except throws, obviously), so don't rely too much on any one of those setups. I'm sure there are alot more possibilities ! So be sure to share them !

Last edited:

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Chifu K was absolute hell for the first hour I played her :oops:

Lightweight :236::H+P:, :4::P:, :4::K: :P+K: CHI :K: :P+K: TEN :P:, :P::6::P::P: does 106 on HI-C as opposed to using the tenfu throw~ 101 - Super strict timing though, would not use online.

:6::7::h::
I'm not sure if I'd rather go for oki on this, but if I did I would prob go with follow ups like :H+K:, :P+K:
:P: and :6::P+K:. (into 66K, i dunno)

She does have some awkward pseudo force techs~ :6::K::K:/:P::P::6::K::K: gives +20 with no tech no matter what the height, and can let you :9::K:. I would use it a lot of she had Kasumi's 9K mixups but she doesn't. (As always, unsafe >.>)

Level 3 :3::3::K:, :4::K: :P+K: CHI :K: :P+K: TEN :P:, :P: :8::H+P+K: :P: is just something I found and gives about +23 on hit, and -3 if it misses. You can probably get more damage in before the sidestep P.
Remember 6KK 9K and the combo above don't work on the AI, record it then use it on yourself!

Zephyrion

Lightweight :236::H+P:, :4::P:, :4::K: :P+K: CHI :K: :P+K: TEN :P:, :P::6::P::P: does 106 on HI-C as opposed to using the tenfu throw~ 101 - Super strict timing though, would not use online.

:6::7::h::
I'm not sure if I'd rather go for oki on this, but if I did I would prob go with follow ups like :H+K:, :P+K:
:P: and :6::P+K:. (into 66K, i dunno)

She does have some awkward pseudo force techs~ :6::K::K:/:P::P::6::K::K: gives +20 with no tech no matter what the height, and can let you :9::K:. I would use it a lot of she had Kasumi's 9K mixups but she doesn't. (As always, unsafe >.>)

Level 3 :3::3::K:, :4::K: :P+K: CHI :K: :P+K: TEN :P:, :P: :8::H+P+K: :P: is just something I found and gives about +23 on hit, and -3 if it misses. You can probably get more damage in before the sidestep P.
Remember 6KK 9K and the combo above don't work on the AI, record it then use it on yourself!

Wow, nice finds , especially on the pseudos force techs ! This is MUCH better than the one I suggested on the general thread ! For :6::7::h: you'd generally want to go for guaranteed damage, but doesn't hurt to know this techs and use them if you need that extra damage for the kill, or just keep the opponent on his toes every once in a while !

for throw combos, I found a ridiculously hard combos that does 110 on Hi counter throw. works barely on lightweights and super light weights ! :236::H+P: , micro-dash :4::K: :P+K: CHI :K: :P+K: TEN :P:,:8::K: TEN :K: CHI :P: This won't go out of training mode since you need to input all your teleports as fast as possible if you want it to connect !

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

Hmmm ... I tried that and I only get 88 damage on high counter. Are you sure the notation is right this way?

*Edit* Nevermind, I used hc instead of hc+.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

What about these combos? Dot P+K after a move indicates teleport.

1) Counter hit 3P.P+K - P6P.P+K - 3P.P+K - 4K.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PPK
2) KK - 3P.P+K - 1PP.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PKKK

Other combo enders for combo 1 (substitute PPK):
a) PPP.P+K - Chifu P
b) 8K.P+K - Tenfu K.P+K - Chifu P
c) 8K.P+K - Tenfu T
d) PP6PK

Other combo enders for combo 2 (substitute PKKK):
I) 6PK.P+K - Tenfu K.P+K - Chifu P
II) 6PK.P+K - Tenfu T
III) PPP.P+K - Chifu P
IV) 7K.P+K - Chifu P

Both combos and combo variants work up to midweight characters! :)

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
What about these combos? Dot P+K after a move indicates teleport.

2) KK - 3P.P+K - 1PP.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PKKK

That one is very hard to connect if the opponent is stagger escaping, even on fast. 3P after KK gets blocked for me every time.

KING JAIMY

That one is very hard to connect if the opponent is stagger escaping, even on fast. 3P after KK gets blocked for me every time.
I know but Phase 4 has literally almost no normal hit openers. Most openers must be on counterhit. By the way it is an example of an opener. Maybe more consistent is 6PP (Counterhit). Be careful that it doesn't get blocked though. In essence you need two stuns to get the combo going.

And could you please tell me what you think of the juggles itself, so not the set-up? :)

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
You did not wrote that KK has to land on counterhit, did you? However, it doesn't matter because if the opponent is SEing after getting counter-hit by KK, 3P will not hit, regardless if counter-hit or not. Anyway, I know what you mean, sorry for finickiness.

The first (setup) one contains a lot of mid punches before going for the 4K launch, not that this is something bad, but they are holdable and you may want to consider that the opponent is going to hold that because you could also go for a CB instead.

Well, for the second one, the PKKK ender misses for me, so I guess it's only recommended when you are near a wall. Also, on fastest SE, the 3P P+K cancel into 1PP can be blocked.

The damage of both juggles is very good then, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD