Pre-Release DOA5U Videos from TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaguy446

They do? I've really only seen people say 4 was better than 5, which is why I chose to buy it over 5 when I decided to get into the series. Somebody even messaged me while I was playing 4 "yup 4 was definitely better" because they saw I was playing it. Ratings don't mean much, but 4 got an average user score of 8.5 and 5 got 7.6 (gamespot)
The only reason anyone dislikes 5 is because of the characters. Balance wise, Soul Calibur 5 is the most balanced out of the series. So, Soul Calibur 5 is superior to 4.

DeathHand

Pretty sure that thing on his back is a parachute so no.

Any how unlike your standard go over your opponent attack Hayate's teleport won't stun his opponent meaning if they time it he could run straight into a punch.i want to see what happens it Bayman does his back roll at the same time cays its gunna be funny if I end up behind Hayate when he tries that shit lol

I was thinking when u teleport against a slow move, imagine doing that during that sloooow bayman kick (ppk I think),u dont need to see if its a middle or high kick or roundhouse, the hayate player will get the opportunity to counter very easily when he gets behind u, unlike his cartwell,the cartweel doesnt dodge kicks like a roundhouse.

"Bayman does his back roll at the same time cays its gunna be funny if I end up behind Hayate when he tries that shit lol"
u will get a realy good oportunity to attack =o ,still even if u roll front during the teleport u will get a good safe distance to have time to turn

Codemaster92163

The only reason anyone dislikes 5 is because of the characters. Balance wise, Soul Calibur 5 is the most balanced out of the series. So, Soul Calibur 5 is superior to 4.

That would be why I prefer SCIV. I dislike all the changes they did to the characters and their movelists. Plus, I wasn't too fond of random wake-up-invincible-frame-supers, either. But that's just me.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I was thinking when u teleport against a slow move, imagine doing that during that sloooow bayman kick (ppk I think),u dont need to see if its a middle or high kick or roundhouse, the hayate player will get the opportunity to counter very easily when he gets behind u, unlike his cartwell,the cartweel doesnt dodge kicks like a roundhouse.

i think all of Bayman's kicks are mids actually now that i think about it,his knee,the spin kick,the spartan kick,heel stomp, i think he has ONE high kick which puts them into BT but its just to dam slow. no wonder i was getting mid kick held so much in my last match

u will get a realy good oportunity to attack =o ,still even if u roll front during the teleport u will get a good safe distance to have time to turn

yeah but thats not nearly as fun, i can imagine it now

"ah ha!...wait where did he *crack* "

Jan Lee is a great, threatening character without Dragon Gunner.

If you don't realize that, you need to spend more time breaking down your character. A lot more.

Hmm...that's just your opinion though...you feel those things hold true. What you see...is entirely different from what another sees, correct? Even pros can't say if a character is good or not...even tiers are based on an opinion of how characters stack up. There's no definite proof that Jann is good without DG, is there? Only a general consensus of how the majority feels maybe....I feel I've played Jann enough to understand him quite a bit. >_O

Brute

Standard Donor
Hmm...that's just your opinion though...you feel those things hold true. What you see...is entirely different from what another sees, correct? Even pros can't say if a character is good or not...even tiers are based on an opinion of how characters stack up. There's no definite proof that Jann is good without DG, is there? Only a general consensus of how the majority feels maybe....I feel I've played Jann enough to understand him quite a bit. >_O
More like you've spammed Dragon Gunner enough to realize you don't know how to do anything else.

His previous nerf was taking away a guaranteed cb set up that was way too easy to get and they changed the stun on 1pk to make it to where you could hold. Very legit nerfs

So you say...I feel they weren't...that's just me. Also...you could hold 1pk even before the nerfs. O_O Anywho...I was talking about the DB nerf...why have the animation, but neglect the options?

More like you've spammed Dragon Gunner enough to realize you don't know how to do anything else.

Really...? Why assume something you don't know? You have never played me, nor do you know me. Why such hollow insults? I didn't insult you...lets please be mature. Otherwise...I'd rather not converse with someone who seems to be so childish.

Zeo

I just realized. Teleporting will be really bad against Bass...
Or really good. It'll be all about the timing but yeah, huge risk/reward case vs that guy.

Not quite enough.

- He had a braindead combo (PK) into guaranteed CB (Patched out)
- He has an 11 frame mid, the fastest mid in the game
- Some of the best range in the game
- Safety
- Insane damage
- Decent tracking moves
- Tons of guaranteed setups
- Decent low game

On top of all this despite being a striker he has an offensive hold (and the only striker with one until we get Ein) that not only guarantees 66K into a wall but also a mixup into Launch or potential Critical Burst? 5U he's already getting more mixups and advantage on block, he doesn't NEED the OH mixup. That's fact, not opinion. He's in the top 15 if not 10 best characters in the game already.

Last edited:

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
[quote="TheDragonWarrior, post: 114200, member:So you say...I feel they weren't...that's just me. Also...you could hold 1pk even before the nerfs. O_O Anywho...I was talking about the DB nerf...why have the animation, but neglect the options?[/quote]
If I stunned you with 1pk before the patch you couldnt hold afterwards. Come on jan lee guy you should know this. Or are you too busy using dragon gunner

Brute

Standard Donor
Really...? Why assume something you don't know? You have never played me, nor do you know me. Why such hollow insults? I didn't insult you...lets please be mature. Otherwise...I'd rather not converse with someone who seems to be so childish.
It's not a hollow insult. You feel that Jann Lee would be ruined without Dragon Gunner when in reality he has many other options. If you used those options, you would be acknowledging their merit.

For example: If I said: "Rig can only fight with punches," you would say: "No, he has good kicks and decent throws as well. Try using them." Then, my response (in your fashion) would be: "Really...? Why assume something you don't know? You have never played me, nor do you know me. Why such hollow insults?"

It's just absurdity. A Jann Lee main should know better than this.

Or really good. It'll be all about the timing but yeah, huge risk/reward case vs that guy.

Not quite enough.

- He had a braindead combo (PK) into guaranteed CB (Patched out)
- He has an 11 frame mid, the fastest mid in the game
- Some of the best range in the game
- Safety
- Insane damage
- Decent tracking moves
- Tons of guaranteed setups
- Decent low game

On top of all this despite being a striker he has an offensive hold (and the striker with one until we get Ein) that not only guarantees 66K into a wall but also a mixup into Launch or potential Critical Burst? 5U he's already getting more mixups and advantage on block, he doesn't NEED the OH mixup. That's fact, not opinion. He's in the top 15 if not 10 best characters in the game already.

So...you are the creator of the game? You decide what is needed and what is not? Whatever his arsenal may be it's still only how you feel. Others may feel different, or rather...if it's not too much trouble show me where the creators say his OH mixups aren't needed. Other characters have 9f jabs as opposed to other characters, no? Mentioning it serves what purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD