Community (Poll)So which version is everyone getting?

Which version or versions of 5LR are you getting

• Total voters

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I sure do hope I can play w/ Xbox One players on Xbox 360 though.

EDIT: Nvm, Microsoft had already revealed that they don't wanna do that.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Online is free on PS3, so PS3.
Unless they pull a Microsoft and shut down the ps3 online servers. Once the the xbox 360 began charging for online multiplayer, they shut down online support on the original xbox... it won't be long before the psn do the same, because they're already bringing down PlayStation home very soon

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Obviously, now knowing further details, the PS4 and XB1 versions are the way to go. HOWEVER, if you do not care about the costume customization at the character select screen, hairstyles, and stages, then the free upgrade for PS3 and 360 owners should be enough for them.

David Gregg

the free upgrade for PS3 and 360 owners should be enough for them.

It's free if you don't mind not being able to play with either of the new characters. ;) You'll have to pay for those. There is a Last Round upgrade you can purchase on 5U. Either way you look at it, last gen players got ripped off.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It's free if you don't mind not being able to play with either of the new characters. ;) You'll have to pay for those. There is a Last Round upgrade you can purchase on 5U. Either way you look at it, last gen players got ripped off.
So basically, whenever I get a PS4, should I even bother upgrading Ultimate on my PS3 to Last Round?

David Gregg

So basically, whenever I get a PS4, should I even bother upgrading Ultimate on my PS3 to Last Round?

I'd say no especially since all of your DLC will transfer over from PS3 to PS4 anyway. Lately I've been considering getting the 360 version b/c of my DLC but now that TN pulled this crap I guess it will only be the PS4 for me... :/

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't know which version to get. This whole experience has just been awful and confusing, but I say Team NINJA should delay the game indefinitely because nobody is happy, and the few people that are okay with the lack of content are overwhelmingly overshadowed.

David Gregg

I don't know which version to get. This whole experience has just been awful and confusing, but I say Team NINJA should delay the game indefinitely because nobody is happy, and the few people that are okay with the lack of content are overwhelmingly overshadowed.

But for current gen players we are somewhat satisfied. It's the last gen players who aren't getting sh*t. TN just should have been upfront with us from the start and said this:

"For our 360/PS3 players we will be offering more DLC characters in upcoming patches. We will be releasing a PS4/X1 version with more content including customization and new stages".

It would have avoided this messy situation that TN is currently experiencing with the community.

Gurimmjaw

Getting it for both PS3 and PS4. Though I'll probably be getting the PS4 version first but I'll pretty much play them equally on both PS3 and PS4.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
But for current gen players we are somewhat satisfied. It's the last gen players who aren't getting sh*t. TN just should have been upfront with us from the start and said this:

"For our 360/PS3 players we will be offering more DLC characters in upcoming patches. We will be releasing a PS4/X1 version with more content including customization and new stages".

It would have avoided this messy situation that TN is currently experiencing with the community.
I agree. I was set on just getting the PS3 version until I got my PS4, but now knowing that the last gen version of the game is getting none of the worthwhile content, I feel there is no point is even getting the free upgrade. Honestly, the best news from this whole situation was learning that DLC transfers over.

Kronin

I was set on just getting the PS3 version until I got my PS4, but now knowing that the last gen version of the game is getting none of the worthwhile content, I feel there is no point is even getting the free upgrade.

To get the new characters or outfis (and hopefully even the future DLC ones) seems to me more worthy than the hairstyles or the customization, so I believe that it's exaggerated to say so. IMO the very bad thing is the absence of the stages in a game like Doa where they are part of the gameplay how much as the characters: still hoping that TN will include at least paid DLC packs for the stages in future.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
IMO the very bad thing is the absence of the stages in a game like Doa where they are part of the gameplay how much as the characters: still hoping that TN will include at least paid DLC packs for the stages in future.
But last gen owners will get the new characters and costumes via DLC, but Team Ninja says that memory limitations are why PS3 and 360 owners will not get new stages. If this is true, then I expect that any new DLC they make for Last Round will be exclusive to the PS4 and XB1 version Last Round only.

Kronin

But last gen owners will get the new characters and costumes via DLC, but Team Ninja says that memory limitations are why PS3 and 360 owners will not get new stages. If this is true, then I expect that any new DLC they make for Last Round will be exclusive to the PS4 and XB1 version Last Round only.

Why? It's reasonable to suppose that the resources for the future DLC outfits will be the same of the ones used for the current ones that will become playable for the old gen. More how an outfit should constitute a problem of memory limits matters? (and by the way the same question should be asked for the hairstyles).

In addition it's pretty likely that the new DLC outfits will not be an exclusive even for the simple fact that it's the main way to assure profit to TK for the Doa series, it would be a bad move from a financial point to cut out all the potential purchaser on the old gen. They did it with DoA5 (and IMO it wasn't a good move) but I believe they can't allow to do it again with a third remake, and indeed now they are giving a free update of the game this time for boosting people to play it without forcing a purchase from scratch.

Last edited:

Chapstick

You want the game to be canceled because you're upset

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD