Playstation 4 vs Xbox One: One thread to rule them all

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah I don't think people notice, but both systems are having issues. We don't know how minor, or major it is yet. And this is expected as systems been having day one issues since the ps2(possibly before). It also seem the better technology gets in gaming the worse it seems to become with these launches. I've been reading way too many fanboyism favoring even on facebook and really people need to shut up and just play whatever they want to play and let others enjoy what they want to play. Soon as someone says "I have a xbox one" or "PS4" those people get so many negative feedback from others. Stop being a enjoyment killer. Launches used to be exciting. I haven't been exciting about a launch since the dream cast. I'm not excited about this launch, either. But I'm not going to be a buzz killer. Just play what you want and avoid what you don't.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
"Microsoft products have always broken soon after I buy them, so Microsoft is shit!"

"The Microsoft products I buy never break. That means Microsoft creates great products!"

Sounds like a whole lot of useless anecdotal evidence to me.
Nothing anecdotal about it, as I clearly supported.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54

Just google "xbox 360 failure rates" and you will see plenty of evidence to support skepticism regarding MS's quality control.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Yeah I don't think people notice, but both systems are having issues. We don't know how minor, or major it is yet. And this is expected as systems been having day one issues since the ps2(possibly before). It also seem the better technology gets in gaming the worse it seems to become with these launches. I've been reading way too many fanboyism favoring even on facebook and really people need to shut up and just play whatever they want to play and let others enjoy what they want to play. Soon as someone says "I have a xbox one" or "PS4" those people get so many negative feedback from others. Stop being a enjoyment killer. Launches used to be exciting. I haven't been exciting about a launch since the dream cast. I'm not excited about this launch, either. But I'm not going to be a buzz killer. Just play what you want and avoid what you don't.
Launches used to be exciting but many current systems have killed alot of that joy. All of this anti used games shenanigans, lack luster launch titles, and ridiculous gimmicks. I mean come on, charging 500$ for an extra 100$ camera that is yet to be proven to be a valuable gaming device. The tech isnt even reliable and I have seen many demos of it not working well at all.

I mean why didnt MS just push that extra 100$ into more processing power into the xbone so we could have had a truly powerful system? Why not put that 100$ for full backward compatibility going down to the original xbox?

AT the end of the day, Software is what sells hardware, thats the hard truth. If MS wanted to revolutionize gaming they should have made an amazing title that uses the kinnect and so buying the peripheral would have been a no brainer. Just like Halo CE and DOA3 made the original xbox a no brainer to buy. Instead they dole out a gimmick that isn't even reliable and doesnt work 100% of the time.

It isnt fanboyism either. Honestly I was 64 during psx, xbox& GC during PS2, and 360 during PS3. Sony just hasnt been doing idiotic things.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm loving Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon (caved and bought it despite the reviews and I'm glad I did), and Killer Instinct. Battlefield 4 is still a clusterfuck thanks to EA but the game itself is great when I can stay connected to a server. The SmartGlass integration with Dead Rising 3 is incredibly sick and you really have to try it if you have the opportunity.

I currently have one major issue with the Xbox One: online multiplayer with your friends is incredibly stupid. You can't manually invite friends. Instead, you open a party and then host a match, at which point the system sends invites for you to the party. Couple of problems with this setup right away: first, it won't send them to people who have Strict NAT it seems and it chooses whether to if you have Moderate. I have Open but if my friends don't, they may not get the invite. The second problem is that some games actually completely block you from going into matchmaking if you're in a party, presumably to prevent cheating and shit. Unbelievably stupid setup given the first problem I mentioned. If everyone was Open NAT it'd be a non-issue but that's not the case.

Otherwise I love everything about the system and still have no issues with my own console. Come March I'll snag a PS4 as well but I'm only getting it for inFamous and Uncharted, honestly. Multiplat will stay on my Xbox.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Just to prove how much better then Xbox One launch lineup is to the PS4, Jim sterling has made his Top Ten Greatest Xbox One Games OF ALL TIME list.

Sterling gave it a good try, but the studio version of "Money" sounds much better. This should be Microsoft's theme.

People are whining a lot about DLC... and don't get me wrong it is a problem, but only because video game publishers have been stupid about it. Who wants Day 1 DLC? That's a dead giveaway that you are trying to rip someone off. If Day 1 DLC comes out free, via Mass Effect 2, it's designed to ease you into it because a lot more is on the way.

When I played Goldeneye 007 on the N64 I thought of expansion after the first year of playing it non-stop with my friends. Not a contrived sequel -- just a few more maps maybe. This is how DLC should be done. When people crave for more -- that's when those DLC announcements should be made. But games overall have become very disposable this past generation, and people are always anticipating their next game. Almost making the consumers look like crack fiends. So for most games DLC doesn't even matter because the game isn't going to be played for a year anyway.

Devs and publishers missed the mark on DLC.

As far as the current gen, (XBONE, WIIU, PS4) this is the most disappointing generation I've seen yet. The WiiU seems like the best option. The games are fun, the exclusives are coming, the system is affordable; yet no one looks in this direction because the hardware is "outdated."

Game players would much rather fork out over 500 dollars to play multi-platform games that aren't exclusive and are also available on past generation consoles. Metal Gear Solid 5? I'll be playing that on my PS3 by the looks of it. And KH3 and FF15? 2015? That's when I will start thinking of Xbox One and PS4. As of now, they are figments of my imagination. WiiU on the other hand is looking like a valuable, affordable piece with excellent exclusives to boot.

Might I also remind you, Microsoft and Sony don't give a fuck about any of you. You asked for backwards compatibility and a slew of other things and they didn't deliver or think about it twice. Some of you act like the brand you choose defines you as a person and I find this disturbing. Of course that's what Sony and Microsoft both want in attempt to rob you of your every dollar. Ryse? Forza? Dead Rising? I'll keep my money and spend it on weed.

KAP

The second problem is that some games actually completely block you from going into matchmaking if you're in a party, presumably to prevent cheating and shit. Unbelievably stupid setup given the first problem I mentioned. If everyone was Open NAT it'd be a non-issue but that's not the case.
I welcome this change. Gaming on Xbox Live for many types of games was better before Party Chat. On many games I own, it is nearly impossible to get into a game with people who talk because everyone is in a party. Certian games, such as tactical first person shooters really benefit from team coordination, and that cannot happen if someone on your team is in party chat.

Regardless, I have a PS4 and will probably not get an Xbox One until they take Kinect out of the box and drop the price by 100 dollars.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I welcome this change. Gaming on Xbox Live for many types of games was better before Party Chat. On many games I own, it is nearly impossible to get into a game with people who talk because everyone is in a party. Certian games, such as tactical first person shooters really benefit from team coordination, and that cannot happen if someone on your team is in party chat.

Regardless, I have a PS4 and will probably not get an Xbox One until they take Kinect out of the box and drop the price by 100 dollars.
That's certainly one way to look at it. The other is that your team is in a party chat to cooperate and now you can't. You also can't get into matches together to begin with because of the way it works without everyone trying to join off of one person. It doesn't work all that well currently but it's not bad if it's just two or three people. More is impossible.

Mestizo

Standard Donor

Sterling gave it a good try, but the studio version of "Money" sounds much better. This should be Microsoft's theme.

People are whining a lot about DLC... and don't get me wrong it is a problem, but only because video game publishers have been stupid about it. Who wants Day 1 DLC? That's a dead giveaway that you are trying to rip someone off. If Day 1 DLC comes out free, via Mass Effect 2, it's designed to ease you into it because a lot more is on the way.

When I played Goldeneye 007 on the N64 I thought of expansion after the first year of playing it non-stop with my friends. Not a contrived sequel -- just a few more maps maybe. This is how DLC should be done. When people crave for more -- that's when those DLC announcements should be made. But games overall have become very disposable this past generation, and people are always anticipating their next game. Almost making the consumers look like crack fiends. So for most games DLC doesn't even matter because the game isn't going to be played for a year anyway.

As far as the current gen, (XBONE, WIIU, PS4) this is the most disappointing generation I've seen yet. The WiiU seems like the best option. The games are fun, the exclusives are coming, the system is affordable; yet no one looks in this direction because the hardware is "outdated."

Game players would much rather fork out over 500 dollars to play multi-platform games that aren't exclusive and are also available on past generation consoles. Metal Gear Solid 5? I'll be playing that on my PS3 by the looks of it. And KH3 and FF15? 2015? That's when I will start thinking of Xbox One and PS4. As of now, they are figments of my imagination. WiiU on the other hand is looking like a valuable, affordable piece with excellent exclusives to boot.

Might I also remind you, Microsoft and Sony don't give a fuck about any of you. You asked for backwards compatibility and a slew of other things and they didn't deliver or think about it twice. Some of you act like the brand you choose defines you as a person and I find this disturbing. Of course that's what Sony and Microsoft both want in attempt to rob you of your every dollar. Ryse? Forza? Dead Rising? I'll keep my money and spend it on weed.

You can thank COD and all the mindless idiots who buy damn near the same game it yearly for the disposibility.

Wii U is indeed the best choice right now. SMash / mario kart coming soon and basically the entire wii library + virtual console games which are super cheap (though id rather just buy the real thing)

MS wanted to bone people as hard as possible (lolwut no used games?) Sony probably had the same idea in the works (hence why they never commented on it. But when they saw he backlash MS got, Sony went for the throat.

That's certainly one way to look at it. The other is that your team is in a party chat to cooperate and now you can't. You also can't get into matches together to begin with because of the way it works without everyone trying to join off of one person. It doesn't work all that well currently but it's not bad if it's just two or three people. More is impossible.
If you remember Halo 2 online, then no party chat was much better.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Launches used to be exciting but many current systems have killed alot of that joy. All of this anti used games shenanigans, lack luster launch titles, and ridiculous gimmicks. I mean come on, charging 500$ for an extra 100$ camera that is yet to be proven to be a valuable gaming device. The tech isnt even reliable and I have seen many demos of it not working well at all.

I mean why didnt MS just push that extra 100$ into more processing power into the xbone so we could have had a truly powerful system? Why not put that 100$ for full backward compatibility going down to the original xbox?

AT the end of the day, Software is what sells hardware, thats the hard truth. If MS wanted to revolutionize gaming they should have made an amazing title that uses the kinnect and so buying the peripheral would have been a no brainer. Just like Halo CE and DOA3 made the original xbox a no brainer to buy. Instead they dole out a gimmick that isn't even reliable and doesnt work 100% of the time.

It isnt fanboyism either. Honestly I was 64 during psx, xbox& GC during PS2, and 360 during PS3. Sony just hasnt been doing idiotic things.

I don't know what this has to do with my post. My point is fanboyism is stupid which is what's carrying a lot of these topics. Nothing but blind ignorance from them. Also all those things you mentioned isn't just MS. You do know Sony planned on selling there PS4 originally for the same price having the camera come with it, right? You do realize that Sony also was going to do the anti use games..etc policies? Sony back out when MS got the backlash. Ironically not only did they back out, but they used the back lash from gamers to promote themselves. Because that's what they do. They don't give a shit about fanboys, but using them for money. They are all just tools. Launch being ruined really has nothing to do with the companies. It has to do the with internet. The whining. People getting robbed. I can go on. The systems have not been out very long to say how "bad" they are. Not many console launches usually start off with a great line up. I actually think this gen has good line up for this launch and some more coming out not far behind.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor

Sony is bringing backwards compatibility with Gaikai In 2014
MS and Sony do give a fuck about us to an extent on which they will do stuff to please consumers so we will buy their stuff and give them moneehhh, they are in this business to make money lets not forget that
Why does it matter what people spend their earned money on
This generation was the best with exclusives on both Microsofts and Sony's side
The DLC is pretty ridiculous especially in NG3 for me where they charged $3 for the Scythe and Claws, like common and same with battlefield, you buy the game for $67 here after tax and then the premium pass costs $57 here after tax like omg >.>

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Sony is bringing backwards compatibility with Gaikai In 2014
MS and Sony do give a fuck about us to an extent on which they will do stuff to please consumers so we will buy their stuff and give them moneehhh, they are in this business to make money lets not forget that
Why does it matter what people spend their earned money on
This generation was the best with exclusives on both Microsofts and Sony's side
The DLC is pretty ridiculous especially in NG3 for me where they charged $3 for the Scythe and Claws, like common and same with battlefield, you buy the game for $67 here after tax and then the premium pass costs $57 here after tax like omg >.>

They care about your dollar... lol. But they don't care much about developers either.

This generation was the best with exclusives? I find that more opinionated than anything else. But as a fair comparison to your statement... do you remember Perfect Dark? Do you remember Perfect Dark Zero?

Why does it matter what people spend their money on? Simple conclusion. When people come into the market, they don't necessarily know what is going to work and what is not going to work. Day 1 DLC was a horrible idea. Universally people would agree that it's a horrible idea. Yet people bought it. People saw a need to have it all and failed to see what they are doing to the game market as a whole.

People started eating up DLC... even though they bitch about it in forums. It matters what people spend their money on because Microsoft and Sony see it as feedback. What you buy changes the game industry forever.

Say what you want about exclusives, but I completely disagree with you. I had more fun with PS2, XB and GC era. Typically, I am super jealous of people that get systems on day 1. Not this time.

Last edited:

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I don't know what this has to do with my post. My point is fanboyism is stupid which is what's carrying a lot of these topics. Nothing but blind ignorance from them. Also all those things you mentioned isn't just MS. You do know Sony planned on selling there PS4 originally for the same price having the camera come with it, right? You do realize that Sony also was going to do the anti use games..etc policies? Sony back out when MS got the backlash. Ironically not only did they back out, but they used the back lash from gamers to promote themselves. Because that's what they do. They don't give a shit about fanboys, but using them for money. They are all just tools. Launch being ruined really has nothing to do with the companies. It has to do the with internet. The whining. People getting robbed. I can go on. The systems have not been out very long to say how "bad" they are. Not many console launches usually start off with a great line up. I actually think this gen has good line up for this launch and some more coming out not far behind.

What if I told you that no one can kill your enjoyment unless you let them? (especially in this situation). Also if you post stuff on facebook there is no guarantee you will get all good responses but that is what you agree to by making your thoughts public.

If you would have taken a few seconds instead and saw my post that was just above this reply you would have seen that I already acknowledged the possibility of Sony being ready to do the same stuff. Either way they did not and in the real world its about what you DO that matters, not what you consider and but never commit to.

No launch has a lot to do with the companies. MS damned alot of its reputation by trying to implement anti consumer policies and then trying to act smug about it. Sony did what any logical person would do when they see an idiotic policy they considered for a while, being used to bring an opponent down. Point, laugh, and certainly not do that while reminding everyone "hey I am not an ass like they are". Fools rush in, and that is what MS did. It is the risk they took by being on the offense, being cocky from the 360's success, and forgetting that the customer should always come first.

ALso I give many shits about my hammer, my power drill, my buzz saw, my dremel etc. Tools are used to make me (the beneficiary) successful at a task, and any company's main task is to make money. Fanboys are indeed a tool to be used, but like any tool they need to be taken care of so one can succeed. The reason why so many are against MS is because they didnt take care of their tools, while sony did a better job at that.

In the end the consumer only benefited from the outlash against MS, and Sony did what had to be done to improve their chances of winning. In any fight (which is what business always is) attacking first always comes with risks. MS took that risk and they got countered. Same thing that happens in DOA.

ALso the consoles have been out long enough to have a decent amount dead on arrival. Something that shouldnt happen when that amount of money is spent and something that should never be tolerated. Both sides need to invest more in quality control pure and simple. By just accepting that ineptitude you only hurt yourself and allow lower quality products to be the norm.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
What if I told you that no one can kill your enjoyment unless you let them? (especially in this situation). Also if you post stuff on facebook there is no guarantee you will get all good responses but that is what you agree to by making your thoughts public.

If you would have taken a few seconds instead and saw my post that was just above this reply you would have seen that I already acknowledged the possibility of Sony being ready to do the same stuff. Either way they did not and in the real world its about what you DO that matters, not what you consider and but never commit to.

No launch has a lot to do with the companies. MS damned alot of its reputation by trying to implement anti consumer policies and then trying to act smug about it. Sony did what any logical person would do when they see an idiotic policy they considered for a while, being used to bring an opponent down. Point, laugh, and certainly not do that while reminding everyone "hey I am not an ass like they are". Fools rush in, and that is what MS did. It is the risk they took by being on the offense, being cocky from the 360's success, and forgetting that the customer should always come first.

ALso I give many shits about my hammer, my power drill, my buzz saw, my dremel etc. Tools are used to make me (the beneficiary) successful at a task, and any company's main task is to make money. Fanboys are indeed a tool to be used, but like any tool they need to be taken care of so one can succeed. The reason why so many are against MS is because they didnt take care of their tools, while sony did a better job at that.

In the end the consumer only benefited from the outlash against MS, and Sony did what had to be done to improve their chances of winning. In any fight (which is what business always is) attacking first always comes with risks. MS took that risk and they got countered. Same thing that happens in DOA.

ALso the consoles have been out long enough to have a decent amount dead on arrival. Something that shouldnt happen when that amount of money is spent and something that should never be tolerated. Both sides need to invest more in quality control pure and simple. By just accepting that ineptitude you only hurt yourself and allow lower quality products to be the norm.

Companies been trying to do those policies for years. They tried last gen, the gen before that. We knew they would try to ask for it this gen. MS just had the balls to tell you to allow you to leave feedback. That is what got the policy changed. Feedback make a big difference. Obviously MS didn't commit to it, either. Also you forgot the step where it's about reading between the lines. It's a very important one.That "idiotic" policy Sony saw like I said they were going to do the samething. So what they decided to "counter" didn't effect me because I knew this. I also knew MS would overturn it. Also 360/PS3 launch wasn't that great, either. Especially for PS3. Do you forget how much a PS3 cost at launch? But yet they still pulled through. You can't judge how well a system is going to do on launch.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I dont think it has anything to do with MS having balls, they clearly underestimated the publics abhorrence to the whole issue, otherwise they would have never gone through with announcing it.

MS did commit to it by announcing it was their intention and even tried for a while to defend it and say there was no chance of going back. It took them being booed while on stage at events and mocked on TV for anything to change.

I have no doubt sony was going to do the same if the public didnt care. I am sure publishers would have preferred such policies so if MS was OK to do it they didnt want to risk 3rd parties to go with MS for exclusivity. The difference between Sony and MS in this situation was timing. MS defended for a while those foolish ideas while sony was quick to see "hey, these policies are unpopular -- lets not do that".

The 360 launch was fine IMO, It allowed me to play Halo 2 online with an HDMI signal compared to my component before. As for PS3 I wouldnt know anything about that since during that time was Halo's golden era, and for anyone in highschool that is what was played, no questions asked really since mainstream online console gaming was VERY NEW and popularized by Halo. So with 360 I didnt mind waiting a while for new games to come out since I could play all the old ones just fine and they looked better than ever.

That is not the case this time around though as both systems despite being highly advanced compared to the best of decade old computer gaming tech, cant play last gen titles for whatever reason.

I also agree with you on a consoles long term performance, but either way its the first time I am not excited at all for new systems. No really amazing games on either side.

KAP

Here is the amazing message people get on the Xbox One when they have been banned from Xbox Live:

kGouPEK.jpg

Because of your past behavior, you can't Xbox Live Gold is required to use Skype for Xbox One.

It looks like this sentence is missing a period. I'll fix it.

Because of your past behavior, you can't Xbox Live. Gold is required to use Skype for Xbox One.

wPuzhmQ.png

gold-bars.jpg

Thanks Neogaf.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Since Uploads aren't age-gated, I can understand cracking down on objectionable content and voiceover there. But in Skype? I don't use it myself but that seems a bit much. Hopefully they revise that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD